“Highly Recommended! - Great "Family" Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocak Restaurant

Ocak Restaurant
Aydinli Mahallesi ,Cakmakli Sokak No:22 | Goreme / Nevsehir, Goreme 50180, Turkey
+90 538 373 7485
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Our customers are important for us, they are like brothers and sisters.
London, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended! - Great "Family" Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am not sort of person to give 5 star but well for my Ocak family, why not! :)

I was planning my trip to cappadocia when somebody random on the web suggested me to stay at Ocak. I checked the photos and went there. Initially, I felt weird on coming to small village in cold weather but the family was very welcoming, (nothing to do with them but it was probably because I was at my own and backpacking!)

As the time passed, I felt very comfortable and now I feel that it was one of the best thing I did during cappadocia trip. The man was very helpful in sorting out my journeys/other trips, the lady was very kind and made me good food.,

In fact, it was very interesting listening to the conversation of young girls with their parents, where she was trying to convince them for letting her have a day out in the valley.

In short, it was fantastic time and was a very good choice. I would have regretted if I had stayed in the hotel.

Anyhow, If you get a chance to stay with them, please do, by all means!

Once again, Thank you very much everyone at Ocak! ( I am giving this review after a long time but see, I've not forgotten you at all! )

• Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Perth, Australia
“Ocak Restaurant and Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

After a wonderfull but hectic time in Istanbul we arrived in goreme. Our first meal after 2 weeks of eating tasty, unhealthy, fast cooked food was here at the Ocak family hotel. We were in heaven, the homstead was very comfortable, warm and great service. The food was traditional and cooked with love. It was by far the tastiest food we had the whole time in Turkey. We washed it down with local made wine which finished off the perfect meal. It was exactly what we needed. The hotel is family run and very comfortable and affordable. If you want a traditional cultural turkish experience with warm beautifull owners than look no further. This is a must stay.

• Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Ocak Guesthouse and Restauant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at the Ocak Guesthouse in Goreme for one week. Of course we dined at the Ocak Restaurant, which offered authentic, delicious, home cooked Turkish food.

Ethem, his wife Müşo, and their two daughters were wonderful hosts. We were warmly welcomed into their lovely home, located in a peaceful neighborhood of Goreme, overlooking the city.

The room was big and comfortable. A fire stove kept the winter chills away. Bathroom facilities were exceptionally clean. Laundry facilities were also available at a small cost.

The travelers of the Guesthouse organised two day trips with Ethem and Müşo. We visitied Ozkonak Underground City, local thermal springs, and the beautiful Ilhara Valley for a day hike. Again Ethem and Müşo were wonderful hosts and guides.

I would highly recommend Ocak Guesthouse and Restaurant as a base to discover the magic of Cappadoccia.

Thank you Ethem and Müşo. Best regards, Amber and Tim

NB. It is possible to make a booking for Ocak Guesthouse through the Air BNB website.

• Visited December 2013
Batu Pahat, Malaysia
“i miss this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

i stayed here for a night. it was a great experience. friendly and welcoming hosts.

the food. ahhhh amazing. we arrive in the morning and etham prepared perfect breakfast for us.

definitely worth to pay a stay and having your meal here.

• Visited October 2013
Florence, Italy
“Very good food and traditional place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Delicious soups and dishes are slowly cooked in tandour, the room is finely furnished. Very fast service and excellent atmosphere!

• Visited November 2013