“Luzury in Izmir” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Izmir

You added Hilton Izmir to your Saves list
Hilton Izmir
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankaya Mah. Gazi Osman Pasa Bulv. No:7 Konak, Izmir 35210, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Izmir
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
“Luzury in Izmir”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

On my trip through Turkey , I managed to book 2 nights a few months in advance at the Hilton Izmir on a promotion for an amazing price (40% off!), and with my gold status was upgraded to the executive floor. I was in heaven!. The view alone from the room was worth the price. (you must get a room that faces the water, the sunsets were amazing). The staff were true ambassadors of the brand, and was treated with respect and courtesy. I understand that some of the rooms may need remodeling, but where I was the room was tastefully decorated, the bed was comfortable and clean. The executive lounge was a much appreciated treat - with pop/water/esspresso/drinks throughout the day, with breakfast and nighttime appies. the location was central, a short walk to the water, and to bazar. If you can get in at a good price I would recomend something above the basic rooms

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Jenburford,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your constructive review.

You may be pleased to learn that the hotel renovation programme will begin in 2013 including our guest rooms and we hope that the outcome might be more in keeping with your expectations.

I was delighted to read your comments and to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hilton Izmir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
cyrus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went there on my way to Cesme for one night and it was ok. The reception was helpfull but one belboy helped me to carry my luggage or show my room, i had to find the room and using the facilies on my own in the room, The room service was good and not really expensive i wanted to use their wi -fi but they charge 15 euro per day which is crazy expensive when you think it is free in all hotels inb Turkey, The roof top bar has an amazing bar but no people in it,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Bangay,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.
I was also glad to learn that our hotel facilities and service met with your expectations.

Modiin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel rooms start from the 10th floor. I was on the 14th and the view of the Izmir bay was wonderful.
Ample room and good service. The hotel seems a little bit worn out, like they should be thinking on replacing the carpets and renewing furniture.
The breakfast was good, with many vegan options. Room service was also good, they gollowed my instructions exactly so I was able to have a good vegan dinner. Somethin not easy in many hotels.
The location is close to major interest points in the city. You can walk to the bazaar or the fairy grounds or the sea side in just minutes.

• Stayed November 2012
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Avargasil,

You may be pleased to learn that the hotel renovation programme will begin in 2013 and we hope that the outcome might be more in keeping with your expectations.

I was also pleased to read that our service was able to meet your requirements and gladly shared your very positive remarks with them.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm usually strictly loyal to Starwood, but they don't have any properties in Izmer. The rate was good, and they boasted having a great gym, so I gave it a try. In typical Hilton fashion, they were trying to upsize me within the first thirty seconds of check-in.

The extra $50 they wanted was worth it, in that we got internet (we needed it that day), club lounge access with a decent breakfast buffet, and amazing views from the 25th floor.

The gym was in fact much better than most hotels; it seemed to be a local fitness center, with swimming lessons in the pool and classes scheduled. There's a nice bar with killer views on the top floor. Great central location. My quips are the just adequate bed with one lousy pillow, the most basic bathrooms, and the upgrade of a room being comparable to any 3 or 4 star standard business hotel in the US.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kyle 34,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us while in Izmir as well as for your kind review.

We were delighted to learn that you were satisfied with your stay, especially with our Executive Lounge services, Health Club and Windows on the Bay Bar.

Hurst Green, Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

compared to the other hotels I have visited this was a little disappointing. It was expensive for what it was because my room was good size and well appinted but the attention to detail was nothing compared to other hotels in Turkey that i have stayed in. I was fortunate enough to be in in an Executive room for a small price increase but the only benefit really was free wifi. I just felt in my two night stay that little was done to replenish the bathroom of soap etc that I had used, and the bed was hardly well made. Not being fussy but I have had and I expected a lot better.

That said the bar, restaurant and views on the top floor are excellent. Just a shame they let themselves down on the simple bedroom things.

Room Tip: Ask for an Exec upgrade with sea views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chris G,

Thank you very much indeed for staying with us and also for your constructive comments. We shall gladly use the opportunity which you have kindly provided to review and improve our services.

Should you be returning to Izmir, I would be grateful if you would consider staying with us again and appreciate the opportunity to personally make all of the arrangements for your stay.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit and I look forward to welcoming back you soon.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

had the best stay here ever. 1st time staying at the hilton izmir stayed in many others and this was just the best everything was good from check in to check out,,room , food ,spa all good.
will be back

Room Tip: high floors have great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Peterfrank,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

Thank you once again for sharing your gracious comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After searching for a while, we decided on the Hilton. We got an ocean-view room on the 17th floor (versus city-view room), and it was worth the upgrade. A beautiful view of the harbor and the distant hills! The room is decent sized with typical Hilton amenities and very clean. The hotel is a couple of blocks from the water front promenade where the restaurants and bars are. We ate at a hotel recommended restaurant and it was excellent. The hotel has a club lounge with free drinks and snacks available to members. Wine, beer, hard liquor, hot snacks and sweets are available. Food and drinks are substantial enough that we skipped dinner one night after snacking. The breakfast on the 9th floor is excellent with a mix of western and Turkish food. We took a private day long tour to Ephesus and it was worth it. Our guide said the Hilton is the best hotel in Izmir.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Drssyoon,

Hilton Izmir

Been to Hilton Izmir? Share your experiences!