“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Club Scala Nuova

Save Saved
You added Club Scala Nuova to your Saves list
Club Scala Nuova
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Turkmen Mah. Turgut Ozal BulvarI Cevre Yolu No:73, Kusadasi 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #66 of 149 Hotels in Kusadasi
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Positives:
- location
- staff helpful as possible given constraints.
- cheap considering it was 1 week all inclusive.
- food good. If you want typically western / fast food you may struggle. If you like fresh salads, soups and grilled meats then you'll enjoy although and a decent variety.
- room size. This may be hit and miss but mine was of a decent size.
- animation team. Not the best but would probably be better with a bit more planning and some more audience participation.

Areas for improvement:
- room was not great. Massive gaps in laminate flooring where it should join, lots of mould in bathroom. Definitely in desperate need of refurb. Again think this is hit and miss.
- drinks served in very small plastic disposable cups. Not very sustainable nor very nice to drink from.
- room tidied but not properly cleaned in a week. Other people's hair in the bed and on the floor. Not enough towels. Basic things.
- loud. No soundproofing and doors easily carried by a breeze so lots of slamming at all hours of the day / night
Overall an average place with lots of room for improvement but this takes time. Ok for r&r but I would have been disappointed if this were my main summer holiday.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed in Turkey before and so I expected a 4* to be basic but not that basic!
My partner has not been to Turkey before and it has put him off returning. I am sorry that he has the impression that all hotels will be like this in Turkey.
The best bit was the view from the room and location was great. I would not recommend it to families or the elderly. I saw people tripping over all the time and one lady cut her leg quite badly, they couldn't even offer her a plaster. Luckily I had some. The lifts were never working and the stairs were a challenge.
The toilets next to the Restaurant hadn't been cleaned for 3 days despite me pointing this out to staff. We arrived before 11pm and there was no food. They put a bit of tomatoe and salami in a box for us! There was one sheet on the bed which didn't fit so I slept in my dressing gown as I did not want to lie on a mattress. I had to ask 3 different people to get some sheets. We had to ask for clean towels most days. There was no entertainment and the chef served afternoon snacks (leftovers from lunch) while smoking a cigarette. We managed to find something to eat. Luckily we both like salad. Don't go if you don't like salad. The restaurant was fairly clean as well.
The worst thing for me was that they run out of vodka for 2 days and I had to see the Manager to get some, the barman wasn't bothered. It wasn't as if I drank much at the Hotel as we went out most of the time and I don't drink in the day. Kusadasi is lovely and I would go again but not to this hotel. If we wanted a drink at the Hotel we ended up having it on our balcony as it was so scruffy by the outside bar. I have never complained about a hotel on Trip advisor before but I actually feel it is my duty to do this. Every person we spoke to at the Hotel said they would never stay again and those who had not been to Turkey before were put off staying in turkey again. I would like to know who rated it as a 4*. They are having a laugh

Room Tip: Don't have a high floor room as the lifts never work. Get a sea view if you can
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Just returned from a week at this hotel, you get what you pay for. Rooms were okay (5514), food was warm, basic and repetitive, staff looked like they didn't care they were rude unless your was a Turkish guest. There was one waiter who looked a bit iffy he kept asking guests for cigarettes and at one point took them from a female guests packet with out asking. Drinks was served in plastic tumblers or paper cups for coffee you only got a glass for wine and beer at dinner. Entertainment was rubbish the pool was freezing and you had to move around the pool while sun bathing to be in the sun all day, if you want to lay in the sun all day you had to stay in the garden. We had to ring reception twice to get more loo roll and when they arrived they brought an ash tray? Town is in walking distance but you need a taxi back as its all up hill but it cost 10-12 TL so cheap.
We will go back to the area but not to this hotel we found nicer ones near the sea front.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just got back from two week holiday at this hotel. Overall we had great time, but there are a few issues with this hotel. We've been to turkey previously so knew not to expect too much for the money we paid.
Rooms - bit basic and in need of modernising but still sufficient. We were in 5508 and had great view of harbour. Heard some horror stories from other guests about their rooms but to be honest ours was fine. Cleaned and fresh towels most days.
Food - beakfast lunch and evening meal we found to be fine. Could probably do with a bit more variation/refinement but again you get what you pay for.
Pool - when i go on holiday to a country like turkey i want a freezing cold pool and thats exactly what we got. Couldnt fault the pool at all. Possibly could add a couple of slides for adults/older children but other than that fine. Nice selection of music too.
Bar facilities - serve drinks in plastic cups, but at the end of the day its still drink inside it.
Daytime animation team - music on poolside and water polo for the adults. Animation team really need to do more especially for kids. The girl and guy they have doing the job seem more interested in applying for a role as extras in baywatch than actually doing stuff with the kids. Totally useless.
Shows at night - usually from about 2130 until 2300 when the bar closes quite varied from bingo, race nights, circus shows etc. Kids love these shows.
Overall as I said you get what you pay for so cant complain too much but this hotel could be so much better if they got a decent animation team in and modernise the accommodation. At the end of the day, an ok place to stay if you get a decent room.
Considering all of the above we probably wouldnt go back, but still enjoyed our time there.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I travelled to Kusadasi with a group of friends and stayed at this hotel. I didn't have high expectations as it was very cheap for all inclusive. It didn't start that well with a broken lift but our rooms were clean, quite modern and it was exactly what we needed. Food was a little basic but we always found something to eat and only ate out once. I don't understand some reviews on here - if you pay under £400 for a week all inclusive, you can't expect 5 star accommodation and food. We loved our time here and would definitely return.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Keep well clear of this so called hotel .Had to stay there for 5 nights after our original hotel was over booked.The first room they offered us I would not put my dog in it for the night.The second room I slept on the sofa for the night as was not sure what lurked in the bed.the third room was not to bad but the food was to put it mildlywas just terrible.

Room Tip: Do not go near the place
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will make this quick We went to club Scala nuova 15 sept.restaurant was basic every meal was the same COLD we ate out more times then in the restaurant every plate had chips on them cups was dirty.The pool was freezing cold the lights by the rooms didn't always work neither did the lift.If you require wheelchair accessible areas forget it, no matter where you want to go you had to climb stairs. Rooms did get cleaned until 6pm when your normally getting ready to go out.I definitely will not be going back.Save your money and go somewhere nice

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Scala Nuova? Share your experiences!