Melrose House hotel is a family-owned property (a converted villa) on the ramshackle backstreets of Pamukkale.
1. Great value. By far the least expensive hotel we used in our stay in Turkey - although I expect Pamukkale has a number of reasonable cheap options. Melrose, however, offers good quality, clean accomodations, and:
2. Beautiful shaded patio courtyard - where they serve breakfast and you can enjoy a pretty high-quality home-cooked meal after your time at the travertines.
3. Shuttle drop-off service to the gates of Hierapolis / Pamukkale site. Very helpful - although be prepared for a 10+ minute walk back from the bottom of the hill (exit site) to the hotel. The hotel is located on the back-streets - so get your bearings or take a map. Some might find the walk appears 'unsafe' - but I think the neighborhood is not ritzy but safe enough.
1. Our bathroom had a cracked toilet lid. A small flaw - otherwise the room was reasonable for a three-star accommodation - not much counter-space.
2. The hotel only takes CASH as payment (Euros or Lira) - which we didn't realize till checkout. Fortunately we had barely enough cash left-over to pay our bill! They stated this was clear on their website, but in booking on Expedia it didn't mention this important detail anywhere. Be aware so you're not left unable to pay.
Overall I would recommend this for an affordable basic but nice place to stay while visiting Pamukkale for a night. Just be aware of the cash policy, the back-street location, and the basic but clean standard of rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Melrose House Hotel, where a homely atmosphere is offered to our guests accompanied by the traditional Turkish hospitality.Designed and furnished to create your most pleasant stay, Melrose is a small and luxury Hotel which offers nicely decorated comfortable rooms and spacious Turkish cuisine to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Melrose House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melrose Allgau Pamukkale
- Hotel Melrose Allgau