“One of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orty Airport Hotel

You added Orty Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Orty Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Izmir Adnan Menderes HavalimanI Girisi, Gaziemir, Izmir, Turkey   |
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Izmir
London, United Kingdom
“One of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I guess my title kind of sums this place, it's uber new, uber swish andd uber clean. Everything works the way you'd want it to work if you're dog tired from a long flight and the staff are polite, pleasant and helpful. You can walk there from the airport if you have just hand luggage or a backpack if contacting the hotel from the airport is a bit of kefuffle as it was for me.

Breakfast was varied and very filling, my only gripe would be that the air conditioning didn't work that well so I had to open the window to let some fresh air in before I went to bed. Despite that, I still got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night in this hotel, arriving from an Athens flight in the evening, we walked from the airport to the hotel. The staff was friendly, the hotel clean and welcoming. Our room was very nice, and quiet. In the morning we had the breakfast and it was amazing, by far one of the best breakfasts we've had in our travels. There was a wide variety of breads, fruit, cheeses, olives, and there was a chef onsite to make you your own omelets. We wouldn't hesitate in the future to stay at this hotel in our travels to Turkey!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Orty Airport Hotel is very conveniently situated with a shuttle from the terminal, which is very close to the hotel. The service was excellent and the room I stayed in large and tastefully decorated. I had booked a room only for my arrival in Izmir because my plane was landing at 1.30 at night, but I enjoyed my stay so much that I also booked a room for the night before my return. At that occasion I had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, which was, however, a bit disappointing, not because of the food, but because the restaurant only was the rather tastelessly decorated breakfast room, which looked more like a canteen than a restaurant. The breakfast next morning, however, was one of the most lavish ones I have seen at any Turkish hotel. I noticed, hoverer, that there is a nice garden outside the restaurant, where it could be nice t have dinner when the weather is warm enough. Hghoy recommendable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We picked this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. We only had one night in Izmir and our flight landed quite late. We were apprehensive because it didn't haven't the best reviews and, in our experience, airport hotels are never that great. However , our concerns were misguided. The room was large with nice modern decor, the bed was large and comfortable, everything was spotless and the bathroom was great - nice, big, spacious shower. It is a bit noisy because the hotel is right on the road but the hotel is easily accessible from the airport (don't get a taxi - walk or ring for a shuttle - it is very close) and the service that we received was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Izmir.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Best staff ever! Convenient location. Highly recommended. The food is excellent. The service was superb. I will stay here when I return. I cannot praise the staff enough. There's a shuttle on demand. The rooms are large and comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The location is great for those who just need a night in Izmir to change flights etc. Its right at the airport. There are shuttle services to/from the airport. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable, well furnished, efficient front desk staff. The breakfast was poor as compared to the rest of our stay, many bowls were empty and the restaurant staff did not seem to care enough to refill the same. Overall a good choice and worth the extra bucks for a quick stopover at Izmir airport. The wifi was working.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Its an expensive place, but i guess there is no other option close by. Its walkable distance from the airport and hence we had booked this place. Rooms have modern decor and are good, with no noise from the airport. However, the breakfast was a big let down. Omlette counter was never manned. Milk flask was never refilled, some of the items were not refilled in the 45 minutes that we took to complete our meal. They have a free pick up and drop from/to to the airport, which we used for getting dropped at the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Orty Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!