“Perfect hotel at a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

Vineyard Cave Hotel
KarsI Bucak Caddesi Ayaz Efendi Sokak No 12, Goreme 50180, Turkey   |
Ranked #2 of 68 Goreme B&B and Inns
Shanghai
“Perfect hotel at a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our family just stayed at the Vineyard Cave Hotel for 3 nights, and I would highly recommend this hotel! When Hasan (the father) said, "My home is your home", he really meant it.

Room
- We had Room #1 on the second floor. Only after being in the room did I believe that a cave room can actually be so warm and homey. Room #1 is actually a two bedroom suite with a small but very comfortable sitting area (TV, traditional Turkish sitting areas with carpets and pillows, a turkish fire place, and separate sofas). The small bedroom has a queen sized bed and is very cozy. The big bedroom has a queen sized bed and a single bed. The room is huge but still managed to stay nice, and comfortable. Bathroom is big, and has a jacuzzi with shower. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. The rooms are perfectly sound proof and once the light is off, a good night sleep is guaranteed. After cash discount, we paid 100 Euro a night, which is a really good price considering the size of the room and the location.

- Hasan and Osman are such great hosts. I won't repeat what the other reviewers have said about what great advices the two have given, or how helpful they are. If you ever wished to have a super knowledgeable and well-connected uncle/brother in town, your wish is granted. We wanted to fly with a particular pilot for the hot air balloon trip. Osman not only secured the booking (the arrangement was seamless) for us but also got us a really good discount. We had a flat tire and Osman took us to a good auto repair shop that charged us very reasonable price. If we had more time, I probably would beg Osman to help me find good buys on carpet, and onyx etc.

Breakfast
- Love the breakfast. How often do you get breakfast with 7 types of different fruits, all fresh, sweet and juicy? The egg made by Hasan is sooooooooooooo good too!!

Location
- It's 5 mins to 10 mins easy walk to the bus station, around which you will find a lot of very good restaurants. If you are driving, you will find it comforting that the drive to the hotel is so easy. There is no scary uphill winding narrow street with two way traffic to deal with. There is free parking right in front of the hotel.

Overall, I highly recommend Vineyard Cave Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Fantastic facilities where you actually stay in a cave! Accommodation clean and well maintained. We were made to feel very welcomed on arrival with maps and descriptions of surrounding areas given to us. Upon booking the hotel contacted us via email with key information and organised airport transfers and a hot air balloon ride for us. We had a private tour with the owner of the hotel which was brilliant and very enjoyable. Even though we flew out at 22:00 they minded our luggage and we were still welcome to use the hotel facilities until we left and were given drinks and offered the use of the shower- told "my home is still your home until you leave for the hotel". Highly recommend this hotel with no reservations.

• Stayed August 2013
Belconnen, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Osman is very helpful and nice, and can give you any suggestion for anything around as long as you have a question.
Rooms are excellent except wifi is not always reachable in room(maybe due to the stone wall), very uniquely decored.
Ballooning is available for booking as well.
Will come again next time.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

From the very beginning when I was emailing Osman from the hotel he was so prompt and beyond helpful in giving me information about the hotel and all the potential activities I could do while I was there.
On arrival at the hotel, I was greeted very warmly and given an introduction to the city and what was on offer.
The cave room was wonderful. Very spacious and a really cool experience.
Any time I needed to go into town (even though it was a smallwalk) Osman would always offer to drive and even took me sightseeing one morning. The staff are all very generous with their time!
All in all I would say my time at Vineyard Cave hotel was 10/10.

• Stayed August 2013
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

From the roof top you have a great view to Goreme and the nice land scape! There is also the breakfast served. To go the center of Goreme it takes only a few minutes by foot. Also for hikes is it good located. The rooms are big, clean and nice decorated.
All the family members, which lead the hotel, are very friendly and helpful. When I had too much sun, they took care of me a lot! Thanks! I would go there again, definitely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The place is just perfect. This charming hotel is located near the center of Göreme, services and travel agencies. Everything (almost) is within reasonable walking distance, otherwise it is possible to rent a scooter and even a 4-wheel! Upon arrival, the owners (father and son) take the time to tell you about their beautiful region and the various activities offered. The view from the terrace is gorgeous, the rooms are luxurious, spacious and comfortable. Need a shuttle to the airport, they will call for you to be picked up! Want to enjoy a guided tour of the area, they will find a transport and a guide! You talk to them about their delicious fruits, they will prepare you a plate for the room! This is a royal stay. They call it the Turkish hospitality! Thank you for everything! I recommend this place without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were looking forward to our trip to Goreme,as We were doing a Balloon trip on my Birthday and I have to say from our first sighting of this place it was like stepping into another world..

When We booked this Hotel,We could only have an arched room,so you can imagine my delight when Osman who runs the Hotel with his Dad Hassan,said He would upgrade us at no extra charge for 2 nights as long as We were willing to move to another room for our last night,The two rooms were wonderful but the bathroom in the cave room was amazing! We then met him on the roof terrace for him to give us information on interesting things to see and do,him and his Dad were born here so anything you wanted to know they had the answers..

The rooms are lovely and cool,so the lack of AC was not an issue,however a fan was provided in the second room if needed. Rooms also provided a fridge with complimentary water,juices and cakes,tea/coffee,bathroom slippers and toiletries..

We were told We could bring our own Food and drink up to the Terrace if We wanted and that We could have tea/coffee free of charge anytime,which We did while We were there to watch the sun go down.

Breakfast was served up on the Terrace which was prepared by 3 ladies,one being Hassans wife,and it consisted of a variety of fruits,breads,cheese,omelletes etc,more than enough to start your day in this wonderful place,,

The Hotel arranged our Balloon Trip,which was with Butterfly Balloons,so We just paid them on return, if visiting Cappadocia,I would highly recommend doing this..

On our last day We took Hassan up on his offer to take us around some of his favorite sights as well as visiting a Pottery and an Onyx factory,He also runs his own Carpet shop called Rose carpets and is well worth a visit and a short walk from the Hotel..

Goreme has plenty of Bars and Restaurants,with different prices to suit your needs.

As it was my Birthday,this place ,the hospitality of Hassan,Osman and family ( I was also given a little gift ) made it really special,and if visiting Goreme again,this is where I would stay..teşekkür ederim

P.s The Stone sign on the road leading up to Hotel is hard to read,would suggest highlighting the letters..

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 which was a cave room and room 2 which was an arched room,either I would stay in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Vineyard Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!