“a disaster.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Xanadu Snow White

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Erzurum
Xanadu Snow White
You added Xanadu Snow White to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Palandoken Kayak Merkezi, Erzurum, Turkey   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Erzurum
Certificate of Excellence 2014
pesaro
“a disaster.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

in the middle of nowhere is the Xanadu Hotel, with bad decorations, employees that don't speak a work of english, service a disaster at any level, they all need to go to a good Hotel and Catering College.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My trip to Erzurum was for business issues in May, therefore I can not comment about its winter sports quality. However, this is a new hotel and rooms are great. I had a city view room which, I believe, is the best in town. Breakfast was also full of choices and the burger I had in the night was tasty. My friend had an issue in his bathroom and service staff responded quickly. I would definitely choose this hotel the next time I travel to Erzurum.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kars, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I guess that most of customers of hotels with five stars uses smart phones,tablet PC or new generation laptops which are do not exist ethernet cable connection...
However Xanadu Snow White Erzurum Hotel still advise to their customer that they can use internet with ethernet cable in rooms !
Unfortunetely if someone would said me that there is no wi-fi in rooms of Xanadu Snow White Erzurum, i would laughed to that person ...
Although what Xanadu Snow White is look like with five stars , it's been finished for me !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Washington D.C., USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to Xanadu Snow White with a group of friends in January and I must say, I was quite impressed. I normally think of ski resorts as a bit run down, but Xanadu was new, clean, and efficient, with comfortable rooms. The communal areas were pleasant with all new furnishings and the service was excellent. All of the staff spoke english and were more than willing to assist with anything needed. There were two ski slopes; one was for beginners and the other was a bit more advanced, but I had no issue. There was also a trail for toboggans, which you can rent, and we had a good time sledding at night. All in all, I thought Xanadu was fabulous and I would definitely stay there again. The price was quite reasonable as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Such a disappointing experience from a new hotel, certainly not what I would expect from a five star hotel.

Service is terrible, employees are not pleasant, helpful or most importantly, knowledgable about their own hotel. It seemed to me the answer I got from the staff depended on whom I asked the question or what time I asked it (for example, one receptionist said car service to the airport was EUR 30, and another said EUR 50). I can list many such examples.. Smoking allowed in non-smoking rooms, very average food, room cleaning not up to standards.. Rooms do not have individual heat/ac control, so they get extremely hot. The response I received from the reception was that I should open my windows to cool the room (note: temperatures go down to negative 30 around here!)...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We really enjojed 4 days in Xanadu Snow White.....standarts of the hotel are well above than a normal mountain hotels. It has a special taste not over exaggurated service was excellant food were delicious ..more impressively Xanadu is the only hotel who kept ski slopes in a very good conditions in Erzurum for skiing.It means that they know how to maintain ski conditions.We almost felt at home.....Skiing under lightining in the evening was an experience that we will never forget.If one has to critisiza something I would say orginising activities in spa could have been better.Thank you Xanadu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three days at the end of December and beginning of January 2013. This is a lovely hotel with very spacious rooms. It is a relatively new hotel so everything is still very fresh.
We stayed in a standard room overlooking the city This consisted of a huge bed, settee, flat screen tv (but nothing to watch other than BBC world news if you only understand English) and coffee table, plenty of wardrobe space and safe. There is a mini bar which is quite expensive, but water is complimentary. The shower room is spacious with the usual toiletries and hairdryer
The only problem we found with our room was that it was far too hot, so hot in fact that we were glad to get home to have a decent sleep. The window does open which was a blessing and helped a little. The temperature was centrally controlled so there was nothing that could be done to cool the room down.
The lobby and around the bar areas, had plenty of seating which was great if you were meeting friends or if you were in a large group.There were a couple of shops selling ski equipment and another one selling snacks etc. Guest relations was also located in this area and they provided help on everything.
Our stay was on a full board basis which included, breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner. Meals were served in the main restaurant, buffet style. There was plenty of hot and cold choices. Sometimes we were served drinks very promptly and other times it took two or three attempts to get a drink, this may have been because the waiters didn't understand what we wanted. However on the whole the service was very good and the staff were very helpful. Drinks were not included. A large beer and a coke was 16TL.
The hotel has its own ski area and ski rentals which is located just off the reception area. The staff are extremely helpful and the equipment is all in good condition. You are not allowed to wear ski boots in the hotel so you are given a locker which is located just inside the ski room to store your boots and skis/snowboard. You also get a lift pass included if you stay in the hotel. The ski lift is located just outside the building, so this really is a ski in ski out property. The skiing may be a little limited depending on your level of ability but apparently there is a shuttle that is available from the hotel to other areas.
We were lucky enough to be at the hotel for New Year's Eve. The hotel put on a great show with a gala dinner, belly dancing, fireworks, ski show and much more. The hotel went to alot of trouble to ensure that all guests had a great evening and there was something for everyone. There was only another British family staying at the hotel whilst we were there but I am sure this will change in time.
As the ski area is quite small we found that three days was a perfect length of stay. As this is a full board property with lift pass included, we felt that it was excellent value. The only downside was that it takes such a long time to get here as we went from Heathrow to Erzurum via Istambul. We were colledted from the airport by the hotel and this journey took about 15 minutes. Nevertheless, we will certainly consider returning next year

Room Tip: 5570 near the lifts overlooking the town