“So good it was like coming home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anzac Golden Bed Pension

You added Anzac Golden Bed Pension to your Saves list
Anzac Golden Bed Pension
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Camiatik Mah. Ugurlu Sok. No.1 | Cikmazi 4, Kusadasi 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #10 of 60 Kusadasi B&B and Inns
melbourne
“So good it was like coming home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We loved every minute with Sandra and Reçep and the two dogs Takos and Suti. It was like returning home each afternoon. We would debrief our days adventures with Sandra and Reçep along with other guests over a cold beer or two and it would undoubtedly be a hilarious relaxing end to a great day. We shared so many memorable moments, from interactions with the neighbours to cooking meals in the kitchen. The rooms are simple with a lovely balcony. The rooftop terrace is the focal point for breakfast and interaction with fellow guests. The baby mezzanine area is a cosy corner for reading or chilling out. Only two minutes from the buzz of Kusadasi but far enough away to relax and unwind. Just perfect. Thank you Sandra and Reçep for some very wonderful memories

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fethiye, Mugla, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I loved this little property as soon as I arrived- Sandra was so welcoming ably assisted by her staff . We had drinks on the wonderful rooftop terrace and felt at home immediately. Sandra was very helpful with explianig everything. Nightmare to reach with a car but not the hotels fault so should not put you off and as we did make it to the front door they let us leave our car there- where else would you get that!
Clean and comfortable bedrooms- yes the call to prayer is heard but you are in Turkey and it happens everywhere- no matter whether you are in 5 star or 1 star- you will hear it and the dogs always seem to like to form a choir.Isn't that the joy of travelling and enjoying other cultures.
Loved it and would definitely return. Well done Sandra - great place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

t is small family hotel, rooms are clean, staff is helpfull and friendly. The location of hotel is perfect, few minutes to city center and main street with caffes and restourants. We had a big balcony with a chairs. The hotel has small swiming pool also Perfect place to stay !Exceptional. The service and friendliness is some of the best I have experienced in the world.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I found out about this place by word-of-mouth in Australia. Emailed directly and got a booking. It turned out to be awesome! The hostess came to collect us from the ferry so we didn't get lost on the up hill walk. Its in a great location, very close to everything. Inside there are stairs, however its very easy to get around inside. The rooftop was awesome for breakfast & at night. The staff were amazing and I will totally continue to spread good word-of-mouth for Sandra's hospitality. We stayed back in March 2010, just can't put that date in the timeline

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-October with my other half. We arrived very late at night and had a little difficulty finding the place because we had a car and the streets in Kusadasi can be quite narrow. I wouldn't recommend parking your car by the hostel, it's safe but can be quite an ordeal finding your way there, especially when there are other parked cars blocking access to some back roads.

Despite the late arrival, our host, Sandra, came out and directed us where to park. She was extremely accommodating and super friendly. We checked in and found the rooms to be quite simple but also very comfortable, containing everything we could need.

Do not be surprised if you are woken mid-morning by the call to prayer (although the guy did have a great voice!!) from the local Mosque. Also, there was a little noise from a nearby nightclub during the early hours of the morning, but it didn't disturb me for more than a minute or 2.

In the morning Sandra prepared an absolutely delicious Turkish breakfast on her rooftop terrace. There is a beautiful view from there and you couldn't ask for a better spot to relax with your morning coffee, over-looking the city and bay.

The guesthouse is very conveniently located. It is literally about a 2 minute walk to the main drag containing bars, souvenir shops and restaurants. She is a ready source of great recommendations so don't be shy about asking her the best place to go for a drink or a meal.

All in all it was a great spot to stay and if I was to return there then I'd definitely stay with her again. You couldn't really ask for a better, more convenient location. Sandra was a great host and it was very reasonably priced. The only downsides being the inconvenience of having a car and the little bit of noise.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a mini balcony!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
El Campo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

You'll feel a little like you're being taken on a wild goose chase from the ferry to the hotel, but once you're there ... you're home! When we arrived, owner Sandra called down from the rooftop about the night's bar-b-que on the rooftop. Little did we know, it would be an evening meeting a cast of lovely travelers sharing awesome views of Kushadasi. By American standards, the rooms are tiny, but we are travelers not tourists so we adapted just fine. Everything was clean and we had enough room to function, but our best time was spent out and about sightseeing, dining, and on the rooftop taking in the view. I had an Ephesus tour booked and was running late, and Sandra and her awesome dog Takos literally ran with me down to catch my bus so I wouldn't miss it. Great service!

Room Tip: Whether its hot or not, plan to use the air conditioner because the city is too bright and too loud...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have booked a double room for the night of 8th August for my family. First I have called them and in the phone a lady called Sandra asked me to send an e mail to book the room and said this would be enough for them to keep the room. I have a trail of conversation in my mail box, that clearly states that I booked the room and my family will arrive around midnight. And when they arrive to the door of the hotel, they said they sold the room!!! Can you believe this?? What a reckless, shameless behaviour!! Since we have not paid any money, we couldn't claim the room, but it was them who said e mail is enough!
They believe in money and nothing else. And that lady called Sandra. Shame on her! Finally my family have stayed in the house of an acquaintance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Aegeanhospitality, Owner at Anzac Golden Bed Pension, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
My policies states the hours of checking in at my hotel.
As it was the Bayram Celebration, I had already turned away over 50 potential guests from the early hours of the morning up until 11pm. As there were people waiting for a room after this time, I opened the room for other guests.
Many people at this time of year reserve rooms and never show.
As you said yourself, you arrived at around midnight and I had no guarantee .
Should I keep all my rooms empty in the hope that guests will keep their word after hours.....

Been to Anzac Golden Bed Pension? Share your experiences!