My mom and I stayed here as part of a small 5 person tour group. We were here for 4 nights and feel the overall experience was disappointing. Supposedly this hotel is 4 stars, but it lacks the polish that a 4 star hotel should have.
As some other folks have pointed out, the beds are ROCK hard. It feels like a box spring, not a mattress. I am a consultant, so I travel consistently and have stayed in my fair share of beds, and this is one of the worst. If you have back problems, don't stay here. If you don't have back problems, be warned, if you are like me, you wake up stiff and in pain.
I would not recommend staying in rooms 3109, or 3108, ( from experience). There is no air circulation at all. In these rooms there was 1 window, no fans, and no a/c. They tried to tell us that the 'cave rooms' stay consistently cool. These rooms were Not the case. The room was ten degrees hotter consistently and did not cool down at night. Another couple traveling on the same tour, spending the same amount on the room had a significantly nicer room, that had a view and had an overheard fan, and a nice balcony. Additionally, our room was next to the garbage, so every night the garbage gets picked up very loudly. All these things makes it very hard to sleep.
In retrospect, my mom and I should have asked for a different room, but we didn't. I am certain that because we were two women, they put us there and hoped we didn't say anything. Unfortunately they were right.
So to sum it up, this resort was not a 4 star. Your money is better spent elsewhere.
***the hotel bar has a very nice view; the bar staff was nice, but slow. The dinner and breakfast service was also nice. The review above is primarily for the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Argos In Cappadocia Hotel
- Argos In Cappadocia Hotel Uchisar
- Argos In Cappadocia Turkey - Uchisar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are 53 rooms, suites and splendid suites, with the latter including private cave pools. The rooms are between 20 and 50 square meters in size, while the suites range from 40 to 120 square meters. Much of the landscaped area is planted with muscatel vineyards. Following two years of painstaking renovation, a pre-Christian structure that once served as a monastery is now being used as a concert and meeting space. Seki Restaurant-Lounge-Cellar is a must see in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Argos In Cappadocia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.