“Kusadasi must see” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kusadasi

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

Kusadasi, Turkish Aegean Coast, Turkey
DATE: August, 2008
REVIEWER: puschke
We were first time at Turkey and sure not the last time.We selected Kusadasi for our vacation place and we were right in every sense.It's a wonderful place to be in.Kusadasi is a mix of traditional and modern Turkey.During summer there are hundreds of thousands people in the city,majority of them are tourists from all over the world,so you can also see a mix of different cultures.Residents of Kusadasi are very friendly and pleasant.One of interesting things in Kusadasi is shopping.You can find everything to buy from leather jackets to watches(original fakes) at very low prices.Another plus is Kusadasi's location around which is a lot of historic sights like Ephesus,Pammukale and many other world known sights.Best location for hotel is in the city center not on many beaches around the city.Go there you won't regret .

London, United Kingdom
“Our Kusadasi holiday was made by our honest and friendly taxi driver, Ali Belce!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

We had a great time at the Surmeli Efes Hotel. We were a bit apprehensive about going out and about as it was our first visit to Turkey. But we found a lovely, honest and all round top taxi driver who took us to Ephesus and then to Selcuk and Sirince nearby, basically who was with us the whole day and really was friendly, pleasant and did it all for a really good price. I know that if youre going to Kusadasi he will look after you for your trip. We all went into the town 2 days later and my husband went up the hairpin bend to the statue on the top which overlooks bird island, Ali was driving by and took him and made sure the kids didnt pick his pockets or steal his camera and brought him down again! It was so nice to find people who do stuff just to help you. His name is Ali Belce and if you want to email me I will give you his number. I have to say seeing the real Turkey made our holiday. We went to watch traditional ceramics being made and enjoyed amazing hospitality in Sirence at a local winemakers store. We did a day trip on the Big Baba boat (and it was at the entrance to the boat harbour where the taxi rank is where Ali and his dad works.) the boat trip was really good value and the food was lovely we left at 10am got back at 5pm and we had food and as many soft drinks as we wanted for £12 each as there were 4 of us. One couple we met live in Kusadasi and go on the Big Baba at least once every summer. I can recommend it as a brilliant day out.

London, United Kingdom
“Kusadasi and why I love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

I first went to Kusadasi in May 2005 and since then I've been back 6 times. Plus I have another holiday planned there for this summer. I fell in love with the resort as soon as I stepped off the coach from the airport. Everything about the place made me feel welcome and that's why I keep going back. The locals are so friendly. They all remember you and your name. As soon as you walk into a shop or restaurant it's always 'welcome back, great to see you again'. That to me is one of Kusadasi's biggest selling points. The People!! For me now it's like a home away from home. I've gotten to know the resort pretty well at this stage and here are some of my tips for anyone planning their first trip over there.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, you must get a turkish bath. They are amazing. They leave you feeling very refreshed and for those sun whorshipers out there, they do wonders for your tan! Just make sure you get one at the start of your holiday!

My favourite places to stay are the Sea Pearl Hotel or the Palmin Hotel. They are amazing hotels, very family friendly with large pool areas so there's no fighting over sun loungers. Each of them have a kiddies club so mams and dads can get a break to relax during the day and every evening there's entertainment. All hotels in the resort have a BBQ night. These usually happen on a wednesday. They are great fun and very good value for money. It's usually around 25lira for an all you can eat buffet and your nights entertainment.

If you'd prefere a more private type of accomodation there are many villas available to rent in Kusadasi and at very reasonable prices. The best areas to rent a villa would be in the Ladies Beach and Long Beach areas.

There are pleanty of things to do during the day. Ladies Beach is really nice. It's got a large selection of restaurants for a bite to eat and there's pleanty of water sports to keep you busy. Long beach is slightly quieter but still has lots of water sports too.
Adaland Aqua Park is another great day out. They have a separate park with a seal and dolphin show which is amazing!
The boat trips are also worth doing and there are pleanty of places around to find out more info. I haven't done any of the trips to Effesus or Pamukale myself so I can't comment on them but I'm lead to believe they are worth the trip.

Dinning out - my favourite restaurant by far is Saray's. It has a range of all types of food from turkish to mexican and everything in between! I could go on and on about this restaurant but I won't. All I'll say is if you go to Kusadasi don't come home without eating here at least once! Other good restaurants are Planet Yukka, China Garden and the Castle.

Nightime Entertainment - Every resort has a bar street and Kusadasi in no different. Jimmy's Bar is the biggest and probably the best but there's pleanty more to try aswell. There's lots of little cafe bars along the main street if you'd prefere a quiet drink and for something a little different check out the Drag Show in Roxy's bar. It's hilarious!!

Last but by no means least is the Shopping!!! It's what Turkey's famous for. There's pleanty of bargins to be had just don't be afraid to haggle them down!!

I could tell you loads more so if you have any question please just ask!

Staffordshire
“Kusadasi, Turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

Kusadasi is a fun place to visit with lots to see and do. There are many places to stay and many places to eat. I usually stay at the family run Fortin Hotel. It is a simple style hotel but is always clean and well presented. Just 5 minutes walk into town it is in the Friday market area. The family are very welcoming (hence the reason I go back every year). Kusadasi is a much better place to visit now that the 'No Hassle' rules have been introduced. Tourists are no longer hassled in the street and this makes it a much nicer place to walk around. There are many shops selling all manner of different goods from traditional crafts and souvenirs, leather goods, jewellery etc. I also visit the hairdressers when I go as this is much cheaper than in the UK.
Eating out is cheap and the portions are BIG! I usually eat at the Casablanca or Castle restaurants - both good value. There are 2 Burger Kings if you just fancy a takeaway.

Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Wanna buy a rug?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

While on our cruise to Europe (Italy, Greece, Turkey and Croatia via Holland America, our port stop in Kusadasi Turkey was one to remember (or should that be, to forget?) From the moment we stepped off the ship, the hard sell began. We could barely walk a few steps without some merchant trying to sell us something. At first, it was entertaining; a little later it was sickening. We spent most of our day saying "no thank you" and being bullied into buying something. I realize that this is their culture, but it was beyond belief. Ephesis was gorgeous, and very hostorical. But the stop at a turkish rug shop was endless. If you happen to go this way via cruise, do yourself a favor and stay on the boat!

Been to Kusadasi? Share your experiences!