This is a nice little spot on the hill in Urgup. My room was large as was my bathroom. Everything was clean and well-maintained. There were no English channels that I could find on the television. The wifi signal is strong in the communal areas, but not always in the rooms given the stone and rock. Always had hot water, which apparently not all hotels in the region do. Was also happy to have a bathtub. About a 10 minute walk from the town's centre.
The breakfast spreads are delicious and typically Turkish, and there is something a little different each morning. Having dinner at the hotel is also very affordable. It's also delicious and you feel like you are guests in someone's home rather than a hotel. Being as there are not very many rooms, you also have the opportunity to easily speak to other travellers.
The proprietors are warm and helpful. The tour companies they have connections with are good. The tours I went on arranged by them were reasonably priced, small in tourist number (~15 people) and didn't spend much time at the obligatory sales stop (carpets, pottery, etc).
Everyone who works at Assiana House is very warm and welcoming and makes you feel taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Assiana House is a cave hotel located in the old part of Urgup (Esbelli district), and has 5 rooms with ensuite bathrooms and beautiful decoration. This family run small hotel of Cappadocia makes your stay a memorable and unforgettable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Assiana House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Assiana House Hotel Urgup
- Assiana Hotel Urgup
- Assiana House Cappadocia/Urgup, Turkey