We arranged a private car pick-up through the hotel from Kayseri airport for €85 ($100) which is good value for an 80km transfer. At the end of our stay we took the shuttle bus from the Argos which was 40TL ($25) for the two of us. It takes about 30 minutes longer but you get a great tour on the way! Our only negative was the check-in procedure which was rushed and unwelcoming - unfortunately Merve who takes care of customer relations was otherwise engaged. Our suite was fabulous and that included the bathroom. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was excellent along with an impressive and affordable wine list. Breakfast was very good as long as you appreciate that not all the wait staff speak perfect English. The "must do" hot air balloon trip with Royal was arranged by the hotel - same price as booking direct. We went for one and half hours which takes you hovering just metres above the Uchisar hotels and the castle. Shorter trip drops you in the valley so glad we spent the extra. Another must do is the hotel tour with Merve - you'll appreciate just what a fantastic concept this place is. The wine cellar is absolutely superb! The walk to Goreme through Pigeon Valley is also excellent but easy to get lost at the start. Best to walk down the road past the Museum Hotel until you see the Pigeon Posts at the start of the path then go straight on, not up the slope on the right, and past the tea house. It's steep and slippy in places so wear good shoes - scenery outstanding. For an evening meal out go to Top Deck in Goreme - a real Turkish experience run by a delightful family but take a taxi as hard to find. Argos is amazing and our 3 nights here were just delightful. It's contemporary, interesting and unique.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting blend of two thousand years of history, passionate devotion to authenticity and traditions of hospitality along with design, the 53 room boutique hotel argos in Cappadocia must be experienced to be believed... Argos in Cappadocia includes an outstanding 80-seat indoor and outdoor Seki Restaurant-Lounge-Cellar serving local and regional dishes as well as international fare. The hotel's huge wine collection, housed in its own wine cellar underneath the restaurant showcases bottles from its own vineyards as well as other local selections... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Argos In Cappadocia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argos In Cappadocia Hotel Uchisar
- Argos In Cappadocia Turkey - Uchisar