“Nomad Cave received me as a part of family.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nomad Cave Hotel

You added Nomad Cave Hotel to your Saves list
Nomad Cave Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Goreme Kasabasi Iceridere Sokak No:24, Goreme 50100, Turkey   |
Ranked #26 of 54 Hotels in Goreme
Curitiba, PR
“Nomad Cave received me as a part of family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is the second time i come to Turkey and stay in Nomad Cave. The first time was so great that i simply had to come back. The staff made me feel completely confortable and helped me with everything i needed. The location is perfect, the rooms are cozy and clean so as the toilets and all the rest. Brekfast is delicious and they arranged all the tours I wanted to make. The owner is always around and making sure that everything's allright with everyone. I will leave Goreme with tears in my eyes because everything was perfect. Thank you Apo and all the staff, for the amazing holiday (again!!) i will always come back and stay here. Monica - Brasil

• Stayed May 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at Nomad 2 nights about mid April 2013

The first day I arrived there was not very impressive as I did send email to notify the hostel that I'd arrive Gorome at 5.00 am and request for pick up but nobody was there and it was dark and cold. So I drag my luggage from bus station to Nomad myself. Somehows, nobody at hostel at all. I was waiting and waiting and nobody there :-( However, with the kindness of the manager at hotel besides Nomad, he made a phone call to Nomad staff that I was waiting there. So I could get inside the room at 8.00 am. But for this 3 hours waiting, I experienced the hospitality of people in Gorome town (but this is not relevant to Nomad)

Anyway the staffs at Nomad are quite friendly and helpful. Though some of them have mad face but when they smile, they look quite welcome and helpful.

I stayed at female dorm room. I was so surprise that bed was clean & comfortable but there was no heater inside. Somehow the young staff there brought the LED heater inside the room when I asked, Thanks you ! And it was very quite quiet at night, so I could have my good sleep.

There were 2 shared shower rooms and only one room was functional. I hope they would fix other 2 rooms in the future. But the wash basin area connected to the street. When you brush your teeth and clean fresh, there was no privacy :-/

The check out time is too early at 10.00 am and no allow for late check out. Somehows, since my bus leave Gorome about midnight, they let me put my luggage, charge my phone battery and use their wifi till the time left to bus station. Staffs were so friendly and I enjoyed to trade my small package of food I brought from Bangkok with them.

And a remark to the balloon pilot guy at Nomad if you did read my review. Thank you for you information balloon fly. Actually, I was not intend to take a balloon tour at all, but I bought it from Selcuk, because I wrongly paid my day trips in Euro money. And the travel agency owner was waiting for me to return my money. With his honest, I decided to pay his kindness back by buying the balloon tour. This might be silly way to return his kindness. But thanks for information, I would carry info to my friends if they plan a trip to Turkey

Thanks to everyone at Nomad

Room Tip: If you request for pick up, make sure if you send email and get them response before arrival
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a grat location for Goreme? My girlfriend, her brother, and I were there in December so it was cold at night. With the blankets and heater it wasn't bad, but showering wasn't much fun. It is right in the center of town with easy access to everything. The breakfast in the morning was good as well.

Room Tip: If you are there in the winter get a room with a heater.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here with two friends in late November.

The location of this hostel is great. Very central to the area and easy walking distance to restaurants. The staff is very nice and extremely helpful. The breakfast is also quite good.

I bet it's a nice place to stay during the spring/summertime. But for us, it was just an okay stay and we definitely wouldn't stay here in the winter again.

Reasons below:

NO HEAT. We stayed in an unheated 4-bed cave room when outside temperatures dropped to the high 30s in the evening. It might have been ten degrees warmer in the room with the door shut. Brrr!

If you stay in a dorm, the bathrooms are OUTSIDE. You will freeze your tail off trying to brush your teeth and wash your face at a sink in the courtyard. It was so painfully cold that we barely showered during our stay here (gross, I know, but we weren't exactly sweating much in this frigid weather).

The hot water, for the few times we used it, was NOT hot. Slightly above warm at best. In the cold with no other means of heating up, this was a definite minus.

Wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Not a big deal, since we did everything in our power to stay out of our freezing room as much as possible, but I think it's fair to warn others of this.

Unless you're looking to experience cave living a la Flinstones style (and even then they probably had at least a fire in their cave), skip this place during the winter months for one that has heat. Being constantly cold for 3 days is no picnic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is quite modest compared to the luxurious and spectacular hotel sin the Goreme. But the amazing service and vibe of the place makes up for all the flaws. the guys also gave us an amazing deal on the hot air balloon ride. The breakfast and free hot drinks are a treat too. Our triple had a window ledge directly onto the kitchen, so sitting there all day and night was a treat in the cappadocian landscape. 3 thumbs up

Room Tip: the privates are very nice. not as bad as the dorms as mentioned in the reviews here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Positives:

Really good location - Nomad Cave Hostel is walking distance from shops and restaurants. It's a short walk from where the bus drops you in Goreme.
Beds were quite comfortable.
Good breakfast in the morning, and free tea/nescafe throughout the day.
Big common area with tons of windows. I met a lot of other cool travelers here.
Helpful staff will give you advice on hiking, bike/atv rentals and tours.
Good value for the money, for sure.

Slight negatives:

No lockers in rooms. Would have liked to have a locker for valuables, but the small-town-ness of the place made me feel ok about stashing my laptop in my backpack for the duration (I didn't worry too much about it, and you shouldn't either).

Also, wifi does not work in the rooms. But what are you doing in your room when the common area is so much more fun, anyway?

If you stay in the large dorm rooms, access to the shared bathrooms requires a step outside, which can be a bit cold in the winter. For the rest of the year, no problem.

During my December visit, the water was never particularly hot in the shower - but it was warm. Again, not really a huge issue.

That said, if/when I make it back to Goreme, I'd be happy to stay here again. It does the trick for a very good price, and I wouldn't feel the need to shop around. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Locally run by a family. Are very easy going, flexible, and helpful for booking tours, hot air balloon rides, airport transportation, etc. Stayed in a dorm which is a cave-neat! Clean sheets and warm comforter. Includes towel and bar of soap. Bathrooms and showers are outside, hot water is not always hot. Bkft den and lounge overlooks town and is short walking distance from town center. Highly recommend it for a more relaxing and local feel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Nomad Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!