“What can I say about the Sea Pearl” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Pearl Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kusadasi
Sea Pearl Hotel
You added Sea Pearl Hotel to your Saves list
Kadinlar Denizi Mah., Kusadasi, Turkey   |
Ranked #40 of 150 Hotels in Kusadasi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Limerick/Ireland
“What can I say about the Sea Pearl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

I have just returned from the Sea Pearl with my 2 children aged 11 and 13. We have travelled considerably over the last 8 years and I have yet to experience the attention the cleanliness the friendliness of the staff at the Sean Pearl.

Their attitude in this hotel is second to none.On arriving at 5.30 in the morning we were greeted by very welcoming staff who proceeded to remove our cases from the bus while we were treated to a fabulous breakfast before going to sleep for a few hours.This has never happen to us before normally you arrive at your hotel you drag your bags to reception you queue for your key and try and make your way to your room bleary eyed and tired.

The hotel is situated far away enough from the hussle and bussle of the night life yet near enough if you want a 10 min trip on the Dolmus. The restaurants are excellent offering all varieties of food. The food in the hotel may be a little more expensive than eating out but that certainily hasnt put us off.

All in all I would rate the Sea Pearl 10 out of 10 and we cant wait to return next year with family and friends.

Margaret Carroll Athea Co Limerick

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Our trip to the Sea Pearl hotel was extremely relaxing. I went with 4 other girls and we seemed to be the only group staying there at the time. Mainly couples and familys and everyone was Irish. The hotel provided entertainment every evening and although the food at the BBQ night was just ok the belly dancer was great.

The food in the hotel was of a high standard otherwise, large portions and Heinz beans! We booked b&b but it was bascially a continental breakfast, an Irish breakfast was about €5. Room service was free and available 24 hrs. The food in the hotel was actually some of the best we had.

The pool was fantastic and we could always find loungers. There were also pool staff to get you an umbrella, ice cream or drinks so you could literally just lie there all day.

The room facilities were basic and the fridge was really only a coolbox as it only keep things that were already cold cool.

The entertainment staff could be a bit annoying while we were relaxing trying to get us to join in games around the pool but maybe thats just because we were lazy and would probably be good for kids

The products used in the spa were very poor, I had a facial with dove body cream! We did enjoy the turkish bath although I think if we were going again I would go outside the hotel.

Kusadasi is fully of Irish bars and people. The restaurants down at ladies beach were much better quality then the central area and be wary of buying wine by the bottle in restaurants, we got stung for 2 bottles which cost us more than an entire meal plus wine elsewhere.

The markets are great for buying genuine fake bags but not much else Wednesday market was very stuffy. Locals say than when they are offering half price that is their realy cost so be sure to haggle down some more.

Really enjoyed this trip and the weather was fantastic. Would defo go back

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Limerick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

We stayed here in June with a group of 7 people ranging from 21 to 33. . The hotel was really spacious and clean and the rooms also. The food in the hotel was ok but we ate out most nights as we found the hotel a bit overpriced. There was plenty to do during the day when lounging by the pool.. we didnt see much of the evening entertainment as we headed for bar street most nights but we had a few night caps in the hotel after our Sessions on bar street.. i would definately stay here again.

• Liked — The clean rooms and spacious hotel
  • Disliked — The food and the prices of things in the hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Killarney Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

Having just arrived home from our first holiday in Turkey my husband and I found it to be a very positive experience. The whole holiday is great value for money. Hotel was very clean, staff lovely and whereas it was expensive to eat and drink in compared to prices outside the hotel this can only be expected. The entertainment was enjoyed by families mostly with children but we preferred to eat out at night and only had a few drinks in the hotel on our return. Breakfast was adequate, freshly cooked omlettes being the most popular option but plenty fruit and bread etc available. Pool area was tight for space but staff were as helpful as possible getting umbrellas etc and organising entertainment for young and old in the pool area. The Turkish people I found very friendly and welcoming and very little pressure is exerted to get you into their shop or restaurant etc as if they are reported will be closed down for a week as a penalty. I actually saw this happen to a restaurant in ladies beach, it must have hurt his pocket badly. My favourite restaurants in Kusadassi were Saray and The Castle and Cam on the waterfront. We also ate in a restaurant on Pigeon Island I think it was called Baba but I am not sure, it was on the right hand side just after the boats. Very nice. We had read good reports on Rosys on Ladys Beach but found it nicer for lunch than for dinner. "Somewhere else" is a lovely place to eat on Ladys Beach with a great welcome from Tom who seems to know all the guests. Prices in Kusadasi are half what you expect to pay at home for good food and the wine is also about half price. The Dolmus which is a small white mini bus can be picked up anywhere in the town and covers most hotels and only costs 2 lira, or 1 Euro a great way to see the area. We just made just one full day excursion to Effesus in the morning and after an adequate lunch to Our Ladys House in the afternoon. This was a lovely peaceful area and we enjoyed it very much. We had a great guide who explained the history on both places to us and I would not do these trips without the help of such local knowledge. The Sunway Rep in the Hotel "Orlaith" was a lovely girl who did her best to point everyone in the right direction. I would advise anyone travelling this summer to be very careful with sun protection. It was 44 deg on the last day of our holiday and our Irish skins cannot cope with that heat. Wear a bandana or hat and plenty suncream. This is about the same price in Turkey as at home so bring your favourite brand with you.
Having said all that I hope it helps someone thinking of going to Kusadasi. We will go back again hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Liked — friendly staff, cleanliness, good views
  • Disliked — it is a bit of a climb up to the hotel from the beach so may not suit old or infirm
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2008

Just got back yesterday, went with my two daughter's aged 5 and 11, arriveded to a welcome party which was a pleasent surprise, the rooms were lovely and clean and spacious. The entertainment was very good everynite, was recommended a couple of restraunts in the town but having tryed one 'the saray' which was nice, i still preferred the hotel restraunt as did the girls. A great holiday had by all apart from flight delays and bad flight times, everything else was lovely, will go back again.

Stayed May 2008
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Depending on the type of holiday you are after, this hotel may be a bit of a nightmare or a pleasant surprise. I had read the reviews on TA and was expecting the comparative remoteness of the hotel – it is slap bang in the middle of suburbia with no restaurants or pubs on it’s doorstep – this annoyed some of the holidaymakers I spoke with who were more used to a Lanzarote style location where everything is within a couple of meters reach! However, for us, we wanted a holiday with a bit of sun but without being in a busy resort, it was fine. The hotel has an adequate restaurant with a large menu – so while the food was ok, I doubt if a lot of it was made from scratch, but it did the job when you needed it. Breakfast is served there, buffet style, it’s fine without being great, most days I had an omelette which is cooked in front of you.

The hotel also has a pool bar and a bar inside with awful evening entertainment. The staffs (all men) at the hotel were faultless, if a bit flirty with women, but generally I found them very helpful.

Right outside the door a minivan bus takes you to the centre of Kusadasi for one and a half Turkish lira – about 80 cents – and literally comes every three minutes or less. So at no stage did we feel isolated from anything. Journey takes about 15 mins.

The hotel is quite nice with all the basics, but just the basics. You get two teabags which are not replaced. You get a bottle of water to boil your first few cuppas with, which is not replaced. You get two bars of soap which are not replaced (even though they are pretty much dead by the third day). No shampoo, shower gel etc is provided. Anything that runs out – you are expected to purchase in an on-site shop which is a total rip off – go into town and get your bits at a quarter of the price. I bought factor 20 sunblock for the equivalent of €15 – my fault for forgetting it and getting burnt, but just to give you an idea.

Personally all I wanted to do on this trip was get some sleep and do some reading and the Sea Pearl was perfect for that. There is not much to do in the hotel except drink so if you are not a drinker you will probably spend some time in your room reading and eating as I did! I also used the onsite beauticians which I thought were very good, if a little overpriced – the package deals work out cheaper. The Turkish bath and massage that I had were excellent.

I tried to eat in places where there were lots of Turkish people, the food is fresh but I found it a bit bland. I also had a hard time finding any other fruit other than oranges –they are everywhere!

I enjoyed my holiday but I think it was more to do with the fact that I arrived stressed out and tired and spent the time catching up on sleep and reading than where I actually was. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a lively holiday, or a romantic one. I would say the hotel is probably best for families with young children as there is plenty of room to run around and the hotel had a kids club on every day.

• Liked — Balcony facing the sea
  • Disliked — Felt like the hotel watches every penny
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sea Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!