“Quick contact and very professional” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 60 Activities in Goreme
London
4 attraction reviews
“Quick contact and very professional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

As I was attempting to book my schedule from the UK, moving through Turkey within a limited number of days I found it very stressful trying to book bus tickets online in advance. I had heard that some agencies would book for you but as soon as they knew that they couldn't sell you another tour or package they were rude and unresponsive. I knew coming to Cappadocia that my partner and I wanted to book a hot air balloon ride with Butterfly Balloons so it was pure luck going to butterfly that when I asked about booking bus journeys to and from Cappadocia that Turkish Heritage Tours was forwarded as their representatives. I dealt with Gizem who was very quick on email to get back to me with any of my queries and made the whole process very easy. Delighted with the balloon trip too! The only slight negative was that I noticed we ended up paying 3 times the cost for the actual bus ticket, however for pure ease of it I don't mind and it's understandable the agency need to make a fee from the transaction and the cost wasn't extortionate.

Barcelona
3 attraction reviews
“Excelent service!!! Absolutely recommended!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Seriousness, quickness in the answers, the best services provided, an excelent knowledge of every place! We ived unforgettable experience at Goreme. Because of their big experience don't doubt in picking this agency! Our best regards from Argentina!! Willing to come back!

Eugune, OR
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Turkish Heritage Travel takes care of all the details. We needed a transfer to our holiday home. The agents arranged the pick-up at the airport, delivered us safe and sound--and anticipated our needs along the way, without us even asking. The agents are professional and clarify all the details in advance--and they make sure that you are satisfied with the service you desire. Top-notch travel professionals in Cappadocia.

Kutchan-cho, Japan
“Cihat says it all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Yesterday did a one day tour with Turkish Heritage Travel. The tour was well balanced, sensible, good value for money and covered a good cross section of the cultural, geological and historical sites. Best of all was our guide, Cihat Oral, who started off somewhat understated, but quickly warmed to be an amazing source of information. His local, national and international knowledge enabled him to deliver an excellent commentary as we went along as well as giving comprehensive and fascinating responses to questions. He combined geological, socio-political, historical, geographic, cultural, religious and sometimes even local political information into a comprehensive picture of Capprodicia. His insight into Turkey today was also very interesting. If you do a tour with this company and find that you have Cihat as your tour guide, you will have the opportunity to learn a lot.

New York
3 attraction reviews
“Informative day tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This review is only for the group day tour Cappadocia Undiscovered Tour (Tour #2), not for the entire travel agency.

My partner and I spent a little over two weeks in Turkey and we made all travel arrangements on our own, including flights, hotels, buses, etc. We had 3 days in Cappadocia and we wanted to visit an underground city but we were up in the air about whether to rent a car and do it ourselves or join a group tour and have the benefit of an informative guide and having someone driving us. At 50 Euros per person, the tour is not cheap. We are pretty independent travelers and like to explore and hike on our own but we decided to go with a day tour because we thought it would be easier than navigating on our own. We had already spent two days hiking in Cappadocia and decided to let other people take over the navigation for us on our last day, since we had heard good things from other people who've taken day tours with Heritage Travel.

Unlike many people visiting Cappadocia who are traveling through Turkey clockwise from Istanbul, we did it counterclockwise and visited Cappadocia near the end of our trip. So having already been to Ephesus, the Sobessos Excavation site on the tour was not particularly exciting.

The Kirksehitler Church is something we wouldn't have seen on our own, and we probably wouldn't have sought out the Soganli Valley on our own either. Unfortunately, I think the website description of the visit to Soganli Valley was not very clear-- the website described a "hike" but what we actually did was walk along a dirt path for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how fast you walk-- it wasn't really hiking. About 5 minutes along the path, we walked by two cave churches and our guide briefly described them but did not encourage anyone to go in. I was surprised that no one else in our group had any interest but my partner and I went into the churches while everyone in the group kept walking. It would've been helpful for the guide to explain how much time the "hike"/walk was going to take and encourage people to actually visit the sites, so that we didn't feel like we were rushed for time and had to catch up-- because the actual walking path was maybe only 15 minutes long and after that we had lunch, where, in my opinion, we lingered too long. I would have preferred more time to explore the churches instead of taking a long hour and 20 minute lunch break.

Now, if you take this tour- I highly recommend visiting those two cave churches in Soganli Valley because one of the churches is multi-level with interior staircases-- it's unlike any cave churches we had seen in Cappadoccia. It's unfortunate that everyone in our group bypassed it.

Moving on to the Derinkuyu Underground City-- this is what we signed up to see. We visited this site last, toward the end of the afternoon, so luckily it wasn't terribly crowded. However, again, walking through the underground site itself felt a bit rushed. Even though guide provided helpful description and information, it was barely enough time to really walk around and explore and take pictures. We were at the site for maybe 15-20 minutes tops.

I really liked our guide- he was knowledgeable, funny, and very hospitable. However, I wish there had been more time or better communication for people to explore the sites, and less time lingering at lunch.

Bottom line is, for people who are very independent and like to explore, there is a tradeoff to taking a group tour.

Visited May 2014