“Very nice and special food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Faro, Portugal
“Very nice and special food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I and a friend of mine, looked for the advise of Tripadvisor for a restaurant in Izmir, Turkey, and Gozlemecim was in the first place. We went there and not regret .. Very nice and special food and very nice people. All must try...

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Amazing gozleme!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The reviews don't lie - the gozleme here is truly something to die for. I had spinach, cheese, garlic and onion - the freshest, most delectable gozleme I had ever tasted (will have to scratch it from the menu at music festivals in the future - the comparison would just sadden me). But as a warning - the portion sizes are incredibly generous! I am still digesting hours later as I write this review. And my dream of also getting a dessert version quickly faded - so if you are a dessert fan, just splash out for one upfront unless you have a hollow stomach. Definitely worth the visit!

“Great, Lovely and Simple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Gozlemecim is a small store-restaurant at a narrow street, which is a bit hard to find. I went there after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor and knowing that it was the #1 restaurant in Izmir, and I didn't regret it at all. The owner/chef is a very nice and hard-working person and I had a long conversation with him in English which is really a rare thing to have in Izmir because very few people there know English. As for the food itself, it's excellent. I had 2 Gozleme's, one Chicken based and another sweet based with Kunefe and Chocolat. I promised the owner that I'll give him a 5 stars here on Trip Advsior and here I am keeping my promise.

UK
“Wonderful fresh Gozleme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Visited at lunchtime and was served lovely, fresh Gozleme cooked to perfection, it tasted great. The choice is amazing and you can order any combination of both sweet and savory fillings. We opted for a simple dishes of two fillings, my husband ordered sucuk (spicy sausage) and cheese which was just as good as the spinach and cheese dish I ordered. The owner is very friendly and speaks very good English and German as well as Turkish. I've just moved to Izmir and will certainly return for more. The restaurant is open 8am until 8pm 7 days a week so there must have been some confusion with a previous reviewer thinking it was closed at 7pm.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Without comparison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Having tried gozleme from all manner of places ranging from your side-of-the-road village market, to your high-end Istanbul breakfast eatery, I have to say that Gozlemecim was the best I've had. Huge portions, great prices and unbeatable variety (over 500 options!) If I had more time in Izmir, I would definitely come back (and may still try and squeeze one more visit in).

Cim, the owner, spoke good English (and other languages) and was a pleasure to talk to.

Highly recommended.