“wonderful stay, wonderful warm people” 5 of 5 stars

Uzundere Cad. Ayvaz Efendi sk. No:14/A, Goreme 50180, Turkey   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Goreme
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Metuchen, New Jersey
“wonderful stay, wonderful warm people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am not a hotel rater but this one is so exceptional that I am happy to do so. We stayed in this little gem with my husband and our two kids in July of 2012 while visiting Capadoccia. We were lodged in the beautiful large cave room. It was quite an experience unlike anything we ever had. When we left it was like separating from family. The hosts, Alican and his mom who was helping out during the summer were incredibly helpful, friendly and available at all time. The sheets, towels impeccably clean. She introduced us to local fruit and vegetables (they prepare jams, which they serve at breakfast, directly with the fruit that came from trees around the house where she grew up), she told us about how people used to live in these dwellings, explained the customs. A day before our departure, we still had places to go but a piece of wire got unstuck in my daughter's braces and she was very uncomfortable. The only option seemed to go to a dentist in the nearest city, which would have used up the rest of our vacation. Alican left the hotel and came back half an hour later with a small pair of pliers, just what was needed to cut the wire off. He saved the day! I would recommend this hotel to everyone without the slightest hesitation.

Room Tip: For a truly "cave" experience, stay in the room carved out of the stone.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

On a short 3 days trip to cappadocia, stayed in Karadut Cave hotel since reviews were good. In reality it was really good place to stay. local tours with english speaking guide were conveniently organised by the owner Abdulrehman. The hotel is located a few hundred meters from the village centre, so shopping/dining in the evening was very easy. In winter, room heating was very useful - working and effective. toilets were clean, breakfast was good. Even pickup and drop to Nevsehir was organised by the hotel. Was difficult to connect to free wifi of the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a cave room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

my sister and niece stay here for 4 nights.we were enjoying.this hotel made our capadocia trip perfect.room is comfortable and spacious.owner is helpful,warm like my home,room is very clean,great breakfast and delicious.owner wife very considering for helping us.laundry is good,separate dark and light colour cloth and laundry is nice smell.if anyone would like to stay in goreme.you just stay in karadut,you will not regret.

• Stayed December 2012
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband, my father and I stayed at Karadut (which means Black Mulberry) for 3 nights while we visited Cappadocia more than a week ago. I picked this place because of the exceptional reviews on both TripAdvisor and Booking.com. It was simply perfect and easily the best among all the places we stayed at in Turkey during our 2-week vacation. Rooms are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. They were cleaned very day. Facilities are modern yet cozy, and breakfast is very generous with variations from day to day. It’s about a 5-minute walk from the center of the town. Quiet, yet convenient. The owner’s cousin was running the place while we were there. He and his wife are very kind and prepared an early breakfast on the last day for us to accommodate our departure time. They shared Turkish coffee and pirouette cookies with us on our last night, which made such a lasting impression. We would definitely choose this hotel again if we return to Goreme in the future. AN ABSOLUTELY PERFECT PLACE to stay at!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10 which is absolutely nice! It's all the way at the end on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in early October. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Alican is very helpful with information but not pushy at all. He was very friendly and available. The breakfasts were delicious as was the case everywhere I stayed in Turkey..though I love fruit, veggies and olives so I was never disappointed! The cats were a bonus for me...location is perfect..close to town but in a very quiet area. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Most of the hotel's rooms are built into the caves. Quiet. Cool. Peaceful. Wonderful host, Alican was accommodating. Great late breakfast. Ideal location off main street; 5 minute walk into town. If you go to Goreme and the Cappidoccia, this is the place to stay. We stayed in a triple room, queen for wife and I and a small room off main for our son. Very affordable.

Room Tip: Cave room is great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kyoto, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Soon after I arrived "Karadut Cave Hotel", this beceme my special place during my trip.
The design of the place is very lovely and I could tell the owner paid atttensions to details very much.

The outside communal space where you can have a seat and relax is the best place I liked while flowers and lovely kittys were around you.

I stayed one of the cave rooms, which you can feel real Kapadokya!
The room was very well accomodated, clean, and modern!

The scenery from outside balcony was fabulous.

The owner or staff is always there for you to help so you would not feel any difficulty staying and exploring in Kapadokya even if you are solo traveler :D

Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Karadut Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!