“Absolutely loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Goreme
London
“Absolutely loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights last week - absolutely loved it! Because the hotel wasn't very busy, Ali and his team were very kind and upgraded my room to the junior suite (room 201). The suite was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and romantic (I was swooning even though I was travelling alone), and was easily the coolest accommodations I'd ever stayed in! My room had a round bed (see photos), underfloor heating, which was such a comfort after a warm shower in that massive bathroom. The suite also had its individual wifi which was AMAZINGLY fast - even beats my Vodafone reception here in the UK!

On top of it all, the service provided by Ali and his team was amazing - they booked so many of my tours and transfers and coordinated with my balloon company on my behalf. In fact, they even followed up on a restaurant reservation on my behalf - even though I'd completely forgotten about it the next day - that's a 5* concierge service!

On my last day, I did a 4-wheel drive in the blustery hailing conditions, so much so that I needed a long warm shower at the end of it. Even though I was supposed to have checked out hours Prior, Ali and his team were so kind to let me keep the room until my departure for the airport and shower/rest as needed. These people are amazing.

It was an incredible experience and I am so glad I found this gorgeous hotel... Although I haven't stayed at any other Goreme hotel, I wouldn't even think of looking for another one and would just return here time and time again.

Thanks again for a great experience and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel is just off the main road and when we came, they were still doing some work in some rooms . But this did not matter as the rooms on the lower floor we stayed in were amazing . Lovely clean and warm with a huge bathroom The t.v which we never watched as there is so much to see in the area . We came out of season and there was eight of us . We had the hotel to ourselves and were treated very well indeed with a fire lit for us in the restaurant at night and a huge breakfast waiting for us in the morning. Cengis showed us around in the morning and the view from the rooftop was spectacular with a 360 view point of the town, fairy chimneys rose valley and the mountains We will definitely come back again especially to sit on the roof terrace when it is finished it will be wonderful. thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tarsus, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

First i wanna thanks Mr. ALİ for his hospitality.. it was great experience to be in Göreme and Cappadocia , but there is something more than to be there..
it is feeling, understanding that time.. So if u want to feel and experience, ı will just recommend to stay ottoman cave suites..
we woke up excellent breakfast with traditional dry fruits, it taste delicious..

Room Tip: all suites are large and guite..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

It's a new and stylish hotel with a perfect location, on a plan street behind the city hall, just 3 minutes walk from Goreme bus station and dozens of good restaurantes. The staff is very gentle and the breakfest is good. I got room 203, a huge and confortable room, designed like a cave. It was a nice experience, I will surely recommend it to anyone who plan to visit Cappadocia.

• Stayed November 2012
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is off an unimpressive road. But as soon as my airport shuttle pulled up to the front door I was amazed. The others in the shuttle gawked over it as well. I was immediately greeted and welcomed in. Cengiz, the manager, was as kind as can be!
My room was 104. The room was huge with a large seating area, big screen tv, fireplace (which I most definitely would have used if it had been colder out), wood and stone flooring, and a large and very comfortable bed with beautiful stone wall mural behind it. Then there was the bathroom. LARGE! The shower itself is nearly the size of my bathroom at home. It had a huge rainfall style shower head. The floors in the bathroom are heated. There's a hammam area for a Turkish bath experience.
Breakfast in the morning started around 7:30 (I think... I wasn't up that early) and ended around 10 or so. It was a buffet styled Turkish breakfast with breads, tomatoes, cucumbers, meats, cheeses (many varieties), butter, jams, and honey. You're also offered either a boiled egg or omelet. There's Turkish coffee, Turkish tea, apple tea, juices, and water to drink.
I was also able to leave my suitcase in the office after checking out and before my evening bus back to Istanbul.
I really had an enjoyable stay! The whole experience added to my wonderful memories in Cappadocia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ottoman Cave Suites? Share your experiences!