“A surprising experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flintstones Cave Hotel and Pension

You added Flintstones Cave Hotel and Pension to your Saves list
Flintstones Cave Hotel and Pension
3.0 of 5 Pension (B&B)   |   Uzundere Cad. Karsibucak Sok. No:3, Goreme 50180, Turkey   |
Ranked #33 of 74 Goreme B&B and Inns
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“A surprising experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

The rate was so cheap that I could expect nothing when I booked this hotel. When I arrived at the hotel at 1am, there was a very cool English speaking guide waiting for me and my husband. The room was so good and cute that I wanted to stay a little bit more at the city just to enjoy my room. The bathroom is very, very clean and good. The hotel does not do international phone calls, but they kept my mother quiet when she tried to contact me, telling her I arrived and was well. I loved the hotel. I really recommend!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
Utrecht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Beautful cave room, with jacuzzi, good bed (the first long enough for my husband). Great swimming pool & breakfast. Good information about the region. Good & central location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Of my 6 weeks in Turkey, The Flintstones Cave hotel and the wonderful team were by far the highlight of an incredible vacation.
Initially I stayed here with my friend, we had a beautiful cave room, incredibly comfortable with modern bathroom, looking on to the much loved swimming pool, both Mehmet Ali (owner) and Mehmet (Manager) were wonderful in organizing all of our desired and much anticipated adventures, hot air ballooning, horseriding, underground cities, hire car and detailed directions and advice on enjoying this divine paradise called Cappadoccia, all of which were far beyond our expectations for both value and most importantly experience after such a brilliant stay, I returned as a lone female traveller, (twice) to another fabulous private cave room and cannot express my great appreciation for the highly professional and genuinely caring service that I received, especially as a lone female. From the beautiful Emine cooking some of my most favorite Turkish dishes, including a very yummy breakfast, to the warm smiles of the hotel cleaners and the rest of the team patiently trying to teach me some Turkish and eagerly assisting my every need, to the management happily sharing the meaning of turkish culture, it was a constant dilema...should I lay by the pool...have a chat with the wonderful staff...enjoy the rustic charm of my room...or actually visit the wonderful sites
Do yourself a great favor by staying here and experience the true kindness and care of these wonderful people in this most brilliant hotel....

Room Tip: if choosing a private room go for a view of the swimming pool, mind you, all of the rooms I stayed i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is near the centre of goreme and prices is too low :)) it has a swimming pool and mr. Mehmet ali who is the owner of the hotel is very pleausure guy n hostile, place is very old butic n gothic architectural design and the best condition is u r in the centre of capadocia, now he is talkin with me n doesnt know what i writin bout on my iphone :))

• Stayed September 2011
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were somewhat disappointed with our experience. The staff is wonderful, but our room was dark and musty and a little dirty, the bed was rock hard, and the toilet was leaking and running the whole time we were there. There was noise late into the night and early in the morning right outside our room. The outdoor areas were nice, though also a little worn and dirty. The breakfast was probably the least impressive one we had in Turkey, and we stayed mostly at budget hotels. Overall, we probably got what we paid for, and we probably should have been willing to pay a little more. The cave experience was disappointing, and I've heard some cave rooms are magnificent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

A large group of us stayed in the Flintstones in February/March 2008. I have never forgotten the experience! Goreme is beautiful in the off season - especially in the snow. The snow adds to the otherworldly/lunar quality of the landscape. The Flintstones accommodation is probably lovely in the hot weather, but not suited to cold weather. We had a very large 'cave' room with a beautiful marble bathroom. However the radiator did not work properly, and there was a high up window that was letting the cold air in (gaps all around the frame) that not even my duct-tape could solve! It was too cold for comfort. We checked out that day and moved to another b&b (Elif Star Caves) - for warmth.

The rest of our party stayed. It seems our room had web better than most - some had frozen toilets. We used to join our friends during the week in the communal area of Flintstones. The young, sleazy men running Flintstones were always in a corner. The wood burner they had to heat that room was not efficient and I'm quite sure that carbon monoxide leake from it, due to the headaches and the waviness visible in the air in the room. Our friends gave them clothes to wash, only to get back still wet clothes at the end of the trip-the guys had tried to first dry the clothes outside (remember there was snow on the ground), and then in the communal room which never got warm enough.

With the swimming pool in the summer I'd say it's a good budget option. It was empty for obvious reasons when we were there - there a beautiful modern Turkish baths in the town. AVOID Flintstones if the weather's cold! The cave rooms are as impressive as the lovely, romantic one we stayed in Elif Star Cave across from Flintstones. Goreme is wonderful! The hot air ballon ride is a must!

Room Tip: The cave rooms here are not examples of true cave rooms in Goreme. I'd recommend to say in Elif...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Seriously, there's no way that you haven't a new experience at Flintstones Cave Hotel and Pension. Staff is so nice, swimming pool is so great, activities are so easy to book...do you need more reasons to choose Flintstones? We slept in dorms. Best deal ever breakfast inclued! Have a nice trip :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Flintstones Cave Hotel and Pension? Share your experiences!