In 45 years of traveling around the globe, from the Far East to Europe, there have been three memorable hotels/inns we have stayed in that stand above all others by a huge margin -- one in Germany, one in Japan, and now this one in Cappadocia. As an aside, Cappadocia is absolutely a "must see" destination -- and Assiana House is the "must stay" inn when you are there.
Assiana House is located on the edge of Urgup -- a perfect place away from the masses of tourists (who frequently go to Goerme), and only short walk into town. The Inn has five wonderful "cave rooms," beautifully furnished, with modern bathrooms, fireplaces in some of the rooms, crisp linens and towels, TV, wireless, and sitting places just outside the doors. But what sets Assiana House apart is the friendly owner/operator, Melvut, and his wife. Arriving late in the evening he took us in his car to a restaurant (Somine) in the center of town where we had an absolutely amazing meal in a 5-star atmosphere at a budget price -- and then he picked us up again. The breakfasts at Assiana House were best of anyplace we stayed in Turkey -- with great variety and home-cooked breads and egg dishes (we even coaxed the recipes from them). And when we left Melvut took us to the bus station, made sure they knew where we were going. He was the perfect host in every regard.
The Assiana House website is totally accurate -- the descriptions and pictures reflected exactly what we found. There are many places to stay in Goerme and Urgup to be sure, and I am sure many are nice. But we prefer the smaller inns where we can get to know the owners and learn more about the culture through them. The Assiana House was the perfect setting. But Melvut, his wife, and the Assiana House get our highest recommendations -- you will NOT be disappointed I assure you. Staying in a cave inn was an amazing experience, one that a famous magazine once said was one of 100 things you should do before you die.
If you have questions feel free to contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Assiana House is a cave hotel located in the old part of Urgup (Esbelli district), and has 5 rooms with ensuite bathrooms and beautiful decoration. This family run small hotel of Cappadocia makes your stay a memorable and unforgettable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Assiana House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Assiana House Hotel Urgup
- Assiana Hotel Urgup
- Assiana House Cappadocia/Urgup, Turkey