We stayed at Meleklerevi for two nights and had an excellent time. As other reviewers have mentioned it is breathtaking to stay in a cave hotel room that is both charmingly quaint as well as surprisingly modern. The owners were friendly and helpful and breakfast was outstanding. The only minor issues were the following:
1. We stayed in the Hayat room and it felt constantly damp. The heaters weren't working so the room was a bit cold and uncomfortable in the evenings.
2. The room we were in was on the ground level with its only window facing the courtyard area. It wasn't possible to keep with window open while keeping the curtains drawn so it was annoying to constantly make sure that we had privacy when changing or going to sleep while also trying to get some fresh air to remove the dampness that permeated the room (especially after showers).
3. We were given a key to the room but were asked to leave the key with the management before leaving for the day. In addition we were not given a key to the main entrance. So if we were late coming back to the hotel we had to wake up someone in management to come open the door for us.
Despite these minor grievances, we had a good time in this hotel and we would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the first beating of Angel Wings...The first time we saw this land of beautiful horses, Cappadocia, and its magical fairy chimneys, we knew we had to leave our own mark on this land that has been home to different civilizations for centuries. In Cappadocia nothing is as it seems. We lived this with each throw of the axe and with each stone that we lifted from the soil. As we removed hundreds of cubic meters of dirt from the garden and from the top of the main building, we discovered the remainders of centuries past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Meleklerevi Cave Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meleklerevi Cave Hotel Cappadocia/Urgup, Turkey