“The best hotel I have stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aydinli Cave House Hotel

You added Aydinli Cave House Hotel to your Saves list
Aydinli Cave House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Aydinli Mah. Aydinli Sok. No:12, Goreme 50180, Turkey   |
Special Price
Book direct at Hotel WEB
Ranked #1 of 69 Goreme B&B and Inns
Newcastle
“The best hotel I have stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

We were recommended this hotel by the tourist information at the bus depot in the town. The hotel was just magical. I would highly recommend staying.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Goreme, General Manager at Aydinli Cave House Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Paula,

Thank you for this great review! We are very pleased to see in göreme .and the experience of staying at Aydınlı Cave Hotel.
We hope to see you again .

Best regards,
Cem Demirci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

My daughter and I spent time at the Adydinli Cave House Hotel last week. Everything written on TripAdvisor is true and from now on in will be our benchmark of places we want to stay in.

Mustafa and Cem were delightful hosts. Both of them went out of their way to ensure we experienced their home and the Cappadocia area to the fullest.

We took the Green Tour and the Red Tour, both of which were recommended by Cem and it exceeded our expectations. We ate at the restaurant "Didek" and recommend it as well.

Their hotel is very charming, clean and with an absolute attention to detail. I would strongly recommend it.

Overall Cappadocia was a highlight of our two week stay in Turkey and having had the opportunity to meet Mustafa and Cem was the icing on the cake.

Risa

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this great review! We are very pleased to see that you've enjoyed your trip to Cappadocia and the experience of staying at AydınlıCave Hotel.
We hope to see you again among us.

Sıncerely,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

From the first moment I walked through the entrance of the Aydinli until I checked-out, the Demirci family (Mustafa, his wife, his son Cem, nephews Fatih and Efrem, youngest daughter and mother-in-law) made feel like I was a part of their family. Their kindness, generosity and warm hospitality will always be remembered. Although I was traveling solo, Mustafa, Cem, Fatih and Efrem kept me busy throughout my stay by providing a private tour to nearby villages, a hike in the Rose Valley (thank you, Fatih!), and spending a few hours helping in their 100+ year old family garden. They were very accommodating and tended to every little detail to ensure every hotel guest had a pleasant stay. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, nicely decorated, spacious and beds were quite comfortable. I stayed in the Seyirlik room (no. 6) with a private balcony which had a beautiful view of the Goreme. Thank you Moustafa, Cem, Fatih, Efrem, et al! I hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Dear Our Guest,

We hope to see you again among us.

Best regards,
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

We stayed for four nights and didn't want to leave. You can read the other reviews for descriptions of the place, but I do want to emphasize that this place is run by the nicest family who do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable.
Cem arranged our balloon ride (a must), and two daily tours. He even bought us tickets for the night bus out of Goreme and gave us a lift to the station.
This is a small hotel that has been a family home, so you are treated like a guest. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review! We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave Hotel. We hope to see you again in Cappadocia.

Sİncerely,
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

I stayed here with my parents for 5 days in mid-August.

We had a really fantastic time, and were amazed at how helpful everyone here was. Mustafa (owner) and his son Cem (who runs the hotel) were so kind and helped arrange everything for us. Mustafa took us on a personal tour of the area, including the Ihlara Valley - he is an expert on the area.

Cem was more than happy to drive us out and drop us off everyday at the start of walks around the area (Rose Valley, Pigeon Valley, at the top of Uchisar etc) and even pick us up again from the valleys that didn't lead into Goreme (Devrent to Pasabag).

They also arranged our balloon flight for us, with the safest company in the area, for a great price.

We would 100% recommend a stay at Aydinli to anyone travelling to Cappadocia. Goreme is a beautiful village with a nice community feeling. Aydinli is a comfortable, cozy and traditional home, run by the best bunch of people you could hope for!

Dear Mark,

Hope to see you again in Cappadocia.

Kind regards,
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Wow! I am in my mid-fifties and have stayed in hundreds of hotels, but this is now my all time favorite! My family of three stayed two nights (August 3-5) in room 2. We really wanted, especially my daughter, to stay in a cave room and chose Aydinli based on the pictures of room 2. When we arrived we were very happy to discover that the room looks even better in person (photos for each room are available at their web site). While possible, it is very difficult to believe that there is a more beautiful cave room in Cappadocia. The bathroom, probably the size of our entire hotel room in Istanbul, even came with a Jacuzzi. . The room also comes with a very nice sitting area just outside the front door. The room itself is very large and comes with a smaller room, reached through a large archway, where my daughter slept. All of the small nooks and crannies and attention to detail are amazing. According to the owner, Mustafa, this was his family’s home while he was growing up and room 2 was the room used by his family during the cold winter months

Aydinli is located next to the Kelebek at an elevation higher than most of Goreme and as a result there is an excellent view of Goreme from the breakfast terrace. The breakfast was very good and it was a real pleasure to have breakfast on the terrace each morning.

The physical qualities of the 6 rooms at Aydinli are matched by the service and assistance provided by Mustafa, his son Cem, and everyone else who worked there. Mustafa made it clear at the beginning of our stay that this was his home while growing up and that we should consider it ours during our stay. The service could not have been any better. Perhaps this is a reflection of the fact that Mustafa also manages a 4 star hotel. For example, I had not made any arrangements for transportation from the Kayseri Airport to Goreme. So, the day prior to our arrival I emailed Mustafa asking about our options. I received a very quick response advising me that the best option, a private bus transfer, had been arranged should I want it. Unfortunately, our plane was more than an hour late in arriving at Kayseri and the bus service did not wait for us. Mustafa, who had given me his cell phone number, made a number of calls to both the Istanbul and Kayseri airports trying to find out if we were on the plane and where we were located so that he could make other arrangements. Cem also spent a good deal of time providing us with information about different things we could do in Cappadocia, including private tours. In addition, when we mentioned that we were going to have dinner at Dibek, Mustafa called his brother-in law, who either manages or owns it, to make a reservation for us. He also made arrangements for our transfer back to the airport.

In summary, everything was perfect and I recommend Aydinli to anyone traveling to Goreme.

Dear Our Guest,

Hope to see you again in Cappadocia.

Kind regards,
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Aydinli cave house truly deserves the 1st place at Göreme hotels! Casual, friendly and relaxed atmosphere, spacious & cosy rooms and breakfast at the roof terrace something to remember. All in all -- I am very happy that such personalities as the owner of this place: Cem and his father Mustafa exist! They really made our stay at Aydinli a special one.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for this great review! We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed staying at Aydinli Cave.
Looking forward to meeting you again in Cappadocia,

Best wishes,
Cem Demirci

Been to Aydinli Cave House Hotel? Share your experiences!