On arrival into Goreme, one is somewhat overawed by the landscape..And once again when entering our room at this cosy establishment, we were thrilled to be overawed again!
We had a triple share room and to say it was spacious was an understatement!! There was tons of room and a nice big bathroom with a spa!! The room was clean and serviced daily..I honestly cannot pick a single fault with it..Lighting is a little dim, but hey, what do you expect when staying in a cave??
Buffet breakfast is included and some of the goodies on offer were bread rolls, cheeses, boiled eggs, salami, olives, cucumber, tomatoes and you could choose from scrambled eggs, omelettes, french toast or fried eggs..The french toast was delicious!
Location was great - just a short stroll down to the village..Goreme is verrry hilly but the walk back to the hotel wasn't too bad, just a bit hard on the legs for a short stretch, unlike some other hotels which are much higher up..
The manager, Dervis, was extremely helpful..After we'd checked in he filled us in on tours, etc, which he was able to book, but didn't pressure us at all..On our first night we were very tired and didn't want to go far for dinner, so he recommended a little family run establishment just a few minutes walk away (he even walked us there when we were ready)..It was delightful as the small restaurant was actually attached to the family home and there were only 3 or 4 tables and you got to meet the whole family and as we left we popped our heads into the kitchen and said thanks for the great meal to the mum who was the cook...Wine was good too!
My friends booked a day tour with Dervis which I declined as I preferred to hire a scooter and see the sights myself, but the next day we booked a hot air balloon flight with him, using EZ Air and I would highly recommend this company, though there are literally dozens to choose from..
I can say I thoroughly enjoyed the 4 nights I spent here and would highly recommend it!!
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave House Hotel
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HostelBookers so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.