“Friendly Staff, Fantastic Location” 5 of 5 stars

Anzac Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Saat Kulesi Meydani 8, Canakkale 17100, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Canakkale
Perth, Australia
“Friendly Staff, Fantastic Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I didn't actually stay at this hotel, I just left my luggage there after a tour to Gallipoli.
However, the staff was soooo unbelievably friendly and helpful - allowing me to store my luggage, sit in the lobby and use the facilities (toilets, wifi, etc) while I waited over half a day for my night bus. They gave some great recommendations on how to kill time in Eceabat, whilst also sharing their advice on other places I was about to travel to in Turkey. If I'm ever back in this charming little town, I will certainly stay there. Fantastic staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Riverhead, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Driving to the hotel is hard, and difficult to find, narrow roads don't help, but I did get a water view room also the view of the street lights of the city, at night that was not too pleasent if you want to sleep, light restricting window blinds would have been a good idea, but were non existant. The room was very small, the smallest of all the hotels I had stayed at in my travels this trip. The staff was helpfull. Room was clean, wifi once the staff reset the wifi in the whole hotel then it worked. Breakfast was standard to soso, the eggs were bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
yusufkayaalp, Manager at Anzac Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest ,

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback for your stay at Anzac Hotel. We do appologize that your room experience was not up to your expectation. Please be sure that we take our customer's comments very seriously.
Anzac Hotel is located in the very center of Canakkale city center, consequently the roads are narrow in order to prevent parking on the roads, besides we have 3 large nearby private car parks therefore parking cars is not a problem. Since we are city center hotels, mostly the rooms are considerably smaller than resort or hotels far apart from the center. In Anzac Hotel the room sizes range between 18 sqm and 24 sqm. The room you have stayed was 22 sqm including bathroom. Breakfast quality is one of our top priorities, and you can be sure about the freshness and quality of each product on the buffet. Sometimes after a busy moment, the apperance of the buffet may not be seen very proper and this may negatively effect your thoughts on our breakfast.

Once again we would like to appoligize for your disatisfaction, and would be happy to welcome you again in order to prove our quality.

Kind Regards ,
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Chora Travel booked me a one-night stay at Anzac Hotel following a tour of Gelibolu. I took the ferry over from Gelibolu. Having the clock tower as the landmark made it very easy to find the Anzac Hotel, even for someone who was as travel-worn as me that day.

The lady at Anzac Hotel reception was very friendly and took the time to explain to me what is around the area, including food options and tourist services. She also provided me with a few brochurs, including one on Gelibolu (even though I had taken the tour earlier that day, I still appreciated the extra information), Cannakale, and Troy (which gave me advanced information for the tour scheduled the following day). I was excited to see that I could actually walk to see the "Troy" horse. A nice gentleman assisted with my luggage to my room. The "Troy"(movie) wooden horse is about a five-minute walk to the center of the city and I did not have any problems locating it using the map provided by reception. It was nice to also see a model of what one of the Troia settlements looked like. I'm glad I was able to do this bit of sightseeing after check in because we did not have time to do this prior to or after our Troy tour the following day.

The room had a full and twin bed, so was quite cozy. There is a mini-fridge and mini-bar and a flat screen TV. I had a third floor room on the street side and it was a bit noisy, but that did not bother me. Internet connection in the room was strong. Breakfast, which starts at 7:00 a.m., was nicely laid out and with a diversity of options and there was staff around to assist if you needed anything.

If you are looking for a budget hotel that is centrally-located, book a room at Anzac Hotel.

Room Tip: If street noise bothers you, pick a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
yusufkayaalp, Manager at Anzac Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Carmel ,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments. We are all very happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and do appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you again in Anzac Hotel

San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived in Canakkale without a hotel booking and walked into the Anzac hotel off the street. They were very welcoming and accomodating.

This hotel is in the heart of the city, excellent location. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and transportation.

Rooms are very nice - comfortable, clean and spacious. Breakfast was good with a lot of variety.

Would stay her again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest ,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments. We are all very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and do appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you again in Anzac Hotel

Antalya, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This small hotel has one of the best locations in city. Very clean, well prepared breakfast, good value, and very helpful staff. Especially good for those who intend to travel in Gelibolu, Anzac Bay because they help with their private tours.

Room Tip: Not a room on the street side because of the noise from the harbour and street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tuncay Savtak ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a feedback. We are delighted to hear that you choosed Anzac Hotel as a BEST LOCATION in Çanakkale. We would be happy to see you again in Anzac Hotel.

Best Regards ,
Guest Relatioons Department
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Small cheap hotel with clean room and very good service.
Excellent location in a middle of everything. It was for only one night and we didn't regret it.
Breakfeast : just ok but included so...
It's not a wow hotel, we liked it for its value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

It is a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

we arrived in canakkale by our 2 bikes from Istanbul and followed the advices of Lonely planet guide which wrote that the receptionist was informed and kind and it was really true: the smiling Seray helped us in a lot of infos and convinced us to stay there by showing a quite cute room,clean and with very good price..we needed to recover our bikes in a safe place and she first Led us with a bellboy Who brought all our luggage to the room,then helped us to Find the bike parking in the marvellous garden of their close historical hotel kervansaray in wich if you ask,you can have breakfast even if you sleep and pay in the more basic style of the anzac... however the breakfast was gorgeous,with all typical products very well cooked... thanks of the hospitality of Seray which also offered us 2 helma chai just arrived,everything has been pleasant!!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

I hereby would like to express my pleasure to see that you have enjoyed your overall stay at Anzac Hotel as this motivates us to do better in the future. We Would be glad to welcome you again in Anzac Hotel.

Guest Relations Department

Been to Anzac Hotel? Share your experiences!