Elifstar is a boutique budget hotel in the town of Goreme. It is conveniently located at about 500m from the bus station and the main market. The prices are also quite reasonable.
It is a kind of family run hotel with a homely atmosphere. We were welcomed by the (lady) Manager, who was nice and let a little before their check-in time. We wanted to have a wash, though the room hadn't been readied - not a problem for as we had been given the family room with 4-beds despite being just 2 of us. We also had a nice little balcony attached. Though the Initially we too felt that the manager was a bit abrasive, we quickly realised it was her enthusiasm to abide by the owner's rules and her limited English skills.
However, the guy who actually runs the operation (a non-family professional), Omer is awesome. Very cordial and helpful, and always has yes for an answer with a smile on his face. Is good with English as well. His hospitality easily makes up for everything else. We wanted to cook our own food and he organised everything for us. We wanted to stay for a few hours more and he negotiated it with his Manager (after a lot of haggling with the Manager though!).
Elifstar also prepares breakfast freshly based on our order from a set menu. It was nice to have a hot omelette after having bread and jam through most of our Turkey trip. Omer again takes great care to ensure that it is served right.
The Manager too offered us some complimentary tea and gave us some handy tips, despite her linguistic short-comings. It was here that we saw that while she was well-intentioned, it didnt always appear so thanks to her English.
Overall, while Elifstar is a cozy, homestay-ish property which offers good value. Am sure you will enjoy it if there are your expectations.
- Also Known As:
- Elif Star Caves Hotel
- Elif Star Caves Goreme
- Elif Star Caves Hotel Goreme
- Elif Star Caves Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With views over Goreme, the family-run Elif Star Cave Hotel has a terrace and a restaurant. It offers traditionally decorated rooms and free Wi-Fi in all areas. Goreme Bus Terminal is within 5 minutes' walk. The cave rooms at Elif Star are heated and feature traditional textiles, parquet floors and carpets. All rooms have their own private bathroom with toilet and shower. Each is decorated with a combination of Ottoman and Greek interior style. A traditional Turkish breakfast with eggs, olives, honey and jam is served daily. The hotel's a la carte restaurant also serves traditional home made dishes like kofte and fresh local trout. Dining is possible either indoors or at the open courtyard with flowers. The reception works 24 hours aday, provides room service. Laundry and ironing services are available upon request, at an extra charge. Guests can relax in the garden and enjoy scenic views of Goreme from the hotel's balconies. Hotel Elif Star Cave also organises hot air balloon rides and daily Cappadocia tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Elif Star Caves reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.