“Resonable price and wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1367 Sok. No:9 Cankaya, Izmir 35210, Turkey   |
Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Izmir
“Resonable price and wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed over the weekend and really liked the location because it is a few minutes walk from the pier and the clock tower. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast was copious. The room and bathroom were very clean however room 310 is facing some shops and it can be quite noisy in the morning. The area is safer than I thought. Based on previous comments, I thought as a female solo traveller I would be hassled but I was fine. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Tripadvisor. I am excited to read that you loved the hotel. I have passed your valued comments to all the team who do appreciate it and I hope that you will visit us once again in the not too distant future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Zeliha OĞLAKCIOĞLU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
nz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was a fantastic hotel with brilliant service. Great breakfast, good location close to markets. We had a really nice spacious room, I really like the all the art around too. Very clean. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We are happy to see that you are satisfied with our hotel and our service and would like to thank you for your most valuable comments. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

located right at the city center, close to the transport company, can easily book the bus ticket to all neighbouring cities like selcuk and pammukale...hotel very close to the some nice restaurants too, good when you travel back from 3~4 hours bus trip and wanna grab something nearby the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear you our hotel a “Best value, good location and very convenient”.

We look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Zeliha Oğlakcıoğlu
Guest Relations Manager
Capel, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

After a few weeks on the road, we decided to go a little more up market than normal and we weren't disappointed with the Park Hotel in Izmir. Very clean, a wonderfully quiet room, excellent and good value meals in their restaurant and the complimentary breakfast was very good. All this for maybe A$10 more per night than our normal budget allowed!
Just one issue: don't bother looking for 'Oglakcioglu' in the hotel name out in the street - they advertise themselves just as the Park Hotel. And don't confuse this hotel with the Park City Hotel just around the corner.

Room Tip: The Park Hotel is located in a busy part of Izmir so an internal room with no external views should...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us. The best way to start the day is indeed with a good breakfast and I am pleased you thought it was very good. I have passed your valued comments to all the team who do appreciate it and I do hope that you will visit us once again in the not too distant future.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is one of those hotels where you wonder how they ever got those high trip-advisor ratings. Without wishing to speculate how they are able to work those ratings, I am here sharing some of my real experiences. The hotel hovers between a 2 and 3 star and the friendly staff tipped it to the three. Basically you should not expect much, just a very simple hotel, and less comfortable than home. I had a room where on the first day I could not sleep because the people in the lobby made noise and I could hear it into my bedroom. The second day I somehow smelled smoke although that should have been impossible. The next morning I found out that someone had probably opened my window during the day (but kept the curtain closed), so that I had smell from outside without me realizing. The TV proved next to impossible to operate, unless you would read Turkish of course; for me and my simple brain however it was simply too complex. Then, the air-conditioning did not work, and no matter how I tried to switch it on, it invariably turned off after three minutes. The bathroom is tiny. One light in the bathroom was broken and the lights in the bedroom did not switch on for the next day. The rest of the room is also not great. And so on, so I will stop whining. Then why did I chose this in the first place? Well at about 45 Euro per night compounded with a 4.5 rating I thought this was a great deal. It proved cheap, indeed, but after two nights I had more than enough and called it quits (although originally booked for four). If you are on a budget, this might all be OK. But if you need to do normal work and not be distracted by everything that does not work this is probably not your favorite place, to put it mildly. So, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is, and indeed it was. I should have known better and will not be back.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center nor pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

There are very friendly staffs. Location is very convenient for railway station but neighborhood is little bit dangerous. The room I stayed in, no 309, was very good, the bathroom fairly big but the shower a bit small.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We are happy to see that you are satisfied with our hotel and our service. Thank you for your most valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Marlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel is located in the Basmane area of Izmir, so is very convenient for Basmane railway station - made it very easy to organise a day trip to Ephesus. Although the immediate area around the hotel is a bit scruffy, the hotel itself is great with comfortable rooms and a sizeable public area available for guests to use at any time. Free tea, coffee, hot chocolate 24 hours a day and free wifi was very useful. The staff are very welcoming and helped us by checking ferry services and connections online. Good breakfast with lots of choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OGLAKCIOGLUPARKHOTEL, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. I hope we will welcome you here at Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel on your future trips to Izmir. We are waiting for your second stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Zeliha OĞLAKCIOĞLU

Been to Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!