“Utterly over rated and had ants crawling on us!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 301 Restaurants in Fethiye
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Utterly over rated and had ants crawling on us!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am shocked to read any positive reviews from this place.

Well where do I start....

We visited this restaurant on the basis of there being good reviews before we flew out to Turkey. It was my birthday so we decided to go to celebrate. The receptionist at the hotel booked the table and informed them that it was my birthday.

The view is lovely (but you can see this anywhere and the sunset was actually better in Calis Beach)

We were picked up and taken on time. We arrived and the menu was the first disappointment as there weren't many Turkish dishes. We ordered Prawn Cocktail, Potato skins and garlic mushrooms to start. All were bland and nothing special.

We were then asked if we would like to view the tombs so we began to climb the stairs and it was too steep and warm. There was a photographer who kept pestering us and the other guests to have their photos taken.

We went back to eat our mains and ordered; seafood casserole, Jumbo Prawns, and 2 steaks. The casserole was bitty in a bland and burnt around the edges sauce, the prawns had no flavour and were sitting in a pool of oil with over done mash. The steaks were better but over done in relation to what was ordered.

I then kept itching my legs and realised that there was an ants nest on the window sill next to our table and I had ants crawling on my legs. My partner who was sitting opposite me was by this time having to brush them off the table!! I spoke to a waiter who then spoke to the owner who came over and looked at the ants nest and said "Yes but they are not crawling on you are they?" I informed him that they were and he said "Well do you want to move tables" I explained we were half way through our main meals so they moved the table 4 inches away from the window sill. This had little effect. I left one of the prawns because it tasted of nothing and covered in oil.

They could tell we were not happy and over half of all meals had been left and avoided eye contact with us for 15 mins before coming to clear the tables and didn't ask if everything was ok considering how much food was left.

I then kept trying to catch the waiter's eye to ask for the bill and he kept walking away and they avoided our table. Eventually I asked for the bill and 20 mins later this still hadn't come. With that all the lights went out and they played Happy Birthday over the music system and brought out a whole cake which was a surprise. They then cut the cake and served it to us without asking and gave the rest away to a child who was related to the owner. We then received the bill with 20 Lira added on for a cake we never ordered and had already wanted to leave before this and gave some of the cake away!!!

The worst thing was that we didn't feel like we could complain as we were relying on them to take us back to the hotel.

The service was terrible and food just as awful. I would avoid this restaurant like the plague. It is also set in what can only be described as the slums. They drove us back a different way and there were children and families in this shanty town sat on dirty mattresses outside the shacks and felt very unsafe.

Save your money as it is over priced and a complete waste of time and money. I am disappointed I went there to celebrate my birthday.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Lancashire
“Pick up did not arrive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Despite confirming reservation in UK and arranging pick up time/location, we stood 40 mins in sun waiting for a lift which failed to arrive (mobile in hand with no call received and no email message on back of original email to this day). For some reason on touch down to UK a voicemail from the restaurant appeared on phone (too little too late). Would have genuinely loved to have visited this restaurant but for whatever reason this did not happen. The Meeting Point, Calis got our custom instead on this night!

Visited June 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice change in the evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked this by phone and the restaurant provided a free return transfer which was great.

The setting was lovely, with amazing views,

The staff were very welcoming and the service was very good.

In between courses you can visit the Tomb so it makes for a bit of a different evening with some great photo opportunities!

The food was good and reasonable.

A nice evening out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Always look forward to going to the Kings Gardens...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was invited to this restaurant by an English friend of mine who lives in Calis.. we were picked up from our hotel in Calis. Salih & his staff greeted everyone as we climbed out of the mini bus.. we were made to feel very welcome. The staff are all polite & helpful, also patient as I am such a fussy eater and take forever to order. The boys decided to go off & explore the tombs in between courses. The views are great providing you like heights.The evening entertainer was an English girl singing which had the whole restaurant singing along with her. .We did a couple of visits during our stay & will b going back again with more friends & family when I return in August. I am looking forward to going on the night of the belly dancer.
Keep up the hard work salih, I look forward to seeing you & your staff soon.
♡ Samantha

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hull
“Lovely setting, brilliant to see the tombs, food almost to match”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

we were taken here as a surprise on one of our last nights on holiday. We were collected from our apartments at the agreed time and taken to the beautiful restaurant. The view was amazing and so close to the to tombs. After a lovely starter we went up to the tombs - note if you are planning to go to the tombs make sure you have suitable clothes/footwear a there is some climbing over rocks to get there. Main courses arrived and again were lovely. Desserts and coffee were also lovely and the cost was reasonable, the taxi then took us back. While the food was lovely the highlight has to be the setting and views. Will be back next year

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere