“Excellent cave hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 69 Goreme B&B and Inns
tiantang
“Excellent cave hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very good hotel. Excellent location. It is located on the top of a hill and perfect for sunset views and for the rest of Capaddoccia. As Goreme is small, it is also only a 5 min walk from central/the bus terminal. The rooms have so much character and are 3/4 stars. The staff were also very helpful and offered free lifts.

Room Tip: Only some rooms have wifi
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We styed 5 nights in Arif Cave Hotel and it was gorgeous. Being a cave the rooms were always lovely and cool and the service was supurb. The view from our window was over the rock formations in the town and often of the hundreds of balloons in the morning. Arif and his son, Ahmet, were very helpful with arranging sightseeing and even drove us to the starting point of one of the walks. I think that Goreme is an ideal spot for visiting Cappadocia. It is central and right amongst the rock formations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I ended up moving to this hotel after not liking the one I had originally booked. I was so happy that I did.. the place is high up near the panoramic point with a wonderful deck where you eat your breakfast or just hang out and enjoy the view including the amazing sunset. I looked at a lot of the rooms, because each one was unique and special, designed with so much care. Ahmet was the most incredible host, helpful in every way. I was traveling alone and he made me feel as if I was with family. I stayed an extra day and would have stayed longer if I could have changed my plans.
Rooms were all very clean and the WIFI worked great all the time. I can not say enough about this place. It was truly wonderful and would recommend it to anyone wanting a place to stay in Goreme.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Oh ! What to say ? We went there for 3 nights and it was awesome ! First, they came to pick us up at the bus station with our backpacks. Then we had a nice chat in the hotel lobby, talking about what we wanted to see and do and many other things ! This is a family buisiness, and you feel like home ! First night we had booked a smaller room, which was nice, but then I was curious about the other rooms and we visited ! Then I fell for a huge room, really unexpensive for the size and quality of it ! This really was a rock star room :) We could see the clouds and stars from our bed, the shower is just awesome and we had stairs going to a place where we could sit on a couch and relax with the best view ever... There even is a balcony... So then we stayed the 2 other nights in this room, you can see pictures of it that I posted ! It really was the best hotel room I had in my life, I'm going to remember this all my life ! The location of the hotel is perfect, it is uphill but it takes only 10 minutes walk to get there. From the hotel, you can walk up and in 2 minutes you're the queen (king) of the world and you can see everything from the top of the hills :) It's the perfect spot to watch the hot air balloons early in the morning, so if you're lazy you can get back to bed in 5 minutes :p hehehe So the place is clean and quiet, the location is perfect, there is a terrace on top where you have breakfast in the morning with this amazing view... The breakfast is really good and complete. Staff is friendly, well, what else could I say ? Just look at the pictures and go ! You will have the time of your life :) Thanks for everything it was incredible...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a really good time. Staying in a cave is part of the Cappadocia experience and this is the place to do it. This hotel must have the best view or one of the best in Goreme. From the terrace where you have breakfast you can see right over Goreme and far beyond, over to the valleys and even Uchisar Castle. If you get up early you can get a spectacular view of the balloons and a great place to just hang out. The panoramic room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet, and with the best view I've ever had in a hotel room. There's a special viewing platform on top of the hill and the window of our room was only six or seven metres below that.

Ahmet was a relaxed and friendly host. He sorted out our balloon trip, our tour, gave us a great restaurant recommendation, made sure we had what we needed and helped us with advice at any time. If I ever return to Goreme I'll be staying here without a doubt.

Room Tip: The cave room we saw looked great but splash out a bit and go for the panoramic cave room for someth...
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Arif Cave Hotel is a wonderful, inspiring, restful, and beautiful destination you should definitely book your stay here if you travel to Cappadocia. This is a professionally run family operated pension -- warm and friendly hospitality.

The location has a great view up on a hill side, and carved out cave/rooms are comfortably furnished like any 5 star hotel. Arif hotel is also situated in a short walk to the center of town for great food and shopping.

Ahmet treated us very well, he was helpful in booking our outings and recommending places to eat, and making sure everything went smoothly for us.

Our only regret is we only stayed 3 days! You should at least stay 5 in Goreme to really see all it has to offer, the open air museum, horse back riding, the various tours around the region, to the under ground city, etc...

The wine from the region is also excellent, perhaps the oldest vineyards in the world.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Late Review; In 2010 Summer. We have a good time during our stay in Göreme and stayed 5 days in a standard twin bedroom. The room was simple and clean. The owners Ahmet and his family are so friendly and hospitable, they treated us a Turkeish BBQ dinner. Yummy!
We miss Göreme!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Arif Cave Pension? Share your experiences!