“Cozy hotel like a home” 5 of 5 stars

SOS Cave Hotel
Goreme Center | Aydınlı Mah. Cakmaklı Sokak No:4, Goreme, Turkey   |
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Goreme
Tokyo, Japan
“Cozy hotel like a home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Though staying at this hotel just for 2 nights, we had great times there.
Location is great and every staff are very kind and willing to help us for sightseeing in Cappadocia. Escpeailly, owner guided us around so that we could visit some local placese where travellers seldome go. So, I enjoed typical delicious cuisine at locala restaurant.
I was happy to stay at this hotel!
Thank you for your kind hospitality!!!
Aya

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aktau, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a great time in Cappadocia, definitely because staying in this hotel. Musa and his team arranged for us a great stay. Air balloon flight and tours to the underground city and Christian churches will be unforgettable. The hotel service was great.The breathtaking views from the terrace are in our hearts and in our photos, which we did a lot. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a comfortable stay in this amazing part of Turkey.

Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I travel all over the world, but this was my first trip to Turkey. I was in charge of planning a trip for me and my husband, my friend and her teenaged daughter. After a brief stay in Istanbul, we planned a four night stay in Goreme, in the Cappadocia region. It was clear that there were many hotels to choose from, at many price points, as well as many guides available. Very luckily for us, we found Musa, at the SOS Cave Hotel. In addition to speaking excellent English, Musa was the perfect guide for us. He was flexible, took us on a personalized multi day tour that included not only the highlights of the region, but the personal insiders view that every traveller wants but rarely gets. We sat and ate goats milk ice cream and heavenly baklava by the Red River, purchased our souvenirs at a huge discounts from a wholesales warehouse, and got a behind the scenes tour of a spectacular pottery museum being built. I even had a little tummy trouble, and Musa had me in and out of the hospital emergency room, all taken care of with red carpet treatment in three hours. I decided to take a ballon ride in the morning, a service that usually requires 18 hours advanced booking and Musa got on the phone 6hours ahead and booked me without any fuss. This is the kind of service any guest at his hotel or as a tour guest can expect. In a place renowned for hospitality , Musa, SOS Cave Hotel and his tour services are head and shoulders above the rest.

Room Tip: The rooms are a great value. Remember that you are staying in a cave that has been converted to a ho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Firenze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have use this hotel as base for to visit the Cappadocia.
Hotel is very pretty, terrace with a beautiful view. The rooms is very comfortable, a large bathroom and a good bed. The breakfast is very good, with pitas made ​​on time (delicius).
The owner is very frindley, he gave us many tips for visiting the best Cappadocia

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at SOS. Musa and his staff provided my wife and I with excellent service for the whole time we stayed in Cappadocia. Great tips on where to go and what to see for our stay. The breakfasts were healthy with lots of local fresh fruit and dried fruits as well. Our Cave room was nice and cosy and one step out of the room and we had a wonderful view of the valley and the local caves.

Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

There are very kind staff members with kind heart, They are very helpful to all the tourists 24 hours.

Once there were an elderly couple from Germany who stayed at the same period of time with me lost their luggage at airport. They kept trying to look for it and the hotel people tried to do their best to help them.
Finally the airport authority found the luggage. Then the hotel owner sent a request to the airport shuttle bus that they would deliver the luggage for the German couple staying at this hotel.

I stayed here a few nights and had some tourists who had troubles with tour agencies.
They were helped and assisted by the hotel owner and hotel service people.

I would come and stay in near future again.
I felt a few goodies about this hotel.
good service, good location and beautiful Turkish food,especially breakfast served in the morning.

Room Tip: I strongly recommend that you should stay in special cave rooms. For Japanese travelers, you had b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Very nice place, excellent view, well located, and particularly good service. Moussa, the owner, helped us out in many ways, and made us part of the family. This is where I'll stay in the future if I come back to Goreme.

Room Tip: Go for a cave room
soscave, Manager at SOS Cave Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Realy thanks for your perfect review.
Here is your home whanever you like to came back feel always welcome.

Been to SOS Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!