“hotel kurdulu” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 148 Hotels in Kusadasi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“hotel kurdulu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

we stayed at this hotel from the 8th july to the 23rd, when we arrived we were put down in the dungeons, they sed we could change rooms in 2days time, but they moved us the next day after my daughter complained, we were all inclusive but ate out every evening because the food was terrible, they do not cater for english people only turkish, we complained about the breakfast, brits dont like salad, cheese and watever else they distributed, and the manager cooked us a full english breakfast, but he didnt want to serve us bacon because there was a lot of muslims in the hotel, well it WAS our holiday as well and us brits like a full english, the staff on the terrace bar were rude and threw our drinks at us, they also kept playing turkish music and when we complained they put one english record on then put turkish music back on, i dont think the staff were aware it was are holiday instead of catering for themselves, we complained numerous times about the music to the manager, and he did tell them but as soon as he left the terrace they put turkish music back on, his staff let him down on the terrace bar,the hotel was lovely and clean with nice rooms as for the rest of it dont go if your british it only caters for tukish people and was a very dissapointing letdown, i for one would never go back to the kurdulu or kusadasi ever again

Room Tip: dont even go there, book else were
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kusadası, Izmir, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

we never expected food as same as w eating at home.food was delicious tasty and plenty of selectionevery night bbq .spotless clean room-helpful staff and they were always there to entertainmy kids which is give me a break sometimes). good location so close to town ;family run hotel and u feel quite safe.nex to hotel building going-hilton double tree- i heard they were really noisy before butits over because summer time notallowed by goverment .builders still there and working but quiet ;shortly me andm y family really enjoyed it thanx guys for alll you ve done !!

Room Tip: 3rd floor no 1
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Guilford, null, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Me and my partner travelled as a couple in late June 2012. After reading previous good reviews from past years we were both very dissapointed.
ROOMS:On arrival at 1am after a 2 hour transfer from Bodrum airport we had a rude welcome. The man at reception greeted us without a single smile, did not proivde any information, and took us down into the basement. AVOID GOING BOOKING ECONOMY ROOMS - as these are in the basement, where the staff live. This basement is scary to say the least, dark corridoors and electric warnings (as seen on pictures). We were guided into our room with no information about the room just a 'goodnight'. As we unpacked we discovered a scary large hole in the back of our wardrobe, to then find behind the wardrobe was a mystery door frame into another room!- basically our wardrobe backed onto another wardrobe. We could hear all the turkish conversations via this into the next room which on the first night was terrorfing. Our bathroom was also flooded on the first night via the sink, we complained and asked to be moved room, to be told to come back in the morning. Once returned we were told we could not be moved as the hotel was full, however she then offered us a upgrade for £5 a day- therefore not full!. Eventually 2 days before we left the hotel! we were moved to a much nicer room with a balcony. All rooms seemed to have excellent aircon on the plus side and were cleaned, however were very dated and most bathroom appliances stained and grotty.
FOOD: Food was ok, breakfast was salad, omletes, fresh good bread, jams etc. However orange juice was extra, if you were to ask for it at the bar he would serve you 'fanta'. Lunch was a mix of hot and cold dishes, salads, chips, vegetables we always found something we liked. Also great for vegetarians! Dinner was also ok, 4 hot dishes to choose from and you could go up as many times as you liked. Snacks during the day however were very odd! sometimes not provided at all, one day we had a cheese toastie made by the chef, another day there was chocolate cake?
You ate on the roof top, which we thought was a lovely touch, it provided excellent views and a great setting to eat in, it was also a social area, as during dinner times it got very busy, meaning you usually had to share tables with others. We met some great people during our stay which made the holiday more enjoyable.
DRINKS: Drinks however were very dissapointing. All soft drinks, coke, lemonade etc were vaule knockoffs, tasting very different to the actual brands. Water tasted old from a dispenser. All vodka etc was 100% watered down. Drinks also ended at 10pm, very early, the first few days we stocked up on our drinks before 10, however as the weeked developed hotel managment put a stop to this, inforcing a 'hand over a empty glass to get a new drink' policy. During our stay we also had trouble with bar staff pocking our money when buying drinks after 10pm, drinks after this time should therefore be avioded as they are very expensive! The hotel owner appologised for this by ordering us english a pizza takeaway!
TOWN:Another down side is that hotel was boring, no entertainment at all. Me and my partner would highly reccomend Murphys Bar in town. Ally-the friendly rep will come to the hotel in the mornings to book you, they pick you up and drop you off (if you want) and sometimes throw in extras for free if you seem unsure, we got free icecream first then two free cocktails the next time! Food here was excellent and freshly made, its good to mix up your holiday from the samey all inclusive. Also great for fussy eaters, as it serves English food as well as Turkish.
EXCERSIONS: Whilst on our stay we also done two excersions, one to Adaland water park which was great, which free pick up. The other on a boat trip, stopping at 3 stunning bays for swimming, included a lovely buffet lunch and all inc drinks, this was 55 lira for two people, a very good price once haggled down. (go to town to buy these trips as you can haggle down the price, buying from the hotel rep is much more expensive). This boat trip was the highlight of our holiday, a great experience as we were lucky to see dolphins!
We also went on two day trips to 'Dolphin Beach'. The reps will come everyday to ask if youd like to go, We enjoyed the trips every much, for 15lira (£5) you get transport from the hotel and back, a free soft drink, lounger and big plate of fresh exotic fruit in the afternoon, good value, we also ate lunch at the resturaunt here which was also lovely.
LOCATION:The best thing about this hotel is the location, about a 15 minute walk to the town, a walk which we done most nights. It is also close to 3 shops and buses stop outside, however we ever used the public buses, always walked to town.
Town is highly reccomended, it has lots of traditional shops and places to eat or drink, be prepared to be hassled by the Turkish to go in their shops though, it literally never ends and can be hard to say no and walk out once in a shop.
Staff were polite but most very young and couldnt speak much english. They were always cleaning up after you which was good.
Personally we would not return to this hotel, however for what we paid it was not too bad, it is basic. If you go to this hotel not expecting too much and mixing it up with excersions and dinners out you will be fine.

Room Tip: Aviod booking economy rooms as these are in the basement where the staff live and are very basic, sc...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 9th July - 17 July 2012. The location is fine, approximately 500 metres from the main town.

The rooms are basic with relatively new furniture. Our room was cleaned daily although for some reason the maid did not take away our empty glasses and on occasion the shower would not drain properly causing the drains to smell. The rooms are complete with good air con systems at no additional charge. The balconies however are tiny and if as we do, you enjoy relaxing on the balcony in the evenings, this hotel is not for you.

Also, our room overlooked a building site.The workers commenced at around 9.00am and finished at 19.00. However, the noise was not a particular distraction, provided the balcony door was shut.

The staff were all friendly. The service on a whole was ok, but certainly not 4*, more 2 -3*.The fridge in our room was not working and we asked for this to be looked at three times, but this was not done.

We had booked all inclusive but ate at the restuarant only once. The food was predominately a Turksih salad buffet with 4 warm dishes (two mains two sides). The resort appears to be a largely Turkish resort, which explains why the food was predominately aimed at the Turkish market with few items suitable for fussy eaters or people wanting English food. This should be considered by anyone looking at this hotel.

If all you are looking for is somewhere basic and clean to rest your head and you can get a cheap deal the Grand Hotel Kurdologu is fine. However, do not expect 4* and do not go all inclusive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was not a holiday but an endurance test. Its taken me 5 days to be able to write my experince down as ive been in shock - this was my long awaited, yearly holiday with my friend.

I was having a ciggy outside main reception whilst the 2 other groups of guests were checking in. By the time we went inside (about 1am) the first man was back down to say he couldnt stay in his room!! My thoughts were what have we got to look forward too.

I was very hungry and thirsty, so asked the receptionist if there was anything we could have eg sandwich, he said no. I asked him to order me some food, he didnt speak very good english but the only thing he could offer was turkish pizza-I said I would eat anything even though I didnt know what it was.

He took us to a room in the dungeons, which was, to me like a prison cell. He said we could change tomorrow.

In the morning we were told we were economy all inclusive, and if we wanted a balcony it was an extra £5 per day. We chose not to pay and were given a room on the 1st floor. No balcony, overlooking scuffy flats, broken fridge and small.

For every meal there was salad, we had chicken or meat balls most of the time. Food was warm.

Im not a big drinker, but had looked forward to my holiday malibu and pineapple treat- im still waiting, waitress kept saying she'd get it tomorrow. One night, there were 6 of us sitting on the rooftop terrace, and I went to get the drinks for everyone, to be told i could only have the drinks if I took the glasses back.

Thankfully I took my kettle, so could have a coffe and someone gave me some tea bags.

The bottles of water are locked in the fridge, and was only given some as I was getting on the bus on departure.

The hotel owner has recently taken over and I realise its going to be a hard slog for him, but its no excuse to ruin my holiday. I did tell him the hotel should not be 4* but 2* at the most. I also said he should not take the British people as we expect so much and he cant deliver. I also told him that I had never heard of his economy or standard all-inclusive.

One morning we were having bread and jam for breakfast with another couple of girls, and the owner joined us. One of the girls said she was starving as there was nothing nice to eat, she said she wanted bacon, sausage and eggs for breakfast, he said he would take them out to a nearby restaurant, and left me and my friend looking at each other!! The next day for breakfast we got tomatoes, spicey sausage and fried egg.

There was no luxury at this hotel at all, everything is very basic and some areas need a good clean.

We did meet some very nice people who were in the same predicament as us, but we managed to get through it, as I said before, it was a weeks endurance course and I wouldnt want to go through it again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ploiesti, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I have just returned home from a week at this hotel, we never go back there, we recommend you strongly not to choose this Hotel. Your vacation will be ruined like ours.
We got to the hotel around 6 p. m, they gave us the room an the bracelet for all inclusive service, the room seemed clean but in the closet we found a shirt.. it seemed that they didn1t cleaned all the room.
We asked the pass for internet connection, surprisingly they told us that we have to pay 8 liras per day but if we do so we will be able to enter the internet just in the hotel lobby.
I wanted to drink some water from the bar and they told me that the water is not included in all inclusive service and I have to take it myself from the water machine in the lobby so … I did that and the water was hot, they told me that the machine is broken and if I wish to drink cold water I have to buy it from the market next door or from the hotel bar 3 times more expensive. Unacceptable!!! Well the day passed I bought cold water from the market; I slept and wake up in a nightmare hotel.
Breackfast bad food: only egs with few salads
Lunch: Only 2 kinds of wharm food some little fish, some tomatoes and cucumber, few kinds of salads.
Dinner: The same as lunch everything very bad.
I strongly don`t recomand you to ever go to that hotel you will ruin all your vacantion

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

first of all we (me & fiance) had wonderful time overall , stayed in kurdoglu for 10 days ... hotel is very conveniently located i can say it s a short walking distance to get marina and center. our room was very comfy or we were very lucky :)) cos it was spacious room, even a family can fit ( with extra beds ofcourse ) I found the staff to be very courteous , friendly and helpful...also being served gr8 variety of food .... my favorites were grilled fish and kofte (kinda meat ball) ...to be honest well worth it good value for money / all inclusive... look forward to our next visit to kurdoglu

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hotel Kurdoglu? Share your experiences!