“Nice people,place to sleep no more” 3 of 5 stars

Koray Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fevzi Cakmak Cad. No 27, Pamukkale 20280, Turkey   |
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Pamukkale
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Nice people,place to sleep no more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

I spend a day at the hotel ,they were very nice , i missed the breakfast time , when i woke up i found my breakfast prepared.there was a smell in the room i didn't like , but it is a cheap place to stay ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

staff very friendly. good attention, is a peaceful and quiet area. I liked much share with people, treat them like tea. They steel make renovation. everything is super handy at the hotel -enjoy free wifi all the time-

• Stayed January 2015
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

We arrived late and we're supposed to be be picked up by their shuttle. They did not arrive and when we called they said they didn't know what time we were coming. Instead we had to take (luckily) one of the last shuttles out of denizli to get to them. The rooms have recently been refurbished but the bed was horrible. The outside of the hotel seems to have been forgotten in the refurbishment. The breakfast was terrible, stale cheese and off veg. The manager/owner seemed more interested in pushing overpriced tours on everyone instead of fixing small issues that would help receive a higher rating.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Quiet and beautiful neighborhood, very friendly, kind and helpful staff. Nicely decorated and clean rooms and hotel.It is closed to center of Pamukkale. It has a nice pool in the courtyard.I highly recommend you this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
korayhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Koray Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
Hi Kaya :) Thanks for the review, We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the pool :) we currently have plans of adding a hot tub in the future. Hope to see you and your family soon.

Danny
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

After a long overnight bus trip from Cappadocia, I arrived in this hotel at around 6:00am. My hotel was book via a travel agent. My room was not ready and the front desk person requested for 5 minutes. I was given the key and as soon as I entered the room and there were some insects on the floor which were alive. The bathroom had no soap or towel. When i wanted to contact the front desk, the phone was not work and the room was very hot. Air-condition remote is there but it is not working either. I managed to use my own towel and soap. . Decided to go for breakfast at 7:45 and there was nothing except for tea, some bread and boiled egg, cheese where I could see flies sitting on them. Came back to my room to rest wanted to just sit on the bed, the bedsheets were dirty and all I could see some dead insects on the floor. Packed my bag and went to the front desk for my tour guide to pick me up at 9:30.
This place was a pit stop for me to freshen up before going for Pamukkale tour. I would never go there again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

Let me start with the good things that can be said about the Koray Hotel. It has been renovated so many earlier complaints about the rooms can be ignored. That said it remains a basic hotel - you get what you pay for. It has a nice pool in the courtyard.

Now to the bad things. The rough guide says it has a restaurant. That is no more. Getting coffee at breakfast is a chore. The wifi is unreliable.

But it is the management of this hotel about which you need to be concerned.

Firstly they dont seem very concerned about their guests. They sit around the pool with their mates all day doing their best to ignore their guests.

The only exception to this is when it appears you might want help going somewhere- then they spring into action - to sell you the most expensive thing they can think of!

Here is my experience. I wanted to go to Aphrodisias. All the guides said it was best to get on a minibus. So first night i asked about this and was told there was no minibus. The only thing i could do was take a cab for 150 TL. wonder how much his cut would be?

Next morning another member of staff inquired about my plans. I told him what i had been told and he said i didn't have to take a cab but he could sell me a guided tour. I said i didn't want a guided tour. In the end he said he couldn't tell me anything until the afternoon.

I decided to make my own inquiries. After getting a couple of knock backs from tour companies on the Main Street i found a place which said it went to Aphrodisias every day. Unfortunately when i first looked in the door the only person there was a10 year old kid playing a game on the computer. But i went back. Lo and behold. They could take me to Aphrodisias for 30TL. I told them my hotel and they said they couldn't pick me up there and asked me to walk to their office. I agreed. This was only a couple of hours after being told i would have to wait until late in the afternoon to be told what was available

Next morning i get on the bus and they drive, amongst other hotels, to my hotel and pick up a guide and 2 people!

Seems to me that the management of this hotel is a bunch of shysters or rip off merchants who are only interested in finding ways to put people on expensive tours so they can get their cut. No wonder the bus company didn't want to pick me up there. Probably worried they would be asked for a commission!

You might say they were wanting to see if there were enough people going - the bus guy insisted he went everyday. As he said on the slow days he gets everyone who is going.

So stay at this hotel at your own risk and don't expect much service unless you after an expensive tour.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Orangeville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The room was well-kept and lovely, but the staff was disorganised and apathetic. We arrived late in the day and the room was not ready, so we waited and later were told it would be ready in half an hour. Two hours later it was still not ready. No soap and only half a roll of toilet paper.

Small things but for those who notice, worth mentioning.

Aside from this, breakfast was good and the facility was lovely and easy to find. Worth staying at.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Ryan :) Thanks for the review and we are glad you were happy with the room, However we apologise the wait was so long and will do our best to ensure this doesnt happen in the future.

Danny

Been to Koray Hotel? Share your experiences!