“IT WAS JUST OK” 3 of 5 stars

Hakki Pasa MeydanI, Goreme, Turkey
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 78 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Bakeries
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Mableton, Georgia
“IT WAS JUST OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The night we choose to dine at the Cappadocia Pide Salonu, for me, was just ok. On a previous night, we had thought to dine at this restaurant, but decided to go elsewhere due to the size of the crowd and the seating selection. Therefore, we assumed that with such a large gathering, the food must be rather good. Not being an adventurous eater, I didn't try the pide. I was rather impressed with the way in which was served, but choose something else. So my experience was not that spectacular.
Even more disappointing was the service. After being seated, we had to wait for several minutes before the waitor took our orders. I was a little disappointed at this because there weren't that many patrons in the restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Icmeler, Turkey
“Nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had a meal here one night and the pides are great an my husband had a Testi,its a lamb dish served in a clay pot.They break it open onto your plateVery nice,and i got to bring the pots home with me,now sitting on my balcony.And not too expencive to eat there.

Visited June 2012
Midwestern State, USA
“Maybe I should have had the pide”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Important note: Although the word "pide" is in the name of the restaurant, I did not have pide. Mistake. Memo to me: when dining at a pide salon, order the pide. I had the mantı and it was not good, although I love mantı.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent Turkish pide pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

It is a treat just to watch how pides are made in this restaurant. The staff was friendly and generous and allowed me full access to shoot video of the process. But the best treat is the pide itself. The light and crispy dough is far superior to any American pizzas I have eaten. I would go to Goreme again just to have pide there. Watch my youtube video at:

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson AZ
“Great lunch place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This restaurant is easy to find and bakes their pide in an old-fashioned wood burning oven right in front of you. The service is good and the prices are reasonable; if looking for pide in Goreme, this is the place to go!

Visited May 2012