“EXELENT.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hillside Beach Club

You added Hillside Beach Club to your Saves list
Hillside Beach Club
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Belen Mah. Belen Cad. No:132 Kayak0y, Fethiye 48300, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“EXELENT.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My grand daughter and I had a wonderful time....The facilities for children were great.... Hotel lovely...Fab choice of food...I just cant praise the staff enough....It was just perfect and we are planning to go back next year already......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I loved hillside when my son was smaller than 8 years old and definitely suggest to families with small children. If you like a more active holiday than a peacefull one, than Hillside is still the best choice in Turkey. But if you don't want too much action and nightly animation plus your kids are older than 8, than D-Hotel Maris would be a better choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is our 16th year at hillside. i came for a training first, then for honeymoon and then with my babies ...,,,though it may seem a little obsessed, we could not find a better place in Turkey. sea and nature is perfect but what makes us come back is the service. You never get no as an answer , they try their best to make you feel at home and happy.
Love, love love the place
i am an Hillsider!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Norfolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have just returned from a week at Hillside - and already plan to return! The food was amazing and still very much based on Turkish fare, with so much choice, and great salads for vegetarians. Our room was very spacious and had a great sea view, with room for an additional bed for our daughter. It was a room quite high up - and did involve many stairs - which wasn't easy in the hot weather. There was something for everyone - water sport, catamaran sailing (my husband took a certificate), and even an arts corner for painting, and making mosaic trays etc. We went during the Turkish holiday for the end of Ramadan, so the hotel was very busy with lots of young children. But it was easy to escape to the quieter beaches. There was a scramble to get sun beds in shady areas, with many being reserved and not used until late in the morning. Good entertainment - although the shows did involve a lot of miming. Good service - and really everything you needed for a family holiday. They are very geared up for children of every age - perhaps not a peaceful retreat in the summer holidays for couples looking to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite high up the hillside with lots of steps - so if you find this difficult check t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Hillside Beach Club is the kind of hotel that once you have been once, you will want to go back every year. I have lots of positives and a few negatives but these all were solved. The first thing to mention is that the coach journey to the hotel from the airport is quite rough and bumpy so remember to get some water as it is at least and hour to the hotel. On arrival we got off and checked in. No one was offered drinks but their were free machines in the lobby. Once checked in our bags were put on golf buggies and taken to our room (773). We were told that we would have a sea view of which we got but some of this was a tree. The room itself has one of the best set ups I have ever stayed in. We stayed in a two bedroom room. On opening the door the room starts as all open air balcony. There are 3 rooms. Ahead from the door is the bathroom/toilet area of which is in open air. The master bedroom is very big and has a huge walk in wardrobe. The other room is much smaller and has barely any cupboard space so most clothes is stored in the master.

The restaurants are fantastic. Every night is different and there are around 50 main course stations and about 20 dessert. There is also a pizza oven that is used for more than just pizza. I would like to say thanks to Yasin for being an excellent waiter. But in all fairness they all were very good. The Pascha Restaurant is very different to the main. It is much quieter and is for age 12 and up. The food there is very good and is a Mediterranean based restaurant.

The beach and pool is amazing. Our sunbirds were on the beach and immediately we proffered the stones. The water is crystal clear and is very warm and amazing to swim in. The pool is kept exceptionally clean and is very good. The pool bar is very good and the staff are equally friendly. Around this area are a few shops and ice cream parlours. These are all very good but it was a bit pricey.

Myself and my dad are both very eager scuba divers and we spent a lot of our time at the Move dive centre. I have dived for 4 years now and I have to say that MOVE is the best place that I have ever dived at and the team of instructors are the best ever. I would reccomend that you at least have a go as once you have started with them, you won't want to stop. A big thank you to Ozan, Mustafa, Bolkar, Baris and Lutfu. When we were there we dived in caves, tunnels, fresh water, sea walls, at night and a wreck. We saw barracuda, octopus, scorpionsish, moray eels, stingrays, lion fish and loads more colourful things

At Hillside there is a teen club. Every time I go on holiday I try hard to make friends and have always done but for the initial time, I couldn't. This was a combination of the fact that I was very shy and the fact that there were no people my age. By the end of the holiday I met three amazing Turkish girls of whose parents work there. I find that the Turkish are sometimes more friendly than the English. The activities that the team do are not always what is said but after spending some time, I absolutely loved it. Thank you to James, Jessica and Felix. I would also like to thank Clara for whom came over to us and once we told her about it and what the people could improve, the next day all was solved. At the club there is table tennis, jacuzzi, mini amphitheatre, darts, basketball and more!

I only went to the water sports once and all I could say is that I wish I went more. I went on ringo of which you are in a rubber ring with a bottom and cushion and you are turned, pulled, flipped and jumped all over the place and it is the most fun thing ever and all the water sports team were great and all very friendly

In the evening there is usually a show and then another show or movie or themed night. The shows are based at children as the music is mimed but the dancing is incredible and Elvis for me is the best show. There is also a movie some nights. This years movies are Man of Steel, Fast6, Iron Man 3 and The Great Gatsby. All I would say is that can they sing in the shows and also maybe have more themes to nights and advertise what is happening in the shows.

Positives: scuba diving, staff friendliness, cleanliness, food, activities, room

Negatives: second bedroom size, long transfer, mimed evening entertainment

Quick Tip: Dalaman airport is very expensive so on your return I recommend eating a lot before you leave

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wijchen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed 12 nights and it was very good. Things to moan about? Nay, having said that; the little princess and princesses that run around in the restaurant are not always a fine sight for sore eye but, ah well, perhaps they may one day be properly served in their own secluded part of the restaurant, with their nannies ofcourse. I was particularly fond of the elevators and their friendly operators. I admit that I was very lazy and I have not walked up the stairs ot our room, only downwards. There is a very beautiful large tree on, looking from the sea, the left of the swimming pool, It kept on dropping black olive like fruits which took a gardiner quite some time every day. I'd move the tree away from the walking area if I had anything to say. Spendid, and splendidly kept, toilets, close to this tree. The peace and quiet was awesome by the pool. It was even quieter at the serenity beach and dead quiet, incredible really, at the quiet beach. One wishes this set up in more places. Oh, about food? Marvellous, plentiful, fresh, I was consumed with glee about the desserts and the cheese to follow. I would try to set up the part where the eggs are fried in the morning in another way but realise that it is difficult with so many stations at which cooking and frying is taking place at the same time. Animation team pretty good. Customer relations; mixed feelings, as I am not fluent in Turkish. Reception was no problem, but it was most helpful that we met a chap form Holland behind the counter. Suggestion: make the badges with flags to show what language a staffmember speaks, otherwise your guests might have to bring magnifying glasses to discover the languages on the badge. Waiters, most of them great ladies and gentlemen who really did their best. Yep, we'll be back. @Amber30049; How could you have missed the two lemonade fountains and the hot/cold water fountain at the reception. The're the first things you bump into? Staying later that checkout time was very good, just put on a friendly face and find out, loved it!

Room Tip: No, I am not going to disclose which room we prefer next time, sorry, you'll have to find out yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

What could I say about this hotel what is not told already? I agree about most of the positives, very good staff, incredible sea, amazing environment (you feel secluded) and great food. All definitely are very true. We really enjoyed our stay in general so I recommend it to everyone. What was very nice for a young couple like us was that, there were these great entertainment events almost every night. Beach party, beer night, Turkish night, movie on the beach were some I can think of. And when I say something like movie on the beach, don't take it lightly. Think about real movie machine and big curtain in the sea, you lie on beach seats and there are blankets for chilly weather plus you have popcorn! I mean, there is clearly a lot of thought behind these entertainment events so every experience is full. Honestly, we were quite impressed.
I have one negative though, the room was different in the picture on hotel's website(room has an extra section with sofa in the pictures which is not the case in reality). When I called and asked about this, the front desk guy tried to explain that there are only a few rooms like the one on the pictures and most of them were like ours. This is very misleading I think. We selected the mid-sized option since it looked roomy enough but it is not accurate. This mid-sized room is small! I mean Paris standard small! I can't even think about the smallest one! Keep this in mind if you will book it and remember if you contact people about something not so usual (like room not being the same on picture) you might get a less professional approach which I certainly got!

Room Tip: Go for the biggest one since mid-size is quite small.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hillside Beach Club? Share your experiences!