“Friendly and Cosy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Safak

Cafe Safak
Muze Cadessi no 28 | (On the way to the Goreme open air museum), Goreme 50180, Turkey
+90 384 271 2597
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Goreme
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Turkish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Hi,Here are some outstanding features of our cafe:We have THE BEST espresso coffee in Cappadocia (just look at the reviews). To keep things interesting we provide daily homemade specials made by Fatma Cingitas (local of Goreme). Love our food, you'll LOVE our cooking classes, learn from the best, Fatma Cingitas, in her own cave kitchen. Enquire within the cafe. We also have daily English Newspapers available to buy/read. Free book swaps are available to take (as long as you replace with another).
Bucharest, Romania
“Friendly and Cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

family run small cafe-restaurant. you can sit inside and also outside. nice atmosphere. try the salep?? - delicious!

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
“Cafe Safak - great food great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went to have a snack and ended up in ordering the fixed menu for both of us. The waiter (son) brought an additional apple tea on the house. I am not much of a tea drinker but that apple teas was very good, much better than the other apple teas I tasted while in Istanbul. The place was not full but busy and I think he was the only server. He managed to be timely and always had a smile.

If I recall we had the adana (lamb) kebab and that plus the lentil soup were all very good. My wife had the baklava and she said it was excellent.

The waiter was nice and friendly and talkative and good English. My wife asked about the tea (saying it was good). Not sure what exactly he said but something to the effect he had that tea for sale - maybe a side business.

I then told him that I will come the following day and give him a TA sticker and that I plan to do a review. So the next day we went to give him the sticker and he asked to wait and he would get the tea. He sent his Mom to get the tea. While we waited he brought apple tea and baklava on the house. We also got into a conversation where they had something translated to English which meant the opposite of what they were trying actually say. The Mother came with the tea and we expected a variety and him trying to sell them to us. Rather it was just one packet of Apple Tea. We asked how much, but he refused to take any money. He was excited about getting a TA sticker (to put on the window) - so maybe a way to thank me? But just so you know my review would be the same with or without the free tea!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Awesome service, decent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

First off, Ali is the man. We ordered some sandwiches for take-away for our bus ride and I forgot my travel bag in the restaurant. I ran back to find him preparing to meet me at the bus station with my bag.

The food is pretty good and service is excellent when Ali is around.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best coffee & service in Goreme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Quality!! Cafe Safak is the perfect spot to enjoy a great barista made coffee. The food is fantastic, the price is great & the service outstanding. Safak was our last stop in Goreme before our overnight bus to Pammukale. Thank you Cafe Safak for topping off a great few days in Cappadocia, if we had stumbled across you sooner we would have been regulars for sure! If your hanging for a good coffee hit this is the place for you.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our most favorite place in Goreme ! Great food and coffee !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Family-run Cafe Safak offers such good food for a very reasonable price !!! Their food and coffee was great and the staff were really nice and friendly. They also offer free wifi. It was our most favorite cafe in Goreme. Unfortunately we found the place on our last day there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere