“Very nice place for very reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Star Cave Hotel
Issalli Mah. Issalli Sok. No 15, Goreme 50180, Turkey   |
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Goreme
Ankara, Turkey
“Very nice place for very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in Star Cave Hotel with two friends for three nights and we couldn’t have found a better place. The location is great, the place is clean with a nice terrace where we can rest and use the wi-fi in the evening. Every morning, we had a nice breakfast, we weren’t expecting so much for such a low price.
The staff was very nice and polite, no matter the gender of the customer. I would like to thank Muhammed in particular for always being so nice and helpful with us during our stay in Göreme. I heartly recommend this place to all visitors wishing to have a good time in Göreme.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Location was great. Breakfast was standard. Cleanliness was okay.

The male staff that was there for most of the time seem to be drooling over every single female traveller. MESSEGE TO YOU - just because a girl travels the world on her own doesn't meet she will be available to your approach. HAVE SOME RESPECT.

• Stayed October 2012
Ramazan E, Owner at Star Cave Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I'm really very sorry you had such an unpleasant experience at our hotel. This usually never happens here, as I won't tolerate staff hassling female travellers. However, Muhammed who works for me had to take a week's leave in October to see his family and we had a temporary replacement working here, I'm sure you must have come during that time. I know this is no excuse and I should have been around more during that time, but unfortunately I was busy with many things then and had no time to keep an eye on the temporary worker.

Please do accept my sincere apologies, I do not think that it's right to hassle single female travellers and I can assure you I'll do everything in my power to make sure such things will never happen again in my hotel.
Trabzon, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Star Cave hotel was the perfect place to stay during our visit to Cappadocia. We were fortunate enough to have a room on the top floor, which was extremely large with it's own private entrance and balcony. Views each morning of the hot air balloons were spectacular from our room! The room was tastefully decorated, extremely well lit and always the perfect temperature - we never wanted to leave! The bathroom was also roomy and it was nice to have a hot shower after cycling in from Kayseri. Staff including Ramazan were kind and helpful, especially when we needed internet to announce our engagement! We definitely recommend Star Cave hotel for all visitors, a stay of at least 2 nights is a minimum!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived on an overnight bus and were dead tired. The hotel picked us up from the bus station. Even thought it wasn't very far away, it saved us the uphill walk and trying to find the hotel going on little sleep. They let us check in early (9am) and let us have some breakfast even though we weren't supposed to. I was a little skeptical of staying in a cave but the soundproofing was great and there were no dirt issues. But what's up with posting a price of 1TL for water and then charging 1.5TL? When we pointed out the posted price, they said it was wrong but they didn't make any attempt to change it (it was on a white board).

PROS:
- Beautiful view of the caves and hot air balloons.
- Large bathroom
- VERY friendly and helpful staff (Ramazan and Jihan) who will help you with any excursions that you want to do (ex. hot air balloon, Turkish nights, green/red tour)
- Location was only a 5 min walk to the town

CONS:
- No wi-fi access in the room.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the lobby the more likely to get a wi-fi signal
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Look no further for a hidden gem in Göreme.

We did stay here in april 2010 and sep. 2012. This is not a luxery cave hotel. but this place have a lot of charm and cozyness. It feels like a home, where you right away get to know other people and the very kind manager Ramazan. Who is going to help you with everything.

really laid back feeling, with lots of oriental charm, and do spend a little more and stay at in the lovely cave rooms at the top of the pansion. WAUW......

The place is in the city of Göreme, but not on the mainstreet, wich means peace and quiet surroundings. It has wonderfull view over the red mountains and you can enjoy a lovely sunset from the terasse.

I would allways stay at Star Cave if I come back to Cappadocia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

A family with 2 kids stayed at this establishment for 3 nights. The service was exceptional. The room was awesome. My husband who is really fussy said it was the best accomodation we have stayed in during a month tour of Turkey. On departure we had to leave early the owner asked if we wanted some earlier breakfast. We where overcome with kindness as this feast was delivered to the courtyard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is wonderful. The host Ramazin is the most kindest helpful person.
We arrived at 6am after an overnight bus, there was availablity and he was at the bus station within minutes to pick us up.
We wanted the most basic cave room possible as we were on a very tight budget. After some fun conversation we were then upgraded to a nicer room for the same price!

I could go on for pages about this hotel. But to cut a long story short. Stay here!
My aunty and uncle were staying 12km from our hotel. Ramazin organised us to do the same tour the day we arrived. He managed to get their driver's phone number from their hotel. Then phoned him and arrange for them to be dropped off for us to met them. He picked my family with me in the van and raced us to the first stop in the tour, found our tour guide, introduced us and booked us a hot air balloon for the following morning. It was all very rushed and paniced as we only had a few days in Cappadocia.But Ramazin made it all so easy. He never faulted.

Once the tour was finished we walked back to our hotel. Ramazin wasn't there but his staff offered us wine while we waited for Ramazin to drop my aunty and uncle back at their hotel.
We never asked him to do this, he was overly helpful. But not too pushy either, it was all very comfortable.

As for our room! I was so excited to stay in a cave and it was more than I could wish for, hot showers, super clean, warm and only 5mins walk from the centre.

Oh, loved this place!

I hope you take my advice and give Star Cave Hotel a go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Star Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!