“Our favorite hotel in Turkey” 5 of 5 stars

Karlik Evi Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Yukari Mah., Uchisar 50240, Turkey   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Uchisar
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Our favorite hotel in Turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Fortunately, this was our last stop in Turkey or this delightful hotel would have spoiled all the rest for us. We were with a small group, and were able to see a half dozen of the rooms, all different, all charming. The public spaces were cozy and artfully decorated, the al fresco breakfasts were delicious, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the bathroom was luxurious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Since it is on a quiet street, even the street side rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at Karlik Evi Hotel and booked a room on the internet. Before I arrived, I was asked what color of bed covers I wuld like and what I would like to eat, which is unusual enough to be noted.

Then, when I arrived, I must admit I was not enthused by the decoration -I'm more into sleek designed boutique hotels, and this hotel is decorated with antiques. However, the friendliness of the service overcame this rather quickly. My room ("panoramic suite") had a nice view over Uchisar and the valley of Göreme. Unfortunately finishes were a bit worn out and so was the coating of the balcony. The wall painting looked a bit used and would have needed a refresh.

Breakfast served on the outside terrace was very nice with organic high quality produce, but the surface of the table looked a bit dirty in the sun.

In short, this is an interesting hotel from a number of aspects which are not normally found in other establishments, but some upgrading is needed to make it perfect.

Room Tip: In order to avoid disappointment, ask hotel for an accurante description of the room, since rooms ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was a dream come true. we checked in in one of their standard rooms, which no doubt was fantastic, the rooms had a personal touch of everything from walls, to the floor, ceiling. It was clean, a perfect getaway from the busy life and the city. quiet, suprisingly cool without AC. the immediately upgraded us to a honeymoon suite for free.

For all travellers who plan to Turkey this is a must stay hotel. Anyone looking for peace and tranquility will find it here. its a paradise and the staff are soo welcominh and humble, especially the chef, who everyday makes the delicious breakfast. I could eat that every single morning, mostly the duck ommlette.

Room Tip: any room is excellent
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Karlik Evi Boutique Hotel - My home in Cappadoccia
it's an amazing boutique hotel in the Cappadoccia region. First of all I saw the smiling faces from the hotel staff, the rooms are very clean, comfortable, large bath room with a lovely view to caves in Cappadoccia region. The restaurant service is good & foods are delicious, expecially the breakfast service. Always take my time to have red wine in the wonderful green garden with the classical turkish music. I am staying several times in a year in Karlik Evi Boutique Hotel & always discover new services in the hotel & will be always my home in Cappadoccia region.
Best regards
Umit Sepitci

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

From the time I arrived until the time I left the staff made me feel at home. The rooms have unique themes which makes for an even memorable stay. When the staff heard me talking to another guest about how much I wish I had an omelet for breakfast; the next day the chef came out with an omelet just for me. This was the best cheese, mushroom, and chicken omelet I've had in a long time. Not to mention that most of the food you'll eat while there is locally grown, and some comes from their farm. The staff is simply amazing!! The Pièce de résistance was that my room had a view of the vineyards and rolling green hills. I loved my beautiful blue room! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
westlake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

clean rooms plentyful food and varied, staff excellent, has grreat ambuance, best view, from the outside ,,,dont be fooled, gracious hostess, clean bathroom , rooms a bit older but its turkey get over it, just get up early have a coffee, then go on the balloon ride , if you dont, you loose, hate crowed spaces do not go down the caves.... bye

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

The service of the hotel was marvelous. Each room has a different decorated. Our room is very big. The hotel has a good location. Owner of the hotel was very helpful. I definetely recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to go to capadocia.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Karlik Evi Hotel? Share your experiences!