“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 148 Hotels in Kusadasi
Dudley, United Kingdom
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My partner and I have just got back after staying for 7 nights and we both had a brilliant time in this hotel. Neither of us have had all inclusive before and so I was little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on here, but I am glad to say that in my opinion they were wrong.

We arrived at around 5 in the morning and we were instantly greeted by a couple of staff members who carried our bags inside. We were checked in to the hotel speedily by a very pleasant woman with good English, which was much appreciated as we had been travelling all night.

The room was clean and comfortable and had a big bay window, although we didn't get a balcony which i was quite disappointed about, however the view of the sea we had from our room was still lovely. The bathroom was a decent size with a shower and hair dryer. The air con worked well and was much appreciated in the day, however it was noisey and kept me awake at night but it was too hot to turn it off.

Mealtimes were the highlight of our stay. There was a different choice of hot and cold food for both lunch and dinner every day, there was a wide choice of salad, a different soup each day and some rather yummy desserts. I never had to queue for more than about 2 minutes for hot food and there was always plenty of food there. I am quite a fussy eater but i was willing to try everything that was served and enjoyed pretty much everything.

There were 2 pools, one on the terrace, which was quite small and had limited sun loungers but had fantastic views, the other where we chose to spend our days was just over the road from the hotel. This pool was clean and a decent size with plenty of sun loungers to choose from.

It was made very clear to us when we checked in that all inclusive finished at 10 o clock, and after drinking by the pool for most of the day that suited us perfectly. However, the main town was only a 5-10 minute walk down the road where there were plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

I found the choice of drinks, although not massive, perfectly adequate. The staff were friendly, corteous and hard working. Thursday night was Turkish night where we had games, a belly dancer and street dancers, which I particuarly enjoyed.

All in all we had a brilliant time. If this is bad for an all inclusive hotel I can't wait to go to a good one!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I’ve just got back from a one week stay at this hotel and can honestly say that I’d have been happy to stay there for longer and was quite sad to leave.

For all those who make comments that the hotel doesn't deserve a 4* rating – you obviously didn’t do your homework before you left! The star rating in Turkey is not the same as in England. What do you expect when you’re paying such a low price for a holiday? If a plush suite with all you can eat all day is what you want, then book into the Hilton and don’t do things on the cheap!

As far as the food is concerned; there were only queues if you went straight in to eat as soon as the food was produced. My friend and I were quite happy to sit at the bar for a relaxing drink before we ate and found that there was no waiting to be served. It is correct that the hot food is dished out by a person behind the counter but he was more than happy to give you more of whatever you wanted and there was no limit on how many times you visited the counter, although personally I found one trip perfectly adequate. The choice of food was not extensive but equally it was not bad and what I had, I enjoyed.

I found the majority of staff to be very friendly, amusing and always happy to help and would like to thank them for making my holiday so enjoyable.

We did have a bit of an issue booking in due to our early arrival. Although an early check in had been requested this was not possible due to no rooms being available. I think that this was possibly an administrative error this end and by the end of the first day we had been moved into a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the sea, which is what we originally booked – what more can you ask for.

The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh bed linen and towels provided on each occasion. The rooms had free air conditioning and you can purchase a safe key from reception for the duration of your stay at a reasonable rate.

The town is only a 10 minute walk away along the sea front, which is a very pleasant walk. Alternatively, there is the No.2 bus which stops right outside the hotel entrance every 5-10 minutes which will take you there for 1.5 TL. In my opinion, the hotel is ideally situated as it is far enough away from the town to avoid any noise but close enough for those who wished to venture out for the night life to get there easily.

All in all, the hotel was good value for money and I had a brilliant holiday and would be very happy to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Room 311 -- lol

When we arrived at this hotel it was 1.30am in the morning. We were met by 3 very friendly staff who carried our bags to our room. As it was the weekend, we decided to have a look around the hotel to see if there was anywere we could get a drink and relax, all lights were turned off and the place looked more like a "wake house" than a hotel, we ended up just goin to bed..

The next day we got up bright and early and went for breakfast. Here there was a new chef who hadnt a clue trying to make omelettes from 2 tiny fryin pans for about 300 people. Breakfast was nearly over by the time we got ours.

Lunch and dinner were disgraceful... One old man behind the counter givin you childrens portions and if you dared ask for more you got "the look" lol... Staff stand around at all corners watching you as you eat which is very intimidating. Ready to pounce on you to lift your plate..

Snacks was one toastie machine similar to one i have at home, to cater for 300 people one toastie at a time... a joke!!

Very little choice of drinks. Vodka, gin, beer, wine or raki.. anything else is 'extra'. The bar woman downstairs couldnt speak english and if you asked for a vodka and coke, you were sure to get a pint of beer lol....

Water bottles are plentiful and are normally always nice and cool.

Rooms are nice and modern, and are cleaned most days with fresh sheets and towels. Air condition was excellent although some of our friends said theres didnt work.
Our view from the bedroom was amazing!

What made our holiday was the staff in the Grand kurdoglu... especially Ilkan, Ingin and garcan.. I would go back to hotel purely for the fact that they work there! They were great and couldnt be more helpful.

All in all, this is def not a 4 star hotel.. We didnt make use off all inclusive at all and felt abit robbed by this hotel... I feel sorry for the poor staff who have to work under such horrible management and conditions.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

After reading some of the reviews on here I was a bit scared of going to the hotel after booking it. To my surprise it was nothing like all the previous reviews that I had read. The staff, the management and the people we met in general were all lovely. My children (1 and 4) loved the hotel and all the staff in it. They treated the children like they were a part of the family and nothing was too big or to small for them to do. My little boy had an accident and the family who's hotel it is were amazing in helping with him.

The hotel itself is great, the food is gorgeous, mainly Turkish but Im not one to expect English food in a foreign hotel. If thats what people want then go on holiday in England.

I would have like the bar to stay open a bit longer but they have no problem with you stocking your drinks up before time so that you have enough to last you to stay up. The bar stays open for you to buy drinks and the bar staff are so friendly.

I would advise anyone to go to Kusadasi as the place is so beautiful and everyday you would see a different cruise liner parked up on the mariner. Our view was of the sea and the mariner and it was stunning.

Overall I would advise anyone to go to this hotel. Great value for money, nice, friendly, and relaxing

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed for a week and although the Hotel itself is clean and tidy,the All Inclusive situation is a bit of a joke!! At meal times there is a severe lack of choice its either salad or the choice of one hot dish which you have to queue up for and you are served by the Chef to make sure you don't take to much. Breakfast is not worth turning up to its a Chef individually making omelettes with one frying pan the queue's a mile long!! Not enough choice of drinks at the bar!! Snacks during the day is a TOASTIE!! Very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

Best holiday we've ever had so far without a question. Staff are always there to help you with anything any meens, rooms are spotless, food delicious, not a big fun of Thurkish food but enjoyed every bit of it. I would strongly recomment Grand Kurdoglu if you want to have stress free n joyfull holiday. All the best to grand kurdoglu staff will definetly be seeing you next year

• Stayed July 2011
stoke on trent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Stayed for 1 week at this hotel.They do not know how to cater for all inclusive.You cannot eat after 9 o clock. Only have drinks until 10pm.Only choice is their Vodka,Gin Raki,wine which they run out of.And Lager anything else you have to pay for.You can't help yourself to the 3 dishes they only serve you que up as if you were at school,If you don't get there early they run out and don't bring any more. There is nothing for kids no entertainment any night.Everyone I spoke to felt the same Breakfast salad boiled eggs. You could have a omlette if you wanted to que for 1/2 hr.Staff good clean towels everyday but very bad management .We spent more than if we had gone S/c very old & delapedated & stinks. Wouldn't stay there again really badly misled it was 54 star. I have been as truthful as possible never complained about a hotel before.Took your bands of at 2 am and you couldn't have a drin or anythoing eat after that even though you have paid for the day.The rep didn't even turn up at the dates she said she would.

Room Tip: your kids would be bored no nothing only the pool not even an ice cream