The Elkep Evi Cave Hotel is truly an underrated jewel. It's likely overlooked by Cappadocia's more touristy and accessible hotels, and for this, we were thankful. When my friend and I arrived for our five-day visit, we knew instantly that we had tumbled onto something special. Our room, a simple, spacious "sleepy hollow", is just what the doctor ordered: subtle but effective decor, warm turkish patterns, plush cushions on the terrace to enjoy your locally-made wine (a stone's throw from the hotel), and an absolutely gorgeous view. The staff in their own right could make any hotel feel welcoming; their early morning smiles and top-notch professionalism and knowledge of the area make your stay effortless and worry-free.
The stereo and variety of pre-made CD's were a definite touch, as was the terrace's splendid couches overlooking the gorgeous view. Laptops were provided on-site to access the Internet, and staff made easy access to local transporation, tours and sites. A hearty breakfast was always a treat, replete with omelettes and a wide array of fruits and spreads served with a gorgeous view on the hotel's rooftop terrace. Breathtaking! Communal courtyards with lounging chairs and swings made for a nice touch, and if you're craving a fire to cozy up to with friends both new and old, the staff have thought of this too. If you're feeling a little bit adventurous, one can venture onto the top of the hotel itself and take in a panaromic, 360 degree look of Urgup.
If you're a pillow-topped, soft-bed lover like me, you might struggle with the mattresses here. I found them quite hard and unforgiving. Folks who aren't fond of regular hikes into the downtown will be challenged as the hotel is a hearty hike away (about 20minutes or so). However, if you're like us, you'll begin looking forward to them as the deep descent into the village really opens you up to the local village life and its rusticity. Check in at the desk about a taxi, however, and you'll get where you need to go in a zip. You can have your choice between a jacuzzi or shower, but unfortunately, the jacuzzi's
In all, if you're going to hit the Cappadocia region in Turkey, then hands-down, this is the place to go. It's highly unlikely that this gem of a place will remain a secret for long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An excellent Cave hotel in urgups Cavern hill that offers a fabulous atmosphere and a perfectly exotic setting. The bonus here is larger and airier cave rooms, each with a private terrace carved into the nooks of the cliff, and gorgeous view over the cappadocian dreamscape. The wealth of architectural detail and invention draw one in. One ends up falling quite in love with this cave suites hotel. We also have new Hamam (turkish bath) Cave suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Elkep Evi Cave Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elkep Evi Cave Houses Hotel Urgup
- Elkep Evi Cave Hotel
- Elkep Evi Cave Urgup
- Elkep Evi Cave Houses Cappadocia/Urgup, Turkey