“Hospitality redefined” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goreme Suites

You added Goreme Suites to your Saves list
Goreme Suites
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Aydinli Mah, Guvercinlik Sok No. 8 | Aydinli Mah. Guvercinlik Sok. No:8, Goreme, Turkey   |
Ranked #5 of 74 Goreme B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Hospitality redefined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Goreme suits was as good as all it's excellent reviews. Ferdi who runs the place with enthusiasm and efficiency was always quick to answer all my questions via email before our arrival. He also arranged all of our tours as well as transportation from the Kayseri airport at reasonable prices with atleast 5-10 lira discount. Its a quaint hotel at the top of the hill which can be a work out going up hill but the view when you get there is well worth it. And if you cannot walk up or down they offer free service by car to be dropped of or picked up. Our room was on the 2nd floor right above the reception with huge windows with a breathtaking view of the fairy chimneys the neighboring town on top of the hill and sunset as you lie in bed early in the morning you wake up to the view of the balloons flying around the fairy chimneys it was quite enchanting. The breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The people at the reception area were friendly and great company we spent a lot of time after our tours hanging out at the reception drinking tea that Ferdi just made talking about random things. Their hospitality was beyond anything we have ever experienced. From the old lady who works there ironing my husbands rumpled shirt to perfection to one of the reception gentlemen ( I forgot his name I think it was yursal :s) driving us at 9 pm to a neighboring town jewelry shop to buy something I had seen in an earlier tour but could not make up my mind to buy. He called the manager who had closed shop but came back to open it just for us it was like a scene from sweet home alabama where Reese Witherspoon had the entire Tiffany store to herself. When we return we will stay here for sure.

Cons: the spring bed was a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
goremesuites, Genel Müdür at Goreme Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with us Göreme Suites...Your recommendation and kind words are sincerely appreciated...We look forward to serving you again..My team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.
Mr. Onur Sucu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is an amazing hotel, the views are 1st class, the staff are polite, helpful and very friendly, and the rooms are luxurious in a very homely way. Breakfast are plentiful.
It is small and quiet and I hope I get to go again, the sooner the better.

Room Tip: They are all good, so don't worry. Our party used 2, and we have no reason to believe they were...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The staff here were really kind. It was a home away from home!
Great breakfast views, very private and quiet hotel.
You won't find your regular tour group or backpackers in this one!

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors give the best views.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vitoria, ES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I went to Capadoccia last year with my wiffe and my son. The view on top of Goreme Valley in Sunset, the fabulous brekafast, and hospitality from owner and staff manager are unbeliveable. Beside hotel facility they provide and take you with special tour by region. The owner brought us to buy some medicine in village and helped with every request that we have done. It´s not a big hotel it seems like a Guest House. We loved it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Going on the Turkish Trip for my wife’s 40th B-Day. We traveled around Turkey in 2 weeks and stopped in 4 regions / cities. I felt like a Whirling Dervish going round and round and here and there. It was fun. We had 2 young kids (6 & 8 yrs) in tow and luckily we had some help from my in-laws. Yes we had a gaggle of six.

Goreme Suites: We arrived in Cappadocia after 3 crazy days in the busy and bustling city of Istanbul. If you go to Turkey you must go to Cappadocia. And if you go to Cappadocia you must stay in Goreme Suites. I can’t say enough about the owner Sinan and his hotel. He is an incredible person and he will help you with everything. His hotel is a quaint, old world, beautiful hotel with modern amenities. The rooms are rustic and the finishes exemplify top notch choices that reflect the region. It is just beautiful and he makes sure you have everything you need as soon as you arrive. He and his front desk manager, Ferdi ,will ensure you are totally welcome. They will get your transfers to and from the airport. The drivers that work for them are really nice and they do speak English. Ferdi tirelessly makes sure you have food and drinks when you arrive and he does not stop his 5 Star services until you leave. He speaks English and Japanese. Sinan hired a really good person such as Ferdi that cares about his job and “ you” as a guest. He and Sinan exemplify Turkish Hospitality. This hotel is family owned by Sinan and I find that this is a fact of pride and it is instilled in his service and personality. This boutique hotel has an incredible view of the fairy chimneys that are prevalent in Cappadocia. Sinan is a licensed tour guide that speaks many languages including English and Italian. He is a ‘prolifera’ of knowledge and a historian of all the empires and religions that have come and gone in his land. He set up a tour of Cappadocia that was incredible. He packaged a deal for all of us, 4 adults and 2 kids for 2 days and that included his knowledge and guide and a driver. He took us to places that we will never forget. We saw churches in mountain sides from 500 bc and caves from 500 ad. We saw the most amazing fairy chimneys and he took us to the most incredible beautiful views. Ferdi and Sinan run a great operation and they take care of all you want to do. We went to a carpet bazaar and that is an area for carpets (but make sure you do your research before you buy and know you budget) to see carpet weavers. We also did the most incredible thing that you can do in Cappadocia; hot air ballooning. I did not think I would do this, but I did, and I did with my kids. Ferdi set this up and he even got my girls on with a reduced price. If you go hot air ballooning anyplace in the world, Cappadocia should be the place. I can go on forever but a true test of a place and recommendation for me is whether I keep in touch with the people there and I have. I will miss them and their fantastic service and great hotel. They will be most welcomed to come to visit me and my family in Canada and maybe I can return the hospitality. Rating 10!

Room Tip: we had the big family suite.. we have 2 young children and it was beutiful.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My spouse and I came in early March. It was cold with a light layer of snow. Our room was cold, but the staff helped us by providing a space heater. It made a huge difference! Goreme Suites is centrally located, a five-minute walk from the center of town. Staff will help you with any day tours or activities. They also contact you ahead of time to schedule a shuttle into town. Very helpful! The front desk guy (Sorry, I forgot your name) speaks English and Japanese.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. We had the room on the main floor. You can mildly hear the reception area, whic...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was superb hospitality. Very convenient location and the view from terrace was amazing. Ferdi, the manager was so helpful. We cooked Filipino food in the kitchen and had a great dinner with the manager. He helped us in a lot of ways like calling our tour agent to confirm schedules etc. Overall Goreme Suites define perfect and warm hospitality in the lovely town of Goreme! I will definitely come back With my friends.

• Stayed March 2012
Mr. Onur Sucu

Been to Goreme Suites? Share your experiences!