“Don't pass it by!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Don't pass it by!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had been in Turkey for almost two weeks & pretty saturated with all the Turkish food we had been having till now, this restaurant came along as quite a surprise! since it was not even mentioned in Lonely Planet, we passed it by a couple of times till another group of fellow Indians recommended it to us! what a pleasant surprise it turned out to be! My Mother's gave us one of the best meals of the dozen or more we had during our 14 days stay in Turkey. The rooftop terrace is very ideally located! We were particularly bowled over by Mr Farzin at the restaurant who understood what we wanted & got the dishes prepared to suit our palate! Highly highly recommend to everyone visiting Goreme!

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
“Underrated Restaurant is one of Goreme's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Although well down on the list of Goreme restaurants in Trip Advisor, and not even mentioned in Lonely Planet, My Mother's gave us one of the very best meals of the dozen or more we had during our 9 days stay in Goreme. The rooftop terrace is lovely, the menu selection better than most in the town, and our service was great from a sweet, goodnatured young woman whose name we didn't get. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
“Bad lamb - tasty menemen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

It seemed to be a nice place, great view, good and convenient sofas... but no water in WC to wash hands... And then YESTERDAY lamb şiş that my husband refused to eat and pay for. Waiter came to appologize, admitting that food was cooked yesterday.
İ was more lucky with good menemen.
But obviously not the place we will come back to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“The Best Turkish Cuisine Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been travelling in Turkey for more than a week and were a bit tired of Turkish food, while most of which do not quite fit the taste of Chinese. However, there are only Turkish restaurants in Goreme, so we randomly picked My Mother's in our last night in Goreme, and it gave us much surprise!

My Mother's is situated in Goreme city centre, but it's not on the 'main street'. You need to walk up a bit along a small alley. The environment, furniture and decoration of My Mother's was super nice! And the lady at the door was very friendly. She told us all dishes here were prepared by her mum. All these attracted us and we decided to have a try.

We chose the indoor seats. The mood was fantastic. We ordered Cappadocian red wine, a turkish appetizer, chicken kebab with rice, spaghetti bologniese and testi chicken kebab (a traditional Cappadocian dish with chicken cooked inside a sealed pot). Well, the food was much more amazing than expected! THEY ARE SO DELICIOUS!!! We did not like Turkish food but we found dishes here VERY GOOD!

We also ordered dessert - chocolate pudding and mixed fruit ice cream. The lady was too kind to offer us free cay (turkish tea) after our meal. So sad we didn't have a photo taken with her :P (She is very pretty!)

My Mother's is the best turkish restaurant we tried in our whole 12-day trip. We highly recommend Hong Kong people / Chinese who will visit Goreme to try My Mother's since it suit our taste much. It marked a very good memory in our trip:)

• Visited April 2013
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“about restaurant's foods and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

every thing was pretty good
and keremi kofte was so perfect
and this restaurant's services were good
and i enjoyed there