“Istanbul then Ephesus” 4 of 5 stars

Orlando, Florida
27 attraction reviews
“Istanbul then Ephesus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Because our trip to Israel was cancelled last minute I jumped on the Internet in search of a tour as we were rerouted to Istanbul. We had already booked a tour with Ephesus Deluxe for our time in Ephesus. The office got right back to me offering us a 2 day package at a discounted rate which they did not have to do. Payment wasn't until the end of the 2nd day which I loved.

Istanbul - The Istanbul guide was knowledgeable and informative getting us to all the major attractions including the obligatory carpet factory. I'm forever grateful to Ephesus Deluxe for accommodating us last minute.

Ephesus - We met up with Canan, our guide for this day in port. Her love of country and job was evident as we moved along to the Virgin Mary's house, Terrace Houses, temples and libraries that date back thousands of years.

Once again, Ephesus Deluxe did an incredible job for us with our tours.

Houston
25 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour and guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our guide was there on time(we were early), took time to ask us how much or little history we wanted with our day tour of Ephesus. We has the van to ourselves. Only ones at House of Virgin Mary before all the tours from our ship arrived as we left. Of course we had the stop at the rug factory, but they gave us a wonderful lunch which is included in the tour price. They did try and sell us a rug, but it was not a hard sell, and we politely refused. Our guide did tell us we could skip the rug factory, but we knew what to expect in Turkey.
Excellent and comprehensive tour of the ruins and terrace houses(not to miss!).
Great tour operator, one of the best ever!

Skegness, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“it was 5 star until we got to the hard sell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our guide met us on time and was excellent in every respect throughout the entire Ephesus visit, which is what we had paid her to do. When we returmed to the transport for the trip back to the port she tried very hard to convince us that we wanted to go to the rug, silks and ceramics outlets and she would not take no for an answer. I do not blame her for trying but a refusal should have been enough. After that she did not speak to us except to take our money and our tip.

Sydney
6 attraction reviews
“Ephesus One day Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I booked the one day tour of Ephesus with Ephesus Deluxe for $70 each. It did not start out well with our guide being 30 minutes late. Fortunately, a very nice local saw us standing there looking lost and asked us who we were waiting for and called them for us and let us know they would be there shortly. The place was nice and worth a visit but our guide had very poor english at best and after a while we just gave up trying to understand him. I think we missed a lot because of that. The other problem I have with them is that for lunch we stopped at a place and ate. Afterwards we had to leave via a maze of a very large jewelry store and then a carpet shop to be given the hard sell to get back to our van. The lunch was probably given to the tour companies free to get people to there shops. We wasted thirty minutes there. If you are going to us this company make sure the guide you are given speaks english well and tell them to dispense with the jewelry and rug shops. Sorry I can't remember the guides name.

Visited October 2012
Pensacola, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“Our best tour guide ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had five different tour guides during our trip to Turkey. "Matt" the tour guide from ephesus deluxe was the best tour guide of the five. He was extremely knowledgeable. He was also very patient each time I felt like I needed to stop for yet another photo and we never felt rushed. The cost of the tour was very reasonable. I had no problems organizing the tour over the internet. I would highly recommend Ephesus deluxe and if I am ever in this part of the world again, I would book future tours with them.

Visited October 2012