“A highlight of a great trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Balloon - Cappadocia

Royal Balloon - Cappadocia
Goreme 50180, Turkey (Formerly Royal Balloon)
+90 384 271 3300
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Royal Balloon - Cappadocia; We offer Luxury & Exclusive Hot Air Balloon Flights in the spectacular and extraordinary landscape of Cappadocia / Turkey.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sonoma, California
“A highlight of a great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a great experience...from pickup early in the morning, a great adventure with our Aussie pilot, peacefully flying over amazing landscape, champagne, to drop off at our cave hotel. Not to be missed. So fun. We felt safe and well cared for throughout. I highly recommend the company.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Summit, New Jersey, USA
8 attraction reviews
“Don't miss this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am only in Cappadocia for two days, and it was very cold and kind of cloudy, but I am very glad I did this. My hotel, Kayapaki Premium Caves, booked me with Royal Balloons, and I am glad that they did, though I don't have anything to compare it to. I was picked up at the hotel at 5:20 am and brought to Royal, where the was a buffet breakfast, with an array of things to choose from, plenty of coffee, tea, capachinno, etc. they delayed take off due to the weather, which was good and apparently all the companies did the same as many other trucks headed out when we did. The ride was great, Muret Ozertugral, was our "pilot". The serve champagne at the end. Bring cash to tip and buy pictures that they take of your group (if you choose to do so) 10 TL per pic. I highly recommend anyone who comes here died this trip!

Johannesburg, South Africa
28 attraction reviews
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

we went as a group of 5 people and got the small balloon (total 7 people). it was fantastic as we had enough space.

We felt safe and enjoyed the experience with Royal balloons. I would recommend the company to anyone.

after pickup they take you for breakfast (Turkish + english breakfast buffet which was good).
then a short drive to the balloon where you meet the staff
after a few minutes you are up in the air with 100s of other balloons. It's been a truly magical experience that i will remember forever.
weather was good. we floated effortlessly and saw everything there is to see in cappadocia.
landed smoothly and had champagne
+got medals for completing the ride.
we were back at the hotel around 8-8:30am

dont miss it even though it is a bit expensive.

Kootenays, BC, Canada
30 attraction reviews
“Amazing & unforgettable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a magical morning! We were picked up on time & delivered to the starting point for our early-morning balloon ride. If you have ANY doubts about getting up in the wee small hours of the morning, just do it - it's soooo worth it! After a lovely breakfast, which is included in your balloon ride cost, we were driven to the take-off point for our balloon ride.

I admit to being a little anxious, as I suffer from a fear of heights. That being said, I'm a firm believer in facing one's fears - especially when it means you get to experience a once-in-a-lifetime journey over the Cappadocia fairy chimneys & cave houses.

Our pilot, Suat (pronounced "Swat") was very professional, friendly, skilled, humourous, and informative.

From breakfast to the flight to the champagne toast at the end of the trip, I felt like we'd left this planet for a journey to a land of fantasy! I can't express how amazing & breath-taking this experience was, nor can I encourage anyone strongly enough to do this!

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Turkey. I wouldn't hesitate to do this again, nor to recommend it to others.

We were treated ROYALLY, no pun intended!

Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Best experience in Capadoccia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a view! I was in Goreme for a brief holiday after a business trip and this was one of the coolest things I did. Just taking off one star because despite Royal telling my hotel they would find a way for me to get on a King Flight I had to settle for Queen when I arrived (as King flights were sold out). In retrospect, the queen was more than adequate because we only had 12 people in our balloon, but I would have preferred they answered us honestly when booking as I was willing to pay more.

I was picked up from my hotel around 5AM, we were taken to a location that served breakfast (generous buffet, but the food was mediocre. Make sure you eat regardless!), then we were taken to a remote field for launch. I liked this last detail, because while we launched away from the rush there were a ton of balloons taking off next to each other in the region. I can't imagine that clustering would have been as enjoyable or serene.

The weather in September was spectacular--a bit chilly before sunrise (~50F, so bring a jacket!) but it warmed up quickly. The views were absolutely spectacular. The pilot was hilarious. All in all, HIGHLY worth it!

PS - I had no idea how expensive ballooning was, but the prices are totally fair and are quite competitive compared to the US. Do not think twice about this.