“Amazing view to the harbor !!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Surtel Hotel Kusadasi

You added Surtel Hotel Kusadasi to your Saves list
Surtel Hotel Kusadasi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ataturk Bulv. No:20 Kusadasi Merkez, Kusadasi 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #80 of 148 Hotels in Kusadasi
Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
“Amazing view to the harbor !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I spend one week in Surtel hotel in the midle of september. If u choose a room with balkon - 3th and 4rth floor u will be regarded with best see view to Piegon Island and castle and Kusadasi ferry port and Skala Nuova. Every day we watch koming cruisers and enjoy to the seeview. On the top of the hotel there is a swiming pool and a nice bar with music, also with view. The stuff ismainly from young boys / helpfull / and speaking english. The position ot the Surtel is very close to the Old Town, bazars, Kervansarai. The food was not bad. If u are not pretendig for much extras Surtel is for u. For this money the hotel gives u a best position in town. In the night there is s music from the night bars and discotek in the Old Town. Around 5 in the mornign there is a pray from the local mosque. Not so big problem, i think is a part from a local ecsotic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just returned fron Surtel Hotel.Don't believe anything that the write ups tell you! I wouldn't even give it two stars! I would NEVER, EVERE, stay here again, even it were free! Arrived after a very long night and after having survived over a 3 hour transfer from Bodrum airport, dumped at the side of the road, no one to meet us. We were given a room by a rude man on reception and left to find it! It was awful! The room stank of drains the view was over rooftops and rubbish. I asked for another room, was given it, the room was as bad only a slightly better view, I said I wasn't happy and would see our rep from Falcon later that morning. I asked our rep if she could place us anywhere else as this was nothing like what we booked, she said no and that that hotels often lied on their sites, with reviews and pictures being falsified. She tried to get us another room and we were told that we could have 'the best room in the hotel' on Thursday. (This was Monday). We said ok. The food....well all I can say that if you like salad for breakfast, dinner and tea and re-cycled food, you will be fine! Again, truly awful. Flies on the food and just salads and nothing substantial to go with it, ever! We were all inclusive but ate out. All inclusive....what a joke! You were not allowed to help yourselves to some foods, strictly governed by times, I was not allowed dessert one night because at 9pm they pack away regardless of whether or not you are still eating. No ice creams or anything throughout the day, only beer, raki and vodka and lots of empty bottles on display, not even allowed water at certain times of day and definately not at night! The hotel is right in the centre of everything and the noise from the club across the road goes on till 5am, had to sleep with earphones in. Then the calls to prayers, hotel surrounded by at least 4 mosques, all calling to prayers from 5.30am until after 10pm through pa systems, sleep??? none! There was no entertainment at the hotel at all. The pool was far too small for the amount of guests, not enough beds either. The pool area was filthy, the pool was filthy, no one came to check the water or clean whilst we were there. It is a health and safety nightmare too, I fell on a wet floor, there were no signs out and staff were not bothered at all. Our 'best room in the hotel' was just the same as the rest only with a living room! Still smelly, better view but could not go on the balcony as the air con water pipe was left on the floor, water pouring out of it and it was always covered in dead flies. The view from the bedroom was like an air con graveyard along with rubbish, pigeon pooh in abundance and dirty underwear and swimwear!! Oh and in the restaurant near the window is an area where all the pigeons go the pooh, it was disgusting!!
All services end at 11pm and that's that! This hotel caters to eastern europeans, russians, and local turkish, if you are one of them you get help with your luggage, help to your room etc etc. English? No chance! Got the impression that they don't like us!
All the bedding and towels, clean but dated and grey looking, our maid did try her best though and there were one or two staff that did their best.
My advice, don't stay here, don't believe what you read anywhere and it is less than two star.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Levi, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was horrified and that is the right word by this hotel. For the days I stayed in I kept wondering on what system it was evaluated and got the three stars allowing it to be subscribed to the all inclusive category?!
That hotel is a joke (not the building itself don't get me wrong but the services) and unfortunately the joke is on us the customers. When I choose it for my holiday I consulted its website and other sites with photos and reviews but when I got there the services proved to be very poor as the food itself. Never in my life I've seen at an all inclusive to mix the food remained from lunch and make it the main course for dinner....What can I say more, maybe it is an all inclusive for raw vegans but not for the ones that need animal proteins in their diet. And about the deserts - if I didn't know something about Turkey I would think that their main desert is biscuits deepened in sugar sauce and meal halva.... we've seen no baclava at that all inclusive. To make myself clear I didn't go there for eating but I expected a proper service regarding the dishes quality. Something else that bothered me was the fact that the waiters were most of the times very unconsiderate acting like they were doing a great favour to the customers.
Moreover beware that the hotel's stuff knows little English and no other foreign language so it will probably happen to you to ask for something and get something else.
I have more stuff to tell but I should end probably with the mess the restaurant was regarding the cleaning part. Not once I've found dirty coffee cups and plates, tablecloths with spots on them, unclean chairs' tapestry and so on.
To end my story I strongly advise you not to go there even if the location is central! Choose another hotel and you'll be in the center of the resort in a couple of minutes for their means of public transportation are frequent and cheap...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hereford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Surtel is NOT all inclusive, certainly not as we know it.
I would happily stay there anytime in the future, but on a room only basis.
The location is perfect and the hotel is spotless; clean bedding and towels daily too.
The bar is only open for drinks from midday until 19:00 then again from 21:00 to 23:00, however the choice available is beer, vodka or raki. That's it!
You can only have a coffee at breakfast or at "coffee time" at 16:30.
The food is very limited, salads being the same every day. The hot dish was served by a chef, obviously being responsible for portion control, because if you asked for a bit more you just got a frown and they'd serve the next person!
The lift broke down at some point every day, though it was amusing to keep hearing people banging on the doors from inside!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as all you can hear in the rooms facing the street are the n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Got back yesterday from staying at surtel hotel. Wasn't happy with room as booked a sea view and was facing a wall but reception upgraded us to a suite which was lovely and the view was brilliant. Food not my taste but location and sun terrace good to sunbathe. Staff lovely especially reception man who does nights. Had a brilliant time at surtel and kusadasi is the best place ever. Met a couple at hotel, if you read this where's Nathan, stavros 4 plates n daddy i don't like this hotel??? Ha ha ha should have kept in touch. Best holiday ever but would probably stay room only

• Stayed July 2012
wolverhampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

we stayed from 2/7/2012 to 9/7/2012 and was extremely disappointed. The hotel was extremely dirty and our first room smelt so bad that we asked to be moved (325 to 317). The food was very bland and repetative, mainly being turkish, although on our 2nd to last night they actually served chips, which is the only time I ate an actual meal there. Most of the cups and plates were dirty and had to be checked before using. The pool as stated by others was small and sun loungers were few and far between. The all inclusive drink selection were poor and not upto much, although drinkable. As others have said the only thing this hotel has going for it, is the location. At present I would never ever visit this hotel, but if they were to renovate, and cater for us english to an extent, I may consider another visit.

Currently though I would advise others to greatly avoid at all costs

Room Tip: Just dont ever visit this hotel, until they fix and review
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

we stayed at the surtel from 3/7/12 to 9/7/12 we read the reviews before travelling and thought that people were remembering the negatives rather than the positives well how wrong we were. This place is in need of a really good clean and revamp the furniture should be binned as it is either broken dirty or stained as for the air con the only places that have that are the bedrooms while this is great and it's free you do need it in the dining and reception areas the all inclusive package is a joke unless you like very cheap wine and vodka raki and beer served in plastic tumblers they often ran out of orange juice which wasn't fresh. The food was ok my husband managed to eat most nights where as i ate rice and salad breakfast isn't for the british tourist they don't even go that extra mile to make toast.The pool area has 21 beds and the picture of the pool on this site leads you to believe that there's plenty room what a laugh don't know what they've done to this picture but it's not poolside at the surtel.Recepton staff and bar man were by far the friendliest the rest of the staff really need to get some customer care training.Finally would we stay there again not even if you payed us.

Room Tip: don't bother to book at all
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Surtel Hotel Kusadasi? Share your experiences!