“Closed for renovations without warning” 1 of 5 stars

Venus Hotel
Pamuk Mh. Hasan Tahsin Cd. No 16, Pamukkale, Turkey   |
Ranked #2 of 26 hotels in Pamukkale
New York City, New York
“Closed for renovations without warning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Reading the countless positive reviews of Venus Hotel, I was really looking forward to staying there last night (17 Jan 2013). But when I called them the day before to confirm my booking, they rudely told me that they were closed for renovations, and then hung up on me.

Venus Hotel said that they had already closed their account temporarily on Hostelworld.com, but they neglected to do it on Hostelbooking.com. This resulted in me booking a hotel that was not open in the first place. If I had not called them beforehand, I would have had an even worse surprise when I arrived to find that I had no place to stay.

Instead, I had to hastily cobble up an alternative an hour before taking the overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale. Lousy customer service. They should have been more polite, and helped to arrange an alternative since this incident is due to their oversight.

Future travellers, please note that they are closed until March 2013 for renovations, since they have not bothered to make it known to all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

623 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 2 days.

it was so cold and we caught a very bad cold. even I lost my cell phone in Istanbul airport where we had been. that day was the worst day of our trip. we were so tired and exhausted. we needed some emotional help to feel better and to change all this bad situation.

when we arrived the hotel, we explained whole situation which we faced. and fortunately, venus hotel helped! they provided warm, cozy room where we could get better. moreover they called the airport to find my cell phone. the most impressive thing was they kept talking to us to feel better. for example 'everything will be fine, don't worry, etc.' it reminded me of my lovely friends and family.

I recommend the venus hotel if you want to experience the real Turkish kindness.
(And the cost is reasonable.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This family-operated hotel took very good care of me when I stayed here for two nights in late-2012. I had booked the Venus Hotel online and got a good price. Payment was made in cash, but I knew in advance that was required.

These folks are very hospitable, and you almost feel like you are part of the family while you're there. I watched TV with them both evenings I was there. The atmosphere is friendly, casual and comfortable. The street on which the Venus Hotel is situated is relatively quiet, and it is in an area that is residential but also has some other small, family-operated hotels catering to tourists. I felt completely safe in this place.

There are other small hotels in Pamukkale that are slightly closer to the Travertine Terraces and the ruins of Hieropolis, but really this hotel is also very convenient, in my opinion. It is only a half-block walk to the place where the local bus will pick you up, and that bus will take you to the north entrance of the Hieropolis complex. It is advisable to work your way from north to south in the Hieropolis ruins, and then you can more conveniently spend time at the Travertine Terraces, taking off your shoes and wading in if you wish (or not). Exiting the park area at the south entrance nearby the Terraces, I had a taxi take me down the hill and back into Pamukkale town, dropping me off at the hotel. You will also see many tour buses parked at the south entrance.

I had the hotel arrange a tour van to take me to Aphrodisias and back on my second day, after requesting the arrangement the day of my arrival. That was a very enjoyable trip; one that I highly recommend. If you go to Aphrodisias, then it makes sense to stay two nights in this region. Otherwise, if all you decide to do is to see Hieropolis and the Travertine Terraces, then one night in Pamukkale should be sufficient. The Venus Hotel is happy to make these tour reservations for you. You just have to inquire.

It is less than thirty minutes by bus from the larger city of Denizli to Pamukkale. The airport is actually over at Çardak, and the travel time from the airport to Pamukkale town is less than 45 minutes, if you pay to go directly by taxi. In my case, I went the less expensive route of taking an airport bus to Denizli, where they put me on a van for the short ride to Pamukkale.

My room at the Venus Hotel was clean and comfortable. It was a small, single room, but I had everything I needed. The bathroom was good, and there was plenty of hot water for the shower. The wi-fi worked fairly well, although not outstanding.

I used the laundry service at the hotel, and it was a good service. The quality of the food in their restaurant was good, even if the menu is somewhat limited. The breakfast is also a little limited, but I had enough to eat each morning. I enjoyed both of my evening dinners at the Venus Hotel. They take pride in their restaurant and in the hotel in general, and it shows. The Venus Hotel property is well maintained, clean and has a charming affect. It is a restful place.

The hotel owner took me in his own car after check-out on my departure day to meet the bus that took me to Denizli, where I later caught the train to Selçuk, so that I could see Ephesus.

In summary, this part of Turkey has some good things to see and do. Life moves at a slower pace, and I was glad to spend some time here. The Venus Hotel was a very good place for me to stay while I visited this part of Anatolia. I recommend you give them a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a really nice hotel, excellent rooms and nice breakfast. We stayed for two nights, on our arrival by bus from Denlisi we were trying to walk to it from the town centre and were a little lost when it happened that the owner drove past and gave us a lift to the hotel! I doubt this is standard but he also dropped us back over to the town centre when we left.
The rooms are really nice and clean, comfy bed and nice shower. Will definitely stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marbleton, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We found nothing negative to say about this fine place. Our room was very clean, well equipped with a state of art tv, wifi internet, a good bed, heating and a good size bathroom; also we noticed the decoration effort both charming and cozy. Complimentary breakfeast was excellent. In the evening we followed the advice of the owner and had our meal on the premise, which is rare for us to do so. We had the best lamb kebab of our 3 week plus stay, up to now, in Turkey! Even the local red wine was recommandable! The lobby is very inviting with beautiful turkish lamps, lavish suspended and floor rugs and an array of beautiful cushions. The personnel was both friendly and very professional. What more can you ask from a hotel with an offseason budget price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

It is the best hotel I have ever lived in. The price is very reasonable( nay be it was in lie season). Our room is a doubled- bed room which is newly furnished at the top. All the facilities are in a very good condition. The boss is really helpful and he was willing to drive us to the bus station in the early morning.

• Stayed December 2012
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here with my partner Very good management, lovely staff and clean place has a very nice location, recommended to everyone.If we ever come to Pamukkale next time we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Venus Hotel? Share your experiences!