“Great pool area and views” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kolin Hotel

You added Kolin Hotel to your Saves list
Kolin Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bogazkent Mevki Kepez, Canakkale Merkez, Canakkale 17100, Turkey   |
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Canakkale
East Maitland, Australia
“Great pool area and views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The rooms are spacious, clean and the views are great. Wonderful pool area overlooking the sea. Unfortunately, the bed was hard and uncomfortable and I didn't like the fact there was no top sheet, so it was difficult to get the right sleeping temperature balance with the air conditioner and the bedspread.

The breakfast buffet was good and plentiful - I always take a small clip lock back to breakfast and throw in something to eat later in the morning.

One odd thing is that hotel management do not like guests buying food, snacks or drinks from the local supermarket and will confiscate your shopping bag if they spy it on your return to the hotel. Advise is to take a back pack and place any shopping in the backpack so they cannot see it. They do return your shopping when you leave the hotel - they just want you to buy everything at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Matteson, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant. I stayed there as part of a tour group. The hotel is very large and the distance between the dining room and my room was long. We arrived in the early evening so we were not able to enjoy all that the hotel had to offer. The room and the property was clean. That fact alone is priceless and a must for me in my travels. My bed was comfortable. I found that most of the hotels that I stayed in had beds that were harder than I am use to, but somehow I had a very restful night sleep anyway I was not aware that we had such a beautiful view of the sea until the I opened the curtains. WOW!!!! I think the view was absolutely beautiful. I think this is a place that many tour groups use. We did not have any problem with check in. It was quick and orderly and the front desk staff was helpful. The buffet was really good. Large selection to choose from. Wait service was good. My only regret is that I did not have the opportunity to explore the area outside of the hotel due to time constraints. I enjoyed my stay at the Kolin although it was only overnight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for just one night with a tour group. My room was good, with a view over the Dardanelles. I thought the dinner and breakfast buffets were excellent - just too much to choose from! You can stroll along the car-free waterfront promenade with direct access from the hotel. There is a large supermarket opposite, with cash-machines.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The best part about this hotel was the lovely view over the sea. The rooms were small but the beds were comfortable. The dinner and breakfast buffets were fairly average but there is nowhere else around the hotel to eat so you are stuck.
As with most of the so called 5 star in Turkey the towels are threadbare and the bathrooms tiny.
This hotel was very overpriced and caters to all the large tour groups.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a large hotel with lots of people and not very relaxing. The room was clean and comfortable and the room was huge. We had a view over the sea and it was very nice.

The breakfast room is full on business with two breakfast rooms catering to alot of people at once.

I would stay elsewhere only because I didn't feel relaxed in this hotel due to the number of people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
gagadju
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The room I stayed in at this hotel was spacious, bed and pillows were comfortable although bed linen were rather threadbare. But perhaps it was only in this room and the standard may have been better in others. The room came with the standard amenities that is found in most hotels. My room faced the ocean and swimming pool. It had a fantastic view of the Dardanelles. The room upon closer inspection was really dusty including floor and furniture.

The night I stayed at this hotel, there was a huge wedding reception by the pool side and so the music was really loud and as I'm a light sleeper it was very difficult to sleep through the merriment. Fortunately, the music and the party concluded around midnight.

There is a bar/club up on the top floor and from there you can go to the rooftop and catch the sun setting beyond the Dardanelles, lovely view from the top of this hotel.

The buffet breakfast and dinner here was delicious, my only complaint would be that the bottled water had things floating in them which I didn't notice until I poured it into my glass. When I requested another bottle of water, the waitstaff brought it promptly but there were the same floaters in the water. Upon closer inspection, I realised that the lid and seal was already opened even though the bottle was full, so the staff just re-filled their bottles. They did not provide us with fresh sealed bottles of water. I felt that this was poor for a five star hotel and rather dodgy.

Overall, this is a good hotel for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Traralgon, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a group tour of Turkey. Our room was lovely with a view of the Dardanelles and of the pool and manicured grounds. Both the room and bathroom were large and very clean. We had a drink up at the rooftop bar and we were the only ones there- amazing view. Buffet breakfast and dinner had a good selection of food. The hotel is out of town but has a supermarket and a few shops across the road. They have a no outside food and drinks policy but they don't search your bag. I did take a bottle of water in my bag but only because I drink heaps and didn't want to buy so many bottles at their inflated prices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Kolin Hotel? Share your experiences!