“Can't really fault this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Goldenday Wings

Save Saved
You added Hotel Goldenday Wings to your Saves list
Hotel Goldenday Wings
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Turkmen Mahallesi Hasan Reis Bulvari No 15, Kusadasi, Turkey   |
Ranked #5 of 148 hotels in Kusadasi
Dublin
“Can't really fault this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend back in May 2012. I have mostly good things to say about this place. Or room was a good size, with comfortable beds, decent wardrobe space and a small, but sufficient, space to eat, should you order food to the room,
The bathroom, wasn't huge, but was decent and had a good shower.
Our view was amazing, and it was lovely to sit on the balcony and have a drink as the sunset across the marina.
The pool area was lovely, and lively. My friend tended to sleep most of the day away (as most people do in kusadasi!) so I often went down to the pool alone to read and lounge. The staff kept the area entertained with games and activities, but never forced you to join in if it wasn't your thing. I was more than happy to just sit back and watch what was going on, and the staff were more than happy for me just to spectate.
In the lobby there is a small shop, selling food and drinks, and some toiletries. It's slightly more expensive than other shops, but then again, you pay for the convenience of finding everything you need without leaving the hotel. There is also a hairdressers at the hotel. I didn't use it myself but my friend had a wash and blow dry and was very happy with the results.
The receptionist has a dry wit, but she was helpful.
I was slightly put out as I am a bit of an Internet addict, and the wifi was out of action for the first 5days I was there. Also, I have to be honest in saying I wouldn't really rate the hotel food highly. It was ok, and it filled a gap when we were too lazy to go elsewhere, but at best I'd give the food a 5 out of 10.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel, and actually plan to return this year. I have recommended it to friends, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to trip advisor users.

Room Tip: If its possible, ask for a room on the top floors, purely because of the view - it is breathtaking
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was amazing , we arrived the last 2 weeks in June ! Hotel staff were great, entertainment was brilliant couldn't have been better, food was fab, overall this was just lovely! This was my 3rd time to go to turkey but my first time to stay in this hotel I would definitely return, would highly recommend this hotel!! Really enjoyed my stay....

• Stayed June 2012
mullagh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I couldn't have asked for more from this hotel. Their hospitality was impeccable and the rooms were sublime.
You are taken off from the airport on a bus and at your arrival, the staff come out and leave your bags beside your bed while you can go and get some dinner/breakfast.

Then the morning is a delight. I arrived at 6 in the morning the first day so I didn't go to bed and I watched the sun rise is was amazing.

The pool is a perfect temperature and has a great slide.

It was cleaned daily and shined afterwards. The location is far enough away from the market so your now is the bustle but still within walking distance. Its also next door to a shuttle bus stop which is a bus which takes you anywhere is Kusadasi every 3 minutes for 30c!!!

Value for money---- Definitly you get full value , this is a bargain hotel. GO THERE NOW... BOOK IT.

Breakfast is a small bit of a let down but thats because I am a fussy eater. There was plenty of option.

Lunch and Dinner were very reasonably priced and delicious.

Wednesday afternoons are barbecues at the hotel and they put on a great show for dinner. Definitley go to this.

ONE THING - Do not get your haircut in the in-hotel barber. The women is mean and bad.

The staff get to know you by name and during the day time they play games with all the hotel-goers which is great fun including water aerobics and races in the pool etc.

Kusadasi is a fabulous resort and so much to do there, I don't know where to begin describing Kusadasi.

Definitly go to the water parks and swim with dolphins for great prices!

The rooms and service and food in this hotel is perfect and I congratulate them for their success in such a good hotel.

Also- I forgot to mention,,, go to the in-hotel spa. :)

Happy Holidays! :)

This holiday is worth any price at all!

Room Tip: All rooms are sea-facing with a superb view. You can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in September. The staff were fantastic and so friendly. They made everyone so welcome. The view from our room was fabulous. It was over looking the marina and looking at the cruise liners coming in was brilliant. It was my 3rd time in Kusadasi but my 1st time staying here. I will b going back here again. Oh and get the Turkish massage in the hotel. Its so relaxing.

• Stayed September 2012
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I visited this Hotel twice last year & had a ball.... The entertainment is second to none & is provided day & night, making it suitable for singles, couples, families, young & older. All the Staff are extremely friendly & go out of there way to ensure you have a great Holiday- some even have Cork accents!!!
There are amazing views, food is fantastic, it is extremely clean but it is the Staff & the entertainment provided here at the Golden Day Wings that will have people coming back Season after Season. This Hotel comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my first visit to Turkey and I couldn't have hoped for a better place to stay. It made the holiday what it was. All the staff are extremely friendly and very approachable. The rooms and the view are second to none. Three of us shared two rooms and it was great value, we took advantage of the spa and the hairdresser which were on site and were good as any hotel here at home, maybe even better. I'd highly recommend the Turkish bath! The pool and restaurant are fantastic and the entertainment staff really want you to enjoy yourself and include everyone in the fun! The pick up service from the hotel make the excursions such a pleasure and are a great way to see the surrounding areas. We loved the place so much we are already planning our return, and this time for twice as long! And are hoping the same staff will be there! I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels in kusadasi and this one is the best by far.the rooms are spotless and have a amazin view down by the marina. The staff are lovely and do all the entertainment them selfs which is even better..i would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to turkey .. Thanks again for makin our holidays even more better :)

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Hotel Goldenday Wings? Share your experiences!