“Grand Hotel Kurdoglu & Kusadasi Turkey” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Hotel Kurdoglu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yatlimani Karsisi, Kusadasi 09400, Turkey   |
Ranked #70 of 149 Hotels in Kusadasi
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Grand Hotel Kurdoglu & Kusadasi Turkey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Eight of stayed at this hotel in August of this year for a fortnight. This was our first time ever for an all inclusive holiday. on our first night there we had problems with the rooms but by the next morning the issue was resolved, so the service was great from the staff. The staff are very friendly and there is a willingness to help. The Manager was extremely helpful when one night my daughter managed to get some gel spray in her eye and needed medical attention. He personally took us to the chemist ( and on Sundays only two named chemists are open), he managed to find one for us and we sought some help. Without him I can assume our task would have been time consuming. The Chef was lovely, he catered for our dietery needs. There is a Customer Relations lady who is around the hotel should you experience any difficulties and found her that she was able to resolve any issue - mainly with issues with trips booked from agents.

There is always plenty of food, breakfast, lunch, afternoon treats, supper and drinks are always availalbe on demand. They don't mind you taking food into your rooms unlike some hotels. I felt my children could walk around and explore the hotel without any danger, except the obvious ones like marble stairs that we're certainly not used to in the UK. The food can get a little boring for vegetarians but the Chef was happy to make us something of our choice, given the recipe.

The staff in the restaurant are always smilng and always happy to help. I wish we had the same in this Country. They apply so much energy and always smiling considering the hours they work - i can only but applaud them.

The view from the hotel is something you cannot capture on photos - you have to be there to see it. We watched the sunset daily. We also watched cruise ships come and go including cruise ships doing 3 point turns !!!! Amazing.

The rooms are cleaned daily and sheets changed every other day, though if you get them dirty,they will change them. Towels are fresh everyday and plenty of them so no need to take any; there is hair dryer in the bathroom though not powerful but on the other hand not needed as you need to stand in the balcony and its dry within minutes. Body washes, shampoos etc are supplied but just as easily available from nearby shops (Migros - 5 min walk from the Hotel) and chemists - brands that we're accustomed too, I would say don't take the unnecessary weight. We may not speak Turkish but the Turkish speak good enough English to understand us.

Laundry service is very expensive at the hotel, so we bought our own washing powder and washed what was necessary. No nearby laudrettes either. :(((

Kusadasi is very small and central to alot of the main attractions in Turkey. Ephesus only 30 minutes away. Half day, i would say would suffice. Take plenty of water, we ran out and there are no shops on route from North to South or vice versa. The Hotel organises alot of the trips and in my opinion are a better option. Though we hired a taxi for one day for 200 TL for the 8 of us for the whole day to Izmir.

If you decide to do a day trip to Samos, Greece then please take with you Euros as they do not accept TL and to try and exchange money at the bank is painstakingly long!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily i had my HSBC card which allowed free withdrawels meant we had access to money, after finding a cash point. When you reach Samos there isn't much to do unless you organise beforehand. We should have taken a taxi to the beach but we didn't know. The buses are not regular. So by the time you try and decide what you want to do it's time to get back to the boat. Plan and organise and you'll have a good time and also in addition to say you've seen a bit of Greece. The boat trip was lovely as we saw Dolphins swimming near us - a lovely sight and didn't even have to pay :))

To obtain your visas they will probably charge you an additional 5TL, which they don't tell you about but you have to accept this is there way of making as much money as they can during their holiday season.

When you're shopping be careful not to bargain to the point you're going to insult them - it's not like before where you reduce the price to 1/5. I would say start with just over half the price of what they say and you might keep them interested.

Pamukale is a must - it's one of the wonders of the world as is Ephesus. It's a long day but with air conditioned coaches it's fine. I have to say that the day is rushed. If I did it again, i would take a private taxi and spend the time i want without any guide giving me hours of talk. You want to go there and enjoy being in the water, though unlike before you cannot go down to the lower tiers, top tier only and unfortunately ..... but nonetheless, a sight worth and a must to experience.

The AQUA water park that is part of Disney is the one to go to, we spent the whole day and the children loved it completely - best day of the trip. Expect alot of climbing step ..... :))))

We also spent a day at the Diamond Beach - it was certainly 'diamond' and well worth the day or even two. Just watch the rocks as you enter the sea as my brother in law hurt his big toe badly.

The weather is guaranteed, so not much to say there except plenty of sun screen - which incidently is available there too if you decide not to take too much.

Bags, shoes and clothes are of better quality now unlike some 15 years ago.

Kusadasi is quiet and not many Brits in sight. I think alot of the visitors were from Iran and other parts of Turkey. Not a great deal to do except to absorb the lovely sun, sights and just to relax. Lively at nights as most shops open til early hours of the morning. If you want a holiday that has lots of pubs, clubs and rowdiness then Kusadasi is not for you, try Mamaris.

I wanted to just chill so i was in the right place. Saying that there isn't much for children at the hotel or anywhere that we found nearby, except an open park near the seafront.

I did tell the Hotel Manager that they need a few activities for children - but i guess receiving visitors that are local, it isn't expected.

Overall, i would visit Kusadasi again and again. I loved it. The Hotel provides and i would recommend to family and friends too.

Room Tip: higher the floor better the view, we were in room 401 & 402
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've just got back from a two week holiday here and never have i felt so welcome anywhere, the staff where excellent polite and so polite, i even met the owner who was honestly the most lovely man i have ever met he was so kind to me and my friends, he even went and bought us chocolate some nights,
the chef was phenomenal his chicken was absolutely delicious
all in all i couldnt give this hotel ENOUGH stars, loved every second of my stay

Derry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks, had an amazing holiday will defiantly be back in kusadasi brilliant place!!! However this hotel is no were near a 4 star! The food was awful one night we had dinner in the hotel my friend cut into his chicken and it was raw it was nit cooked at all it was still jelly! Lucky enough he notice it before eating it, also the chef puts the cooked chicken back on the same plate that the raw chicken was on before it had been cooked which is very dangerous!! The rooms were lovely even though I had no balcony I still really liked the rooms and the staff are great at this hotel the owner is very pleasant and helpful! The pool on the roof is great and very quiet and the bar is right next to the pool which is great!! Would not recommend going all inclusive to this hotel but apart from the food we had an amazing holiday we just went out for our dinner instead of eating in the hotel! This hotel is also a good 30 mins walk to bar street, when we booked we were told we were right next to bar street which was a let down also!! Would highly recommend kusadasi as a holiday tho just not this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The personnel of the hotel are super friendly and nice. The food is perfect and there is always enough variety for every taste. The view of the hotel is great and you can get a full view of the beach. The events provided by the hotel that happen on the roof are very entertaining.
I really recommend this hotel.

Istanbul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night. It is not at all a 4 star hotel, it is mostly a pension. The hotel owner is nice and has good attitude but that's all. There are much better hotels in Kusadasi for this price. So the value is not at all for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Return to this hotel for the second time and would definately come here again. All the staff are very friendly and helpful . I am british and found nothing wrong with the food. Enjoyed the barbecues which they have most nights. We had such a great time we didnt want to go home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Everything was great! Friendly staff, fresh and tasty food, clean rooms. I spent 11 days with my husband, my parents, and parents of my husband. We had such a wonderful time together, enjoyed dinner and amazing sea view every night. I strongly recommend this hotel for people who are looking for a good deal with affordable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hotel Kurdoglu? Share your experiences!