We wanted to stay in a cave hotel in Cappadocia and decided to try Dervish Cave. We've left with the best impressions of a Turkish hotel to date.
The cave room was spacious, tastefully decorated in Ottoman style, clean with daily housekeeping, all essentials were there. It was chilly at nights, so the room had hot water radiators (we asked them to switch them on). The bed was very comfortable with a choice of pillows. We even had a small jacuzzi in the room. Breakfast spread was extensive served either inside or, on warm days outside in the rose garden overlooking Goreme and uplooking at Uchisar.
The staff (we mostly had contact with Camal) was very helpful. Before we came I was concerned because one poster on TripAdvisor mentioned that the staff was very pushy about selling tours or hot air baloon rides. After spending 3 nights there we have to disagree. They were all very courteous: after a general overview of the area with the map, Camal gave us only the information we were interested in and even advised against a tour that he felt would not be worth cramming into short time that we had there.
Considering that their room price is the same as other hotels nearby, and the quality of the room, staff, and hotel grounds is so nice, it's a steal!
Tip: call them to book directly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey