“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel Asia Minor was booked by our travel agent. Stayed there for a night. The room was amazing. Very comfortable and clean. The manager Mr Meyer is a down to earth type guy who always concerned about your comfort and convenience. Me and and my partner had a great time there. Will stay there again when I visit Cappadocia again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are a family of 4 from Paris, France. We enjoyed thoroughly our stay at the Hotel Asia Minor. The room was spacious and clean, tastefully decorated. The service was impeccable without being overwhelming. I am an international traveller and I have rarely been to such a welcoming place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

On a sudden whim we booked a weekend tour of Cappadocia, including a hot-air balloon flight, through a random agency in Istanbul. ( Turista ). We could not believe how absolutely perfect it turned out.. !
The cherry on the cake however was the Asia Minor Hotel. It had the quietly rich and opulent feel of an18th century aristocratic home coupled with modern facilities and excellent management.
The manager, Mr. Jean-Marc Meyer, was the ultimate expression of a gracious host, personally welcoming us in our native language ( Greek ) and tending to our every need with competence and genuine concern. The service made us feel like treasured guests.
The rooms were spacious, clean, quiet and with state-of-the-art mattresses ( believe me.. very important for a good night's sleep ). Lovely bathrooms combining distinctly modern appearance with a romantic cave ambiance.
Great location.. very close to the center of the town.
I can't think of anything more that I would require of a Hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked my turkey tour through Castle Travels ( mr. Vedat) online from India. When they recommended me this hotel, initially I wasn't too sure and asked for more options as it seemed like a small 3 star hotel on Internet and some other hotel websites were more impressive.
However mr. Vedat ( castle tours) personally vouched for this hotel and the reviews on trip advisor also helped me and my wife to confirm our booking to this property only.
We (myself, my wife and our 5 year old son), landed in Kayseri from Izmir ( we were coming after our vacation from kusadasi - Izmir ) and were picked by turista company's private luxurious van & transferred to the beautiful Capadocia town ( beautiful drive of approx 1 and half hours).
On our arrival ( late at night) we were greeted by mr. Numan ( manager of hotel Asia Minor) who explained to us the marvel of cave hotels ( some more than thousands of years old caves - now made hotels with al luxuries but with the natural caves and beauty maintained).
We were given the rom on the ground floor which is inside a cave, giving it a an antique look but with all luxuries like centrally heated, bath tub, one sitting room and a spacious bedroom. All this with beautiful interiors and natural caves making us feel living in an ancient palace.
We were welcomed at the breakfast table by mr. Jean- Marc Meyer ( general manager of this hotel) who I would rate as the most hospitable person I've come across. He ( a Frenchman settled in turkey ) and his wife manage this hotel and were perfect hosts during our stay with them for 3 days.
They and their staff ( Numan and fai) made us feel at home in their beautiful property. As we had booked all our sightseeing and balloon ride trips in advance, mr. Meyer and mr numan made sure that we were informed well in advance when will the tours pick us up and when will we be dropped back. They guided us to some good restaurants in Capadocia which were walking distance away from their hotel. We were asked about our preference of breakfast and they served whatever we asked for.
Two special mentions I would like to make of their service ( which I appreciate the most) were when they surprised my son ( and even us) with a beautiful birthday cake decorated with candles, when they came to know that it was his birthday that day and celebrated his bday with their staff clapping and singing when he cut the cake. The staff played with my son that day the whole day and made sure he still remembers that day so well.
The second gesture I appreciate about their service was when mr. Meyer especially went to market and brought fruits for my son - who one afternoon just mentioned that he wanted to have fruits. He served us these fruits with his compliments and I was surprised when he told me that he had heard my son asking for fruits when I was making some phone calls from his office.
All this service is unmatched from whatever places I've visited and I strongly recommend this hotel to all fellow travellers.
Thank you mr. Jean Marc Meyer and your team!

Room Tip: Stayed on ground floor cave room : and loved it
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Botucatu, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in the hotel Asia Minor in Capadocia and was a very good experience. It is a typical cave hotel, with few rooms, quiet, with an excellent staff. People like Nusman ( the front desk man ) and all the employes were very kind. All of this, under the eyes of the very competent manager M. Jean-Marc. Beeing a frequent traveller it is always a relief to find people like him, that you feel a very special guest. I recomend the hotel

Room Tip: All the rooms are big and confortable. Shower very good. Breakfast good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

After the horrible experience in the overnight bus from Istanbul to Urgup , we were exhausted and quite angry at the travel agency Turista for doing a lousy job, but then once we came to our hotel and heard mr.Jean -Marc Meyer we felt better. The room was spacious clean and just beautiful. mr. Meyer is very helpful and understanding, one cannot ask for anything more in a Martian looking town. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for one in this town

Room Tip: Just speak to Mr. Meyer, he will do everything in his power to give you the best experience possible...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Paltz, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were assigned this hotel after booking a two day tour of Cappadocia in Istanbul by the Turista agency - we were very happy with the hotel and the very warm and helpful staff. Our room was very spacious (a sitting room, one bedroom and two bathrooms) and was partially carved into the tufa rock that characterizes the entire region. We highly recommend this hotel. A visit to Cappadocia is truly a must.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Asia Minor Hotel? Share your experiences!