“Perfect hotel for an out-of-this-world place” 5 of 5 stars

Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Aydinli Mah. Yavuz Sok. No 1, Goreme 50180, Turkey   |
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Goreme
Brooklyn
“Perfect hotel for an out-of-this-world place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! From tastefully decorated rooms to a beautiful hamam to a dining area with an incredible view of the fairy chimneys to a relaxing pool area, again with a spectacular view, Kelebek was a wonderful hotel. From the start, they went out of their way to help us, giving us a tour of the (somewhat warren-like) grounds, and helping us with our Turkish vocabulary. The breakfast was delicious, and nothing beats an Efes by the pool as the sun sets over the landscape. Be sure to take advantage of their airport shuttles (inexpensive) and the tours that they can help arrange for you.
Kelebek is located just a short walk to the center of Goreme, making it perfect to explore the town and its fun restaurants and bars, and it's about a 30 minute walk to the Goreme Open Air Museum.

Room Tip: Stay in a cave room! We stayed in room 13, which had a mini-hamam. If you can swing the cost, a cave...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Murat Y, Owner at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel. We are glad to know that you are satisfied with the room, breakfast and our services on offer. I have shared your comments with our team and they are pleased that they have exceeded your expectations and made you feel home a away from home. Our focus is to show Turkish Hospitality to all our guests from all over the world.

Murat YAVUZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

HI folks,
myself and my partner have just returned from Turkey and absolutely loved this hotel. It has amazing views, a hammam (turkish bath),pool, breakfast to die for and fabulous staff.
We actually stayed in one of the smaller rooms in a "fairy chimney". This room used to be a chapel. It is quite snug but great for those of you that want the cheaper option at this hotel as you still get all the lovely perks mentioned above but at a cheaper rate as the room is small. This room (number 5) and room 6 have a shared bathroom and there are some rather large steps down to the courtyard to it, but it's worth it. If you can afford it, then get one of the other rooms and have all the luxury (bathroom) close. If not then rooms 5 or 6 are another option.

Every breakfast we had on our travels got compared and rated to breakfast at Kelebek. The spread was fantastic. Including eggs a variety of ways, Turkish cheese/ pastry pies, a multitude of dried fruits and nuts, about 8-10 toast toppings and spreads and all the usual cereals, toast etc if you don't want to go outside your comfort zone. They even had turkish delight and halva for those of you with a sweet tooth. Tea and filter coffee are available in the restaurant free of charge for guests at any time.

You can also enjoy an organic breakfast free of charge at the hotel owners family farm on one morning if you want an adventure. I would highly recommend it. The owner of the hotel gets all his produce from this farm and is encouraging other hotels to do this with other farm owners to keep local people working on them. It's a great trip, with fabulous views as you are pulled along in a cart behind a tractor to get there! You also get a lot of information about the Turkish history and way of life.

This hotel is handy to all that Goreme has to offer and can do airport transfers from Kayseri airport (about and hour from Goreme) for 10 euro each way. It's an easy and cheap way to get there.
What else?? The staff were all lovely, friendly and helpful. They dropped us off at the open air museum in Goreme (about 2 kms) for no charge and picked us up at 11.30pm at night when we rang after getting lost coming home!
I highly recommend this hotel and would love to go back again.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Recently my husband and I stayed at the Kelebek for 4 nights, We were picked up from Kayseri airport and returned to Nevsehir airport at the end of our stay. Metz the manager, went out of his way, to help you plan your activities. He took us to The Open Air Museum in Goreme and he suggested we walk home via the valley. On another day, he drove us to the start of the hike in the red and rose valley. ...complimentary and part of the service. One of the highlights was a tractor ride to Kings Valley. Ali our guide, gave us a fascinating insight into life on the family farm, which we visited. We were treated to a delicious breakfast, in a magical setting. The pickled walnuts were superb. Free wifi was offered in the restaurant. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Murat Y, Owner at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013

Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My (new!) husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first night of our honeymoon and man did we make the right decision. The staff was unbelievably friendly and accommodating. The room was absolutely gorgeous (211). The areas to lounge were relaxing and beautiful. The food at their little restaurant was delicious. The first day there we went to the hamam. I loved it so much that I went to two other hamams in other places in Turkey (including the famous one in Istanbul) and this was BY FAR the best one. We did a hot air balloon through the company they endorse (Butterfly I believe) and it was splendid.

Only small complaint, which they can't really do much about, is that the neighbors at the bottom of the hill have a horrible yapping dog that doesn't always allow the best sleep!

Honestly, nothing but rave reviews for this place and HIGHLY recommend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at Kelebek Special Cave Hotel Hotel. We are happy to read that you are satisfied with our facilities, our service and our team. I have shared your comments with them and they are all very pleased. Our focus is to deliver Turkish Hospitality to our guests from all around the world.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

From the personalized airport pick-up onwards, the staff at the Kelebek made our stay in Göreme perfect. The hotel is impeccable, the views are great and the pool offers a welcome break from the hot days spent exploring the region. The hotel also offers great value, with service and amenities far beyond what you should expect for this price. Thanks to Ali and all the staff for a great stay.

Nick & Marie

• Stayed July 2013

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

There seem to be a lot of choices in Goreme for cave hotels. I don't know what the rest of them are like, but Kelebek was amazing. The breakfast was süper, the room was authentic and clean, the staff were so helpful in all respects. My husband and I so enjoyed our time here. Very lovely hamam as well!!

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here with my wife while we were travelling in 2012 with her brother and his girlfriend. My wife and I surprised her brother by consipring with the manager, Hasan, to give them a "free" upgrade for "bad plumbing" to the best suite. The plumbing wasn't bad, and we paid for the upgrade, but her brother and his girlfriend had no idea! They loved it so much they got engaged that night.

The staff was fantastic, the food was superb, and the view unmatched.

Room Tip: Pick a room with plenty of air - some of the cheaper rooms feel more claustrophobic. But the expens...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Murat YAVUZ

Been to Kelebek Special Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!